sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Almost done (I think) but feel free to start if you don't want to wait.

I have an idea for a new character. Mind if I post them here soon?

Sure but you're not posting with your current ones. Are you stuck? I was hoping to finish with Irah then post the time skip later today.

Just a reminder peeps: Once this gets going again it would be nice if you could post at least once every 3 days. If you can't keep up for whatever reason then please let us know otherwise we'll assume you're inactive.

Sure but you're not posting with your current ones. Are you stuck? I was hoping to finish with Irah then post the time skip later today.

Just a reminder peeps: Once this gets going again it would be nice if you could post at least once every 3 days. If you can't keep up for whatever reason then please let us know otherwise we'll assume you're inactive.

Yeah, I'll post. Though I gotta get my homework finished first.

Finally skipped, thanks for your patience. Apologies if it sounds too short or too lengthy in some places, I was obviously in a rush at the last minute. tongue.gif You're all free to crit and let me know if something dosn't make sense. Edited by Booo

Finally skipped, thanks for your patience. Apologies if it sounds too short or too lengthy in some places, I was obviously in a rush at the last minute. tongue.gif You're all free to crit and let me know if something dosn't make sense.

user posted image

Who's the person/dragon who Artmis spotted? Is it my future one? I'll get on the sheet as soon as homework is done and I make an overdue post for another thing.

Alsooo a thing!

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Name: Supirichuaru, meaning spiritual. Often called "Seishin" or spirit, for simplicity.

Type/Breed: Shimmer-scale

Power: Seishin specializes in power in relation to spirits and souls. When he wishes to use a power, say, shoot a small flame, he uses his staff and calls upon the spirits he worships to bless him with temporary power. As he must call upon these spirits for power, the spirits decide whether or not he should be granted the power for the time being. They make these desicions based on the situation, and his age/maturity level, and whether or not the situation is ultimately desperate. If it's a huge power, they're likely to say no. However, if it is small, such as healing a scratch, they'll probably grant the power.

With his beliefs, he holds great knowledge on the spirits, and other "voodoo" topics.

Personality:

He is used to social activity and teamwork, living in a group himself before. As such, he is generally open and friendly, feeling like a friendship with other dragons will please the spirits. He is not one you would consider impulsive and violent, and his teachings have made him rather knowledgeable. He tends to give advice, and while it sometimes doesn't make sense, he thinks it'll work.

He likes being helpful, and likes pleasing others. He is willing to do many things for who leads him; the downside to that is, if somebody with dark intents gets him on their side, he'll do anything for them.

Appearance: Instead of being one of the three normal color variants, he is a deep blue, almost purple. His back fur is white, royalblue and white. A couple of red feathers are tied to his tail, and he wears a Gold braclet on his front right foot. He wears a Shimmerscale skull on his head.

Age/Stage: Mature hatchling, between just matured and adult

History: As said in his personality, he once lived in a clan before. His clan worshipped and lived by the ways of the spirits, and he was raised to do so. Every hatchling was raised and tested in their knowledge, in hopes of them growing up to be one of them. Exiles did happen, but they were few and rare. It only happened once when Seishin was a wee hatchling, so he grew up knowing only the threat of exile, and whispers and rumors on how it actually happened.

After the Aging ceremony, where the matured hatchlings received their staffs and spirits, their celebration was interrupted by a horrifying scream. One of theirs was dead, with their voice box torn out of their throat.

The killer revealed himself to be the bone-platted Vampire, the one who haunted and still haunts many dreams. Most of the clan met their fate that day as the vamp crushed eggs, ate hatchlings, and murdered adults. Few escaped that day, some of them taking the few surviving eggs with them. Seishin was one of those, staff in one paw(?) and the egg cradled in another.

Extra:

-His staff is a deep mahogany stick with some cloth and feathers wrapped around it. An orb rests on top, swirling with the blue (fun fact: the blue is the same color as his scales)

-The egg his carries is a Shimmerscale egg, and it's a shiny orange. Hmmm....

-Would anybody mind playing the hatchling in the egg when it hatches?

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

I think Seldash and Irah are the most likely candidates. There's also Sky but her first impression of him wasn't great... and of course Artemis.

Who's the person/dragon who Artmis spotted? Is it my future one? I'll get on the sheet as soon as homework is done and I make an overdue post for another thing.

Nope it's Zeditha, you'll see why. wink.gif At a quick glance I don't see anything wrong with Seishin but I'd rather wait a bit and give others a chance to join before approving him.

More players > A ton of characters who people lose track of and abandon

Just trying to even things out this time.

Aye, I understand. I'll wait a bit. I'm patient, I can wait things out unless it's real life lel

Soooo anyone else gonna post? Also waiting for Ælex to join.

Apologies. I've been neck deep in new problems concerning my family.

I regret to inform you that Brotato is no longer going to be joining us.

I need another day or two to get my head on straight, then I'll get back to you.

I would also like to urge the others to rekindle the RP.

Apologies. I've been neck deep in new problems concerning my family.

I regret to inform you that Brotato is no longer going to be joining us.

I need another day or two to get my head on straight, then I'll get back to you.

I would also like to urge the others to rekindle the RP.

Oh, man.

Oh, man.

I'm... I feel so bad for you

I'm so sorry

Take care Ælex, and don't feel pressured to join if you change your mind.

Hm...guess I didn't follow up when I was suppose to. ^^' Let's try again, shall we? Not sure where Ressamp is though.

Hm...guess I didn't follow up when I was suppose to. ^^' Let's try again, shall we? Not sure where Ressamp is though.

aagh I haven't been doing my sheet please forgive me

Is it alright if I don't do a personality? 'Cause you know how all my personalities get botched if they aren't a stereotype that I identify myself with so I'd rather just make it as I go along

I understand, but couldn't you make their personality similar to your own? I mean maybe but there have been cases where people made up really weird crap about their character on the spot and it's usually frowned upon. (btw I'm not saying you will but it's easier to follow along when your chars personality is known)

And no rush, the RP clearly isn't going anywhere. X) *sigh*

Edited by Booo

Writing sheets now. Let's get this RP moving.

Thank you for the kind words, but consider the brother drama shelved.

I've made my peace and kindly request to not be reminded of it.

Edited by Ælex

I understand, but couldn't you make their personality similar to your own? I mean maybe but there have been cases where people made up really weird crap about their character on the spot and it's usually frowned upon. (btw I'm not saying you will but it's easier to follow along when your chars personality is known)

And no rush, the RP clearly isn't going anywhere. X) *sigh*

I could tryyy, but still, it's hard 'cause I'm kind of the weirdest teenager ever.

Username: Ælex

Name: Octavius (Otto for short.)

Breed: Brute

Power: Otto has no discernible magic powers, and lacks the mental capacity to learn to use any such abilities. He considers spellcasting a "cowardly" way of fighting and problem-solving. His double-layered hide is composed of thick scales with sharp tips, for the purpose of providing protection against both physical attacks and the elements. The rest of his arsenal is suited for fighting the only way he really knows how, by brutally pummeling his opponent into submission, or the afterlife.

Personality: Otto is very very very, very thick. He has the mental capacity of a dragon half his age, and the naivete to boot. Due to his rather violent past, he has grown skeptical and untrusting to offset his easily swayed loyalties. Despite being one of the most bully-like species of dragon, he disregards the fortune of others, and prefers to take only when need be, rather than recklessly pillage and loot like his greedy kin. Even so, he is not fond of sharing pretty much anything, and will defend his property the only way he knows how; with violence. As one might guess, Otto is not the one to have an intelligent conversation with, as he primarily responds to his own current needs, rather than any sort of grand plans for the future. The only things that can really motivate him to strive for something are the fulfillment of the most basic of his necessities.

Appearance: As is with the vast majority of brute dragons, his talons are large and intimidating, caked in the blood of past prey and victims. Upon his head rest two curved horns attached to his thick skull, designed for battering hard surfaces without injuring what little brains he has beneath them. His maw is filled with sharp serrated teeth to match the rest of his threatening apparel. Though his scaly armor-like hide seems resilient, signs of wear such as missing scales and subtle scars can be seen by the most perceptive of onlookers.

Stage: Adult

History: Otto was born to a low-class family of brute dragons on the outskirts of a large and fertile territory, where life was abundant. Many species of dragons resided there and enjoyed a somewhat peaceful lifestyle, as there was plenty to eat and drink, and more than enough territory for the comfort of all. As is with all good and balanced things, there is always a force set out to upset them. That force was nothing else than the families of brute dragons, hungry for war and thirsty for blood. Otto's family was one of those parasitic groupings, who made their living by stealing the resources of others, taking over their drinking areas and raiding their food supplies, all the while enjoying their resistance as entertainment. Even at a very young age, Otto and the rest of his siblings were sent into the field of battle, to be taught again and again to embrace the sweet cries of mercy of their victims as gratification for a successful day. As one would expect, many of the brute hatchlings met their end in the ensuing horror. Be that by skill, or just plain dumb luck, Otto was one of those survivors. By the end of the farce, the plot of fertile land had been plundered entirely, and Otto had reached maturity. The brutes had conquered the land and used up a vast majority of it's resources. With very little left, they inevitably started turning on each other...

It is unclear what happened past that point in Otto's story, as he refuses to speak of it. The most persistent of dragons may learn that he had taken part in that final battle for the last of the ruined land by prying it out of Otto before provoking his temper, but only the most persuasive would know the reason behind his reluctance to share the rest. Perhaps the reason for his relatively mellow personality, at least as far as brutes go, is indeed concealed somewhere in there.

Extra: Rough Draft. What do you think?

I don't see anything that needs changing so...

user posted image

I'll post tomorrow so we can get this train going again.

Updates:

• Octavius added to current characters, welcome Ælex!
  • Small reminder added under Rules
  • New ad posted on the RP Bulletin Board
:3 Edited by Booo

I can post as Seldash and Tulvir, but I have a smol idea for Seishins' intro post (if he ever approves) that I could work off of

Hm...looks like we don't have any new players coming in. That's a surprise. Last time we had open spots, people filled in for a chance; and even before spots opened : P

Updates:
  • Octavius added to current characters, welcome Ælex!
  • Small reminder added under Rules
  • New ad posted on the RP Bulletin Board
:3

Thank you Booo, I'll wait for a window to jump in, rather than just drop in and interrupt you guys.

I remember that happening to me once, it was quite annoying.