jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

Well I've been to the emergency room 6 times.. But the worst times that I remember are:

1. My dumb gerbil bit me and it got infected.. Huge scar on my right ring finger now.

2. I was sitting on a railing outside, swinging my feet (when i was say, 5). I somehow managed to flip myself over forwards and hit my mouth on the concrete below. This happened at a daycare, so you should've seen my mom's face when she saw me holding a bloody rag (that used to have ice in it) on my mouth. Only had to get two stitches, but the doctors weren't very nice about it, and I have bad memories about the whole experience. >.>

lol i only broke my big tow by kicking bike cuz i was mad tongue.gif i skipped 1 week of school lol

Had appendicitis last September. Bad experience.

Went to the hospital at 4:30 AM and the doctors completely blew me off, said it was the flu, and told me to go home.

Oh god I was so angry after that, when I found out how sick I actually was. :c The second hospital wasn't much better: they had me wait 2 1/2 hours without meds, after I'd already been in terrible pain for about 14 hours.

They asked me the same set of questions 4 times. They wanted to wait another uh, six hours, but finally decided surgery was probably a good idea, and did it immediately.

That was after I'd been diagnosed by random doctor, at the doctor's office, that told us to go to the emergency room immediately.

It was bad, too, it was gangrenous and leaking and... hiding behind other organs. Yup.

I am still sour about the whole thing. And we still had to pay for the visit to the first hospital.

Ohhhh, that's horrible. That reminds me of what happened to one of my friends a few years ago. Strangely it was at the same place I dislocated my shoulder. Anyway, he came back to the campsite limping and crying out saying that he fell off his motorbike and he hurt his leg. He was transported to the local hospital that told him that he had sprained his leg or something and that he would be fine. So he stayed at the campsite until night (he was still screaming out in pain the whole time) until someone drove him to a different hospital, which found that he fractured his leg in twelve places.

Ohhhh, that's horrible. That reminds me of what happened to one of my friends a few years ago. Strangely it was at the same place I dislocated my shoulder. Anyway, he came back to the campsite limping and crying out saying that he fell off his motorbike and he hurt his leg. He was transported to the local hospital that told him that he had sprained his leg or something and that he would be fine. So he stayed at the campsite until night (he was still screaming out in pain the whole time) until someone drove him to a different hospital, which found that he fractured his leg in twelve places.

Woah! That happened to me but only in 14 places xd.png, I was doing the high jump in track and landed really weird. My mom came and picked me and said it was a "pulled muscle", then my dad looked at it and took me to the hospital. The doctor said I was fine and just put a cast on my leg. So now, I don't have ANY felling in my arms, legs, fingers, and head. I don't get why though....

Currently, my worst injury was a hairline fracture on my right wrist. I had to wear a brace for like a month. But, if you wanna count my gallbladder surgery as an injury, I'm officially missing an organ! And have gnarley scars on my tummy.

The experience was horrible though.

I had been having serious stomach pains, like someone was stabbing me in the stomach, off and on at night for about 2 years. I always managed to toughen it out and in an hour or so it would pass. So I would just try to relax and managed to get through. Well, about 6 months before my surgery, I had a baaaddd night. I was feeling sickly, and all of a sudden an intense pain toppled me over in pain on the bathroom floor. It lasted maybe 5 minutes and it had me bawling and screaming the whole time. Once it passed, I was fine, then about half an hour later, it happened again! So I went to the doctor..again..and they said it was nothing and sent me home. Well, I went to see another doctor, and she gave me these medicines that didn't help, and she finally decided that it might be my gallbladder. I went for an ultrasound and wouldn't you know it, I had a gallbladder PACKED with gallstones. The ultrasound tech, said she'd never seen a gallbladder that full of stones in her life. I had the gallbladder of an 90 year old woman! So, a week later I went in for surgery, 2 weeks before Christmas, and I'm all better!

Edited by taila

What I forgot to say was I landed on the back of my neck and had a 15 minute concussion.

Also when I was 3 my house caught on fire and I was stuck inside and got 3rd Degree Burns. HTat must be why I don't have feeling in my arms, legs, fingers, and head...

Edited by orange

Hrm...

Physical injury...nothing comes to mind immediately.

I have a teeny scar on my forehead from when my brother dropped a toy horse on my head, and where he hit me with a belt on my head in the same place.

i used to have a scar where i cut myself under the eye in the pool on a pole-thingy. and i have a scar in between my toes from my brother dropping a scooter on it (>.< why does he hurt me so much?)

I also sprained my toe, the closest thing I've ever had to a broken bone.

I always seem to injure my left ankle by tripping, falling, or slipping...and i have an issue with running into things >.>

In 2nd grade I was jumping on the trampoline with some friends and my brother. He thought it'd be hilarious to superbounce me as I was trying to get off of the trampoline and I flew forward with my feet on the stool to get up and my elbow landed on a tree root that was sticking up out of the ground. That darn tree root shattered my elbow. The worst part of the whole thing was that it happened on the last day of school for the year. I was so upset about it. sad.gif

I've had a lot of small injuries, nothing too serious though

The worst one was a few years ago, I was on a scooter and I crashed. I fell just so and only my right arm was able to stop the fall. I ended up braking it, my dad looked at it and insisted that it was only a sprain. After a few days it stopped hurting so I forgot about it. Then a few weeks later i fell while skating around the house in socks (of course), and I re-broke it. I went to the doctor a few days later for something else and ended up getting an ex-ray. I only had to wear a cast for two weeks though. Also, don't try to pass a coin through a cast, it will get stuck there and eat a hole in your skin.

My worst injuryn ever, was probably when I was in about... 4th grade.

We all went outside during school for P.E. and I rember we played this game called 'Steal The Chicken.' I loved that game, until my injury. During the game, I tried to grab the rubber chicken from some kid, but he flipped around and my finger smashed against him. It hurt my finger so bad, that it turned purple! I had to go to the nurse's office and get it checked. When the swelling went down, I saw my finger was BENT. It wasn't broken; it was just bent. I was really angry! My injury is still with me, because my finger is still bent. It will never be straight again. mad.gif

hmmmm. . . that's a toughie. Probably when I tore my ACL and got a concussion on the same day.

it would either be getting my achilles tendon cut on a broken piece of glass pipe

or having my bicycle handle bar impaling my tummy when I was 12

the achilles tendon thing hurt worse just because of where it was but the bike accident was a more serious injury...... I got stitches, with the achilles one, I just let it turn into an awesome scar, it didnt stop bleeding for a while though, it kinda scared me lol

When I was younger, I was running in Chuck E Cheese and ran into some 3 year old. I got my chin glued back together.

I also got my middle and ring right fingers shut in the car door when I when to get lunch from McDonalds when I was like 7. They where in a splint for three weeks. (I don't think we even went back to get ice cream sad.gif )

Also I was making myself pancakes for lunch and when I flipped the pancake, the oil I put in the pan splashed and burned my arm. After that I used butter. But I did use too much oil.

Probably the time I tore my ACL in a downhill ski race. That really sucked and required surgery.

Although I did break 4 bones in my hand when I was 8 and that was pretty bad too.

I'm kind of injury prone...

AHHH! I just accidently cut my wrist with a knife while trying to cut some watermellon. D: It hurts... My mom freaked out when I told her and she immediantly put a huge band-aid on the wound. :\ I hope the pain goes away soon. dry.gif This is now officially the worst wound ever for me.

When my head cracked. (Badly cracked) Healed, though, they took me straight to the hospital.

Some of these stores remind me of what happened to my brother when he was little. We had a friend who we called Danny in Wisconson where we used to live and our parents were best friends. Our parents decided to take us to McDonalds to get something to eat and when we got there my brother and Danny started messing around like boys do. They started running around the car trying to chase each other and my mom didn't see them come around the car. She opened the door of the car to get me out and my brother got his face smashed on the car door and had to have 12 or 14 stitches in his head because of it. It taught him not to act like a fool in the parking lot of a building. xd.png

Once I was walking along the road, balancing on the curb, slipped and gashed my knee open. Nothing terrible, no stitches or anything necessary. I consider myself lucky that this is the worst.

I'm luck by ways of injury's . Except for my head. It like getting hit with stuff. Like balls in gym. And the trunk of the car. And, repeatedly, one of my parents friends heads, although that was my fault for purposefully head-butting her as a greeting biggrin.gif. Didn't hurt much though. Recently, last yearish, I hit the back of my head on a tree trunk while sledding. We were using it for a jump for sleds. Then I went over it and my head snapped back really quickly and hit it really hard on the trunk.

However, my lack of injury is made up for in the health problems and allergies department dry.gif.

Well... I don't know. I haven't had that many bad injuries.

I have trying to hurry down some slippery concrete steps, slipped, and hit my head. You know when you die in shooting games? And it gets darker and blurryish? That's how my vision was. I didn't bleed or anything, just got a few scrapes and bruises. And it hurt. A lot. I cried for about an hour >_<

That was... About 2 years ago I think.

I don't really remember any other bad thing happening to me. I've got a lot of bruises, but most of them were me bumping into things.

Well my Hep. B is about to kill me in 3-4 months unless i get a liver transplant. Hows that for a injury?