TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

If TJ just dumps the egg on your scroll, it should stay. Because the coding (or whatever) only checks if you have room for your egg when you click on it or when you just bred it. (In the future, it might also check before/during teleport.) Afterwards, it doesn't check any more, so if he magically dumps your egg on your scroll, it stays there.

(No, I'm not privy to how the site is run, but I've seen a few things that can only be explained if things work the way I claim.)

Very cool! We're getting closer to it all now! Six and 3/4 hours to go!

And just to move the Preview link forward too, so you know how others will see your tree, http://dragcave.net/treepreview Are you ready? biggrin.gif

Ooh! Thank you soo much! It helped me tweak an ornament that I thought would stand out more. Diorama complete!

Ugh, I have an awesome little picture-made-of-ornaments floating just to the side of my tree, and can't decide whether to keep it or not... It distracts from the main tree, but it's a neat little thing...

Just finished decorating & submitting my tree. This was a lot of fun & I can't wait to start voting & seeing all the other submissions!

Only a few more hours! WOOT! <3

I really can't wait to start voting. I wanna see the trees!

Edited by raistardragon

I used the preview link to look at my tree sans the extras-- I am very satisfied with my results.

I am SO looking forward to seeing other people's trees!

I have enough decorations on mine for 4 trees worth in an ideal world....alas, it is not ideal....(In an ideal world I also would not have missed the first few days of this event!) I'm just hoping the prize dragons will be breedable and others might have a chance at getting some offspring.

I have enough decorations on mine for 4 trees worth in an ideal world....alas, it is not ideal....(In an ideal world I also would not have missed the first few days of this event!) I'm just hoping the prize dragons will be breedable and others might have a chance at getting some offspring.

They are breedable.

I should really try to work on my tree a little more, but the most I can think of is to move the ornaments I already have on there a few pixels lol.

I'm very very happy with my tree happy.gif

I didn't half to work very hard on it (mainly cause I didn't get any glitchs) but still I think it looks great happy.gif now I hope others feel the same way

Voting lick crazy when i wake up tomorrow

Very cool! We're getting closer to it all now! Six and 3/4 hours to go!

And just to move the Preview link forward too, so you know how others will see your tree, http://dragcave.net/treepreview Are you ready? biggrin.gif

Thanks for the preview link...it really helps to see my tree without the distraction of all the unused ornaments biggrin.gif

Winner or not, I'm very pleased with it, so the experience has been a success! Thank you, TJ!

It feels like I've been waiting so long to see everyone's tree's that I'm determined to stay up till midnight so that I can see and rate at least a few of them! smile.gif I can't wait to see them all! This is great, and a lot of fun! I'm really glad that TJ decided to do this for us, it's very exciting to know that we'll actually be able to see each other's designs soon! biggrin.gif

[quoteI am from Germany, so forgive my ignorance...what is this??

user posted image[/Quote]

As I was growing up we had a group of colored ornaments similar to that. Mom always told us the ones like the one Bekka asked about were the containers the three wise men brought and the ones with a siler or gold burst incised on them like the day 3 ornament were the stars that guided the wisemen. I guess earthgirl is the artist and i bet some tree she once had or saw had ornaments on it like the ones I grew up with.

Shoot! I can't tell what some of them are, but what the heck? They are still fun with which to decorate my lovely tree.

It's interesting; most of my favorite ornaments were made by Earthgirl.

As far as people worried about being locked:

TJ is a level 34 reptillian shaman. He can add stuff to your scroll if it is locked.

I'm -fairly- sure I've seen it happen before.

As far as people worried about being locked:

TJ is a level 34 reptillian shaman. He can add stuff to your scroll if it is locked.

I'm -fairly- sure I've seen it happen before.

You mean when the winners/honorable mentions are locked and get an egg?

Your tree is black?? O.o What do you mean exactly? That's a new one. I just looked at mine, and it looks normal!

Oh wow, that is odd! Mine is still green! Although, it actually sounds kind of cool! xd.png

Edit: Maybe you should ask a mod about it...I can't even begin to imagine why the tree would suddenly turn black on you! :/ I wonder if anyone else is seeing that..

Edited by MedievalMystic

I'm kinda worried about the whole having the users vote cause won't most people just vote for people they know. I mean I'm sure nobody here knows me. If it was set up like with 20 random trees per page and you voted on each one without knowing who did it that would be cool. I doubt I will win even if people did know me but just seems more like a popularity contest.

I'm kinda worried about the whole having the users vote cause won't most people just vote for people they know. I mean I'm sure nobody here knows me. If it was set up like with 20 random trees per page and you voted on each one without knowing who did it that would be cool. I doubt I will win even if people did know me but just seems more like a popularity contest.

Its anonymous. They won't know who they're voting for.