sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

I am cool c:

Lately I have had a lot of energy, so I should channel some on this! I can have Seldash pop out of the dust like 'HEEEEY GUYS I ARRIVED TO THE PARTY' and Tulvir can run screaming xd.png

Well I'd like either Torque or Enzy to respond to Quorran and Seldash to make his entry. As for Evil Crusher, hes done quite a bit of damage already. tongue.gif The way Brotato described it actually sounded a little too destructive IMO. I mean.....you'd think a world with fire-breathing dragons would be a little more fire-proof than that.

Would you like Good Crusher back, LLD?

Edited by Booo

Tulvir can run screaming xd.png

And then Scipio be like 'Oh no too many peeps the awkward'

Edited by SULDhasno

Well I'd like either Torque or Enzy to respond to Quorran and Seldash to make his entry. As for Evil Crusher, hes done quite a bit of damage already. tongue.gif The way Brotato described it actually sounded a little too destructive IMO. I mean.....you'd think a world with fire-breathing dragons would be a little more fire-proof than that.

Would you like Good Crusher back, LLD?

How he got his powers, what he's done in the past, for the most part it was suppost to be a temporary plot thing. but the community back then voted he kept his new power and well.... its interesting to keep him leashed. He's got the power to litterly upturn the whole area, but that would be no fun for anyone else.

And I suppose once I'm cleared for normal usage of my brain lol

Oh I know. I was referring to the fire but I guess that was Zeditha's fault.

Time for a ROLL CALL! Who's still busy or inactive?

Oh, yeah Evil Crusher can't light things on fire him self. If it happens normally is a side effect.

And I'm still here, not able to post well but alive I suppose.

I'm here but I can't seem to get anything done....

I also feel kinda sick and stressed with all the stuff my family's been doing since around January... But it's over now.

Edited by MyaMouse

I should get back into the grove once I get a few sheets for other rps done

After much deliberation over my state here in Hatchlings, I've come to the difficult decision of resigning from the RP. I feel very uncomfortable with my character progression and see it that I am holding everyone back with my lack of ideas for plot advancement. I've had a lot of fun RPing with you guys, you're truly a great community, but in between my browser giving me the middle finger red screen of doom whenever I visit the thread, or my mind going blank when I re-examine the latest posts, I just don't feel it any more.

My characters are up for grabs, I'm sorry for causing the delays that I caused. sad.gif

I might return some day when I am not encumbered by university and work duties, but definitely not with the same characters.

Yours truly.

Edited by Brotato

After much deliberation over my state here in Hatchlings, I've come to the difficult decision of resigning from the RP. I feel very uncomfortable with my character progression and see it that I am holding everyone back with my lack of ideas for plot advancement. I've had a lot of fun RPing with you guys, you're truly a great community, but in between my browser giving me the middle finger red screen of doom whenever I visit the thread, or my mind going blank when I re-examine the latest posts, I just don't feel it any more.

My characters are up for grabs, I'm sorry for causing the delays that I caused. sad.gif

I might return some day when I am not encumbered by university and work duties, but definitely not with the same characters.

Yours truly.

*sighs*

Whatever

I

Yeah

Whatever.

I'm probably going to post sometime today since I'm forcing myself to do stuff right now. I might steal Torque for the time being just for this situation but I'll never be able to play him like Tato could.

ayyy it's Brotato.....aw hell....

user posted image

I already have enough characters so I won't be claiming either (although I might consider RPing Zeditha once I hand over Good Crusher to his original Mun). I think it might be wise to keep Zeditha and kill Torque unless both are wanted. It might also work the other way around.

Thoughts?

Considered asking if Zed could take back her character when I remembered that she's being annoying and giving up roleplaying here because she can't take critique

What

I said nothing

Not sure if killing off Torque would be in my best interests but I'm not taking him permanently. If no one wants him and that's our only option then...

Edited by MyaMouse

Em...

Can I get the sheets for Torque if possible? I might be willing to grab him, but I have no idea what he's like so

yeah

Maybe I can take Zeditha in? I'm in a completely different timezone so you can't really see me actively when you guys are online and I got some time in my hands so

again I need the sheets

Much cry for the potato I have befriended (I hope)

Edit: Why does the internet give you the middle finger when you visit Dragon cave?

Edited by SULDhasno

Username: Brotato

Name: Torque

Type/Breed: Whiptail

Powers: In combat, he employs little to no strategy, preferring to quickly rush into his opponents, using a variety of cheap tricks and strikes to blind or confuse them, before finishing them off with a barrage of cuts and bites, typical combat strategy for most whiptails. In addition, Torque has managed to manipulate his own body's natural processes. This has granted him access to three particular traits and abilities, most commonly found in whiptails, but not very often so. Torque is familiar with them, how he procured them, how they function and has even given them names.

Regeneration: A steady diet of herbs and fresh animal blood have been paying off for the whiptail, granting his already naturally accelerated metabolism an extra boost. Torque's natural selfhealing keeps him on his feet through thick and thin, making sure that what damage he sustains with his frail lightweight bone structure doesn't sit for any longer then an hour for even the worst of injuries. This state needs constant maintenance, as his body must function like a lean mean well oiled biological machine, for Regeneration to be in effect. Unfortunately, it's limit comes at short fatal encounters, where he simply doesn't have the hour or so needed to mend up on his own. For that, he has painstakingly developed his one last ditch effort:

Metabolic Snap: The name he'd given his second wind when things go really badly for him. When Metabolic Snap is triggered, Torque's entire body goes into double overdrive, sacrificing stability and risking permanent injury in exchange for a temporary boost in speed, agility and strength. During Snap's effect, Torque loses the majority of his senses, leaving him with only sight and hearing, but preventing him from experiencing any pain or fatigue. Broken limbs are temporarily snapped in place and held by a full contraction of the muscles in the affected area, allowing him to sprint and attack, even with fractured or outright shattered bones. In addition to which, Regeneration's effect is kicked into overdrive as well, allowing him to naturally close up cuts and gashes within minutes, even while on the move. Snap wears off when he is drained, or his heart or brain can no longer bare the strain. Once out of it, he is left weak and barely conscious for a while, during which time his body struggles to recover. Knowing this, he's resorted to a bit of sorcery to empower his recovery rates with his last iconic ability:

Siphoning: At one with his own physical state, he has employed the use of minor mysticism to latch onto the very essence of life itself, contained within those that carry it. The living, be that plants, insects, small rodents, and even other dragons. While he cannot rip the vitality out of anything bigger then a doe, he can siphon it from wherever it exists, then employ it as a means to accelerate his Regeneration. Siphoning requires concentration, meaning that in a fight, he'd be hard pressed to use it while being knocked around. Lastly, Siphoning often has unforeseen psychological aftereffects on him, ranging between small things like vertigo and headaches, to rapid mood swings, hallucinations, blackouts and recurring nightmares.

Personality: Sociable, adventurous and easily entertained, Torque's brutish name speaks against his nature. He can snap on odd occasion, but it generally takes a lot to anger him. He's quite mischievous, fond of trickery and quite disobedient, Torque forges his own path through his problems, preferring to drag others along with himself, then listen to an authority figure. In this sense, he tends to be rash and reckless, often preferring the quick and dangerous solution to problems over the safer but slower alternatives. He is generally an optimist, hard to falter and with a solid resolve. However, when something gets him down, it drags him to extremes. Lastly, he is not only fast on his feet, but in his head. Torque can perceive even the smallest of details and has a reaction time fast enough to rival any other whiptail's, and then some. Although he thinks fast, that doesn't at all mean he's any wiser then your average dragon, however.

Appearance: There are no particular distinctive features that set him apart from the average whiptail. His eyes have bright yellow vertically dilated irises. He never carries around any gear or equipment or clothing, and usually keeps himself clean and tidy.

Age/Stage: 54 (Adult)

History: Torque's original name was Torkash Vas Brotaten. He was part of a nomadic tribe of Whiptails that were perpetually on the move. All in all, his childhood was a happy and uneventful one, if a bit lonely. His tribe was under a lot of pressure due to lack of good feeding grounds, and as a result, he was the only child among the several families that the tribe consisted of. While that certainly meant he was raised attentively and given way more then he would have were he part of a normal clutch, but that definitely didn't mean he was spoiled. Quite the contrary, his tribe pushed him harder then they'd done to any of their previous offspring, each expecting him to be good at something different, and he had no choice but to obey, and train. He did become exemplary, indeed. Perhaps not the greatest whiptail of his tribe, but good enough to silence his elders, at least. Thoughts of leaving the tribe didn't come along until he was barely an adult, and kept intensifying as his life got more and more... dull. His elders kept the entire tribe moving constantly, and yet Torque felt like, despite having run thousands of miles, he'd never really seen any of it. Every morning noon and evening it was the same old routine again and again, and by the time the tribe was finally due to have their next successful clutch of offspring, he knew it would be the moment he'd been waiting for. His time with them was over, after all, at least that's how he felt. The elders had a new generation to prod and nag now, and he only felt bad for deserting his parents. Still, he didn't breathe a word, told them nothing, not wanting to argue about it, because he knew he just couldn't go on like he did. One early morning, he simply slipped away from the group, before they awoke, took a branch, and skipped away, making sure to wipe his tracks away with the branch as he went along.

Sure enough, he was never found, and didn't know if he was ever even missed, but that was all behind him now. A whole world awaited, and he wanted to grab it by the horns and take it for a ride.

Extra: Just his shortcomings. I already mentioned that Torque has lightweight and fragile bones, but where I come from, we had a tradition to note at least 2 decent weaknesses and one notable shortcoming. So in addition to having easily breakable bones, he's also really bad with frost and ice, as cooling down too much tends to work against him a lot more then it would against your average dragon. Lastly, he's not the sharpest knife in the set. His short attention span pretty much makes him incapable of devoting himself to seriously studying anything magic-related, let alone old languages or enchanting techniques or other such brain-heavy things.

I dug around and found it.

Again, so sorry everyone.

I just feel like I'm getting in the way right now.

I don't really care what happens to Torque.

And I couldn't find Zeditha's Sheet.

I think I know where Zeditha's might be if anyones interested.

I'm still recovering from the head injury, taking a lot longer then I expected (I'm used to a few weeks tops for being sick/injured) and with the heat its not getting any faster. But I'll attempt to post this evening or tomorrow once I get a baring on whats going on again.

Haven't stopped lurking though. Still kicking.

Edited by little lost dragon

That's fine, everyone's taking a break. tongue.gif But seeing Mouse's sig has me concerned that the RP might be going under...

Sorry for being so absent; I've been lurking but really busy. I know that's a lame excuse.

And Brotato, it was fun RP'ing with you. I don't think I'll be able to take on any other characters though.

In about 2 weeks my workload will even out and I'll be able to post more again. smile.gif

Since no one's posting I forgot about this RP. >< I'll see what I can post tomarrow even though I'd prefer if someone else went first.

I don't think I can take Bro's characters, since I might have to make a second one due to characterness

*Peeks in*

Um. Sorry that I've been gone for so long? happy.gif

And, we lost two role players?

*Peeks in*

Um. Sorry that I've been gone for so long? happy.gif

And, we lost two role players?

Yeeee, people return

Zed abandoned us without warning (though I got an answer out of her) and Tato had the decencey to formally resign. Now we need to find Mouse, she hasn't been on in a while

Her sig says that she isn't really into roping anymore so I would assume she either is still in but perhaps a little- slow on the replies or she quit.

Actually, shouldn't Zeditha just PM Narvix about her Souless thing? I don't know much about it but I'm guessing maybe she isn't being very active, so I'm sure talking it out to Narvix will make her understand.

Edited by SULDhasno

DREEEEEEEEAM!

I don't think I can take Bro's characters, since I might have to make a second one due to characterness

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean here. You want to make a new character?