sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Or um well.... I guess you could take control of Crusher back till I'm able lol.

Due to some personal problems I may not be as active here or on the forums in general. I'm not sure how long this will last. I may be just not active, very inactive, or perhaps even completely inactive for I don't know how long. I hope this will be fixed soon, but in the meantime expect me not to be online or active very often. I seriously have no idea what is going to happen to me from this point on. As of now I will try my best to post, but please don't expect too much from me.

Sorry guys.

Sorry to hear that Suld. sad.gif I don't want to kick you out but I might have to if you're inactive for a few weeks. If it does happen though you can always rejoin and take back Scipio if you want. Maybe he ran away to look for his sister.

Okay, so which characters are out and which characters are in the cave? I know the hatchlings are inside the cave, but what about the adults?

Well Galletian is technically an adult now and he's inside with Enzy. Artemis also went back inside while Crusher went to find Torque who's still missing. I didn't get too specific about where the hatchlings are except for Irah who's by herself outside. I figured it was up to the muns to decide their character's location.

Or um well.... I guess you could take control of Crusher back till I'm able lol.

I don't think I'm going to RP him anymore unless you want me to.

Submitted two new sheets for Booo to approve whenever she can.

Can you go into a bit more detail about how Symaro manipulates the air? Also, do you mind if I post them here?

*looks at your post* would seem you already have, my plan was to have him and Stoneza meet up and lure EC away and vanish in the process till I can RP again lol.

But if your ok with taking over him again I suppose you can.

Can you go into a bit more detail about how Symaro manipulates the air? Also, do you mind if I post them here?

I don't mind, and he can only manipulate it physically. As in, he can't make it change its content, or temperature, or other such kinds of manipulation.

As in, cause anything in between gusts, to strong jets to use as projectiles.

I'm not really sure how else to clarify. xd.png

Edited by Brotato

Yeah, and you pretty much won't see me for a week because I'll be off the computer for that time, due to a trip. Meeting my sister in HK.

I apologize for leaving for so long without saying anything. I had gotten distracted, and haven't used the site for the past two months. Now that I am back, I can continue to rp, if it's okay.

Welcome back ressamp. smile.gif Not much has happened since you left due to a few other people leaving. There was however a bit of drama I think just after you left. I could give you a recap but I'd probably leave out the important details. sleep.gif

Username: Brotato

Name: Symaro

Type/Breed:  Pillow Dragon

Power: As a pillow dragon, Symaro primarily uses his claws and teeth in order to hunt, or to fight/ However, due to his upbringing, he has had the opportunity to attune to the surrounding air, and manipulate it in several ways. While he uses this skill primarily for the utility it provides in hastening his journeys and making long flights more bearable for his small wings, he can use it offensively, should the situation demand it. His primary focus in combat is do destabilize and possibly knock over his opponent, in order to give himself an opening to either go for the kill, or make an escape. Generally, he tries to avoid confrontations, as he understands the limitations set upon his abilities by his breed.

Personality: Akin to his type, Symaro is quite easygoing. Amiable and optimistic, he's difficult to annoy, let alone anger. However, unlike his kind, he doesn't spend vast amounts of the daytime sleeping, preferring instead to settle for a normal sleep schedule, and spending the rest of his free time in quiet contemplation.

Appearance: Symaro looks like a common pillow dragon, though not quite as fluffy as his nap-loving kind. Due to his comparatively active lifestyle, his fur never really grows out so much as to give him that pillow appearance. Instead, it remains at a manageable length, and covers him as more of a protective layer of fluff, rather than making him look like a puff-ball. His eyes are a clear iridescent green, and he bares a scar running down the right side of his face, from the forehead down to the lower lip.

Age/Stage: Adult - 99 years old.

History: Hatched and raised safely within a large clan of dragons of all shapes, colors and sizes, Symaro's childhood was an uneventful one. He'd spend his days with his two sisters, either frolicking and play-fighting, or just napping. It wasn't until he'd reached mature hatchling status, and was capable of flight, did his life truly begin. As was demanded by the leaders of his clan, he was to receive instruction in self-defense, and learn a useful skill of his choosing. After much much mentoring, he excelled only in manipulating the air around himself, so he was assigned to be tutored by one of the skywings within the clan.

Unfortunately, this is where Symaro ends his tales of his past, and usually avoids the question of why it is he is no longer with his clan. He simply drops the line and claims he's been wandering and exploring ever since whatever happened, happened. Whatever his reasons, he'll seldom let anyone know.

Extra: Nothing in particular. Was I supposed to add a ninja or something?

Username: Brotato

Name: Shakti

Type/Breed: Pygmy Dragon

Power: Shakti possesses some minor mysticism-based healing abilities, but stands out with her unmatched knowledge of herbalism. The pygmy dragon can identify and list the properties of nearly any herb or plant she is asked about, and given the right tools, she can prepare an equally impressive variety of broths, brews, teas and other beverages with varying properties and effects on those who consume them. Naturally, she can use her knowledge not only to heal, but harm. Her claws are almost constantly laced with various kinds of poisons, making cuts or scratches from her dangerous, if not lethal. Knowing this, she makes sure to keep her talons nice and sharp.

Personality: Timid and jittery, the pygmy is still haunted by the experience of having her wing crippled. It would be very difficult for most to earn her trust, as she only invests it in those whom either Symaro has taken a significant liking to, or those whom have proven they are deserving of it. Despite her fearful nature, Shakti is quite curious deep down, and tends to ask a lot of questions. Understandably, she's very reluctant to talk about her injury, and pressing her for it is the quickest way to get on her bad side.

Appearance: She looks like your typical pygmy dragon, roughly the size of a cat, with only two distinct characteristics to make her stand out: Her dark green talons, caked in various herbal residue, and her missing left wing. Her eyes are a murky grey color.

Age/Stage: 67

History: Shakti's history is complicated, as she seems to change her story every time she re-tells it. Her varying claims usually revolve around a supposed family she lost in a violent storm, but given her inconsistency, one could wonder if even that part is accurate. Much like her best friend, she refuses to speak too much of her past.

Extra: Due to her permanently crippled wing, she relies on Symaro, or others to carry her in the air should she need to fly. Thankfully her small size makes this an easy task. She's almost always found somewhere on Symaro's head or neck, and often makes the pillow dragon's ear her nightly resting place. She is indeed small enough to hide among his fur.

user posted image

Welcome back ressamp. smile.gif Not much has happened since you left due to a few other people leaving. There was however a bit of drama I think just after you left. I could give you a recap but I'd probably leave out the important details. sleep.gif

Thanks, I have reread the last few pages, so I don't need a recap. The time skip should make it easier to continue.

Damn, I was waiting for more people to post. Doesn't look like it. sad.gif

Sorry, just did.

So do hatchlings just grow their wings overnight? Oh wait, I just realized some edits that I need to make.

OMG you guys are so good, I'll be writing tonight.

I remember someone mentioned in the RP that it can take anywhere from a week to a few months for one's wings to grow completely.

Sorry....family emergency. Postponing till tomarrow.

Sorry....family emergency. Postponing till tomarrow.

I hope everything will be okay. sad.gif

A family member got really sick but I think everything's going to be ok. *Phew*

Thanks for waiting. happy.gif

Apologies for my delayed response, and any possible delayed responses in the future.

My area is experiencing one hell of a heat wave, it's like a bloody furnace outside, we're talking about 40 Celsius in the shade, which is very unusual for my region. As such, I have never invested in an AC unit, so I have to deal with it the old fashioned way: lots of cold drinks, as little activity as possible, frequent cold showers, frequent trips to the public pool and ofcourse, lots and lots of cat naps. Thankfully my work schedule was flexible enough to accommodate my heat-beat routine, but that leaves me with spending most of my free time trying not to spontaneously combust.

Writing a post now.

Anyone wanna start a sub-plot of some sort?

Edited by Brotato

Ouch, yeah its been warmer then normal over here too. But it happens every number of years here. Dunno about your area though.

Had one sub plot idea

A magic powered super storm. Takes a few days to collect but someone somewhere is intent on using the elements to create a storm that starts and does not seem to end. Unnatural amounts of rain pour down causing flooding. Lightning strikes light portions of the forests on fire. Winds blow making flight in some area's a death sentence. Hail the size of bowling balls in other areas. As if the forces that control the weather have been corrupted or taken over.

The source is not at the focal point contrary to popular beleife. The one using a magical item, most likely a artifact could have accidently triggered it, or wanted to, or its in its own cycle who knows. EC could be the source as to why its happening or someone else. If some one else and my head makes enough healing progress EC may ally with the good guys to stop the weather.

the sub plot would seemingly slowly happen, the days get more and more cloudy, comments on the weather start to happen. Then bang lightning is flashing and torrents of rain are falling. At first it would appear to be a really bad storm, but as the dragons and hatchlings would learn, the storm is not weakening nor does it feel normal. Like something is keeping it fueled.

One idea I had pop into my head.

Ouch, yeah its been warmer then normal over here too. But it happens every number of years here. Dunno about your area though.

Had one sub plot idea

A magic powered super storm. Takes a few days to collect but someone somewhere is intent on using the elements to create a storm that starts and does not seem to end. Unnatural amounts of rain pour down causing flooding. Lightning strikes light portions of the forests on fire. Winds blow making flight in some area's a death sentence. Hail the size of bowling balls in other areas. As if the forces that control the weather have been corrupted or taken over.

The source is not at the focal point contrary to popular beleife. The one using a magical item, most likely a artifact could have accidently triggered it, or wanted to, or its in its own cycle who knows. EC could be the source as to why its happening or someone else. If some one else and my head makes enough healing progress EC may ally with the good guys to stop the weather.

the sub plot would seemingly slowly happen, the days get more and more cloudy, comments on the weather start to happen. Then bang lightning is flashing and torrents of rain are falling. At first it would appear to be a really bad storm, but as the dragons and hatchlings would learn, the storm is not weakening nor does it feel normal. Like something is keeping it fueled.

One idea I had pop into my head.

Sounds good to me.

I was about to say, seems like when I post the RP goes silent at times, only in ooc or not