TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I had my tree all perfect a few days ago, and then none of the changes were kept. I have redone my tree, but I know its not the same as I had before.... its driving me slightly insane. blink.gif

Darnit. I had my tree perfect, then I submitted-apparently two of my lights that were supposed to be faded, weren't. There are two extra unlit lights off to the side of my tree. Curses.

Darnit. I had my tree perfect, then I submitted-apparently two of my lights that were supposed to be faded, weren't. There are two extra unlit lights off to the side of my tree. Curses.

You can still edit today, it's not locked till the 9th now. wink.gif

Ooh, really? But when I clicked submit again, it says I had already submitted-is it going through anway? smile.gif

I'm still having layering problems. The tree topper ornaments can't be layered like the other ornaments. With the other ornaments you get to choose which ornament you want to appear on top but with the tree topper ornaments the layering appears to be locked and you can't change it.

Please please please someone fix this! Today is the last day of editing and I really need to adjust the stacking of those ornaments.

You can layer yours? Mine are stuck with one on top and one below, how do you change it?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but:

What if several of the top 50 (honourable mentions, 1st, 2nd, 3rd) have the same idea?

Can't be done. Only 5 of the "gold" variant will be awarded. If one of those five wants something else, a person from the "silver" level will be offered the "gold." And so on.

So, there will be exactly 5 "gold" medals given...

exactly 10 "silver" medals...

exactly 15 "bronze" medals...

The most that could duplicate, would be if all 20 honorable mention winners decided they want the same dragon.

Note that I called the prizes medals and put the color in quotes. If you read TJ's original description of the prizes, you'll see that it's three variants of the same dragon, and that they are called gold/silver/bronze ONLY to specify the prize level.

He also says it's a "never-before-seen" dragon. He doesn't say it will be an exclusive dragon, limited to these 30 and their offspring. For all we know, this might be three alt forms for a dragon that will be released after the contest. There are three alt sprites for the sweetlings, after all -- they just don't breed true, and these ones will.

You can get 19 more strings of beads by clicking the link for more popcorn garland and lights.

You can get 19 more strings of beads by clicking the link for more popcorn garland and lights.

1. Only if you already have popcorn, beads, and/or lights from clicking on the tree on the day they appeared.

2. You get 19 more of all three, not just one. They will be stacked on top of one another on your tree page.

Ooh, really? But when I clicked submit again, it says I had already submitted-is it going through anway? smile.gif

When you click the submit button it's only signing your scroll up for the contest, the tree that will be judged will be the tree on your scroll at midnight tonight (in about 9 hours)

1. Only if you already have popcorn, beads, and/or lights from clicking on the tree on the day they appeared.

2. You get 19 more of all three, not just one. They will be stacked on top of one another on your tree page.

The link doesn't say anything about beads, so I thought I'd point it out.

Can't be done. Only 5 of the "gold" variant will be awarded. If one of those five wants something else, a person from the "silver" level will be offered the "gold." And so on.

So, there will be exactly 5 "gold" medals given...

exactly 10 "silver" medals...

exactly 15 "bronze" medals...

The most that could duplicate, would be if all 20 honorable mention winners decided they want the same dragon.

Note that I called the prizes medals and put the color in quotes. If you read TJ's original description of the prizes, you'll see that it's three variants of the same dragon, and that they are called gold/silver/bronze ONLY to specify the prize level.

He also says it's a "never-before-seen" dragon. He doesn't say it will be an exclusive dragon, limited to these 30 and their offspring. For all we know, this might be three alt forms for a dragon that will be released after the contest. There are three alt sprites for the sweetlings, after all -- they just don't breed true, and these ones will.

You are wrong!

Prize dragons can breed more prize dragons, so they are not going to be exclusive. And if they are an exclusive ALT dragon, they can't produce more prize dragons... wink.gif

What if, the gold people want a HM award kay, And so do the silver, and so do the bronze, and so do the HM? o.o What would happen then? o.o

You are wrong!

Prize dragons can breed more prize dragons, so they are not going to be exclusive. And if they are an exclusive ALT dragon, they can't produce more prize dragons... wink.gif

1. "Exclusive" means that only the prize winners ever get CBs. So, the fact that they're breedable doesn't automatically mean that they are not exclusive.

2. Just because no alt sprites TO DATE have bred true, doesn't mean that THESE won't be alts that breed true. The cave changes all the time. Unless you have inside knowledge that you cannot share (spoilers are forbidden), you cannot say that I am wrong.

I *may* be wrong on this, but then I stated up front that I was speculating -- and you cannot say for certain that I *am* wrong, because you are not TJ (who would just chuckle to himself and not correct me, anyway).

What if, the gold people want a HM award kay, And so do the silver, and so do the bronze, and so do the HM? o.o What would happen then? o.o

I don't think that will be a problem, although I suppose it could happen.

SOMEbody is going to want the special dragon. I know I'd take it, if given the opportunity.

Than nobody gets a prize dragon? xd.png

I hardly doubt that situation would happen though.

"Submit" just means you want to be in the contest. You only have to say that once.

Your tree will be judged based on how it looks at midnight tonight.

Than nobody gets a prize dragon? xd.png

I hardly doubt that situation would happen though.

But can't ONLY 20 people get whatever they want? No matter what? Like what happens if 5 Bronze peeps want HM and then 5 people from HM move to bronze but they want HM? o.o I am still a little confused of what would happen then... But anyways I HOPE I WIN biggrin.gif And I hope TJ will post the top 200! biggrin.gif (Also how many people have entered, or how many so far)

What happens if a winner is scroll locked?

I don't know about you but I would very easily and happly dump a few dragons into the AP to be able to pick up the prize dragon.

I don't know about you but I would very easily and happly dump a few dragons into the AP to be able to pick up the prize dragon.

Same here. Hopefully, though, you could keep all of your eggs and still get the prize egg...

What happens if a winner is scroll locked?

I imagine TJ can circumvent scroll lock if he needs to.

I am ready, willing and able to accept any Prize Dragon or Honorable Mention Prize... Thanks for the fun, TJ... laugh.gif

If you hit the submit button after you have already submitted it just says your tree has already been submitted.

Thanks a lot Rubyshoes smile.gif hugs!!!

i hope my tree does well! <3

i wonder if we'll be able to see our tree's rating during the tree-rating time