jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

Well my Hep. B is about to kill me in 3-4 months unless i get a liver transplant. Hows that for a injury?

Is that the only option...?

I was running down a hill when I fell and broke three fingers in my hand and gashed something close to half the skin(at the time it felt like that) off of both hands. Then I got up, went with my friends(who didn't think to take me to a hospital or even give me ice) to feed their aunts dog, and then back to my friends house where I finally got ice and a migraine. I drove myself home at 3am, woke up at 8am(I had work at 10am) and went to my EMT dad, who promptly told me to drive myself to the hospital and call out of work because my hand was broken. Yes, my hand was injured, but I definitely felt it more on my spirit. LESSON: IF YOU THINK YOU BROKE YOUR HAND, YOU DID, GO TO THE HOSPITAL. >.<

Well, for me, it's a tie between when I was wearing a shorts on a motorcycle and fell over, giving me third degree burns up along my leg, or when I feel out of a car going between 60 and 70, and broke my collarbone and got a concussion. Luckily I tucked and rolled or it might have been worse.

Another possibility is when I crashed snowboarding, and broke a couple ribs. My friends laughed, and I just ignored it. A few months, I went to the doctor, and sure enough. My ribs were broken. They had pretty much snapped off, then healed in the wrong place, misaligned.

I'm pretty sure it's the collarbone though.

Edited by iRorschachBot

My car accident I was in about 3 months ago. Totaled my Mustang. I was going about 50 mph, the other guy about 30-40, he decided it would be a good idea to blow a stop sign while making a left and hit me practically head on. It was horrible. I wasn't seriously injured, didn't even break anything, but I had serious bruises on my chest and stomach and was in a lot of pain for weeks. It hurt to breath. Wasn't fun at all.

The second to worst accident/injury I've ever had was when I flipped my Go Kart going about 20 mph about 2 years ago. I have a big scar on my hand and my knee from it still. That hurt pretty bad too.

Still have never broken or sprained anything though.

i stubbed my toe :<

Really? I've never done that, how bad does it hurt?

I've never had any bad injuries, like broken bones, but i had my share of cuts/bruises, etc. But im pretty cautious.

I got stung by a bee once on my knee along with my cousin, we were crying our eyes out. haha

Another time is when my grandmother, mom, sister, Nina, and me were out for a walk and i tripped on the sidewalk, fell and got a pretty bad cut on my knee(i just realized its the same knee which was stung by a bee). there was blood gushing down my leg and we had to go back home. i still have the scar and that was like 10 years ago?

i've sprained my ankle thrice, 1st one was when in PE when we were playing baseball, 2nd time i was running around the front porch and tripped on a hole concealed by grass, it took me a while to realize what happen and then the pain got to me. i started bawling and crawling towards the front door, and some passerbys saw me and asked if i was okay, i tried to act like if nothing was wrong and went into my house asap. now that i think about it, it was pretty embarrassing. xd.png 3rd one was when i jumped off my bed but landed wrong and hit my foot on the railing of my bed, it hurt so bad i sat there holding my foot for about 10 mins until my parents heard me crying.

my PE teacher told us this story once, he and his class were in west campus(where all the sports stuff happens), and they were taking a break and gonna head back to east campus(the main campus) soon, one guy was leaning his back against this really big glass wall(the ones you see at stores, or the mall), the glass was pretty old, and he kept leaning back and forth on the wall with his whole body. The wall couldn't handle much more and it shattered under his weight(the kid was your regular skinny guy), the kid fell back on the glass and got stabbed by a bunch of broken pieces of glass. It was really bad, he had cuts everywhere, and i mean EVERYWHERE, if i remember right, i think he had over 200 stitches, and it took him a while to recover. I was traumatized by that story, and its one of those stories i will never forget. :C

When I was two, I fell off a stool and my front teeth were pushed right up into my gums. I don't remember it, but it would've hurt like hell.

That and I split my head open two years ago. 3cm gash near my hairline.

I broke my leg and the bone came out my leg... sad.gif

OUCH!!!

My worst injury? Well, I don't know if this is really an injury but it sure was painful. Once I got stung by a jellyfish twice in a row. It wrapped its tentacles around my right leg then grazed my left leg after that. I'm a pretty good at tolerating pain, but it was unbearable. I screamed and yelled for so long, just to distract myself from the pain.

When I was small I was on a swing. And the hooks with wich it was attached give way so I fell and hit my head on the brick road nearby. I was bleading all over. My big brother who had an eye on me carried me up the stairs to mom. He was in total panic. I don't remember much of it. I have no idea if I had stiches or something.

I stepped on a broken glass and instead of cutting the bottom of my foot, it flipped over and cut open the top. And it was right next to a vein o.O I still have a scar smile.gif

OUCH Lilithiana, I was always worried that that would happen to me. I'm sorry it happened to you.

The worst injury I ever got was probably when the first two fingers on my right hand got slammed in a sliding car door. I was around 3 hours away from home at the time.

The worst injury I've ever gotten is a cut on my leg that required 11 stitches. It was from passing to close to a two-ton granite boulder, funnily enough. There was a razor-sharp blade of quartz that stuck out from the corner, and I caught my leg on it.

I broke my leg and the bone came out my leg... sad.gif

That would be an open fracture. Ouch. * hands fluffy puffball kitten *

I am NOT reading the rest of this thread. And I am never getting out of this chair XD

It hurts just to read this srsly. :c

I kind of soft-pedalled the last entry, but I saved the best [/irony] for last.

I was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer back in 2005. I was too weak to survive surgery, so they loaded me up on iron and vitamins, did a passel of tests to locate everything and got it all out in one fell swoop.

So I lost about 21" of large intestine, 80 lymph nodes, uterus-ovaries-tubes (the cancer hadn't gotten that far but they were all riddled with fibroids and the doctors went ahead and got them out while they had me open). Came out of surgery with this cool scar up my belly, held together with staples instead of stitches. The ultimate in navel piercings! biggrin.gif The good news was the cancer was well-developed and they didn't have to dig around to find it all. My surgeon described it as "impressive." I should maybe take that as a compliment, I suppose…

The bad news was I was in line for six weeks each of radiation and fairly nasty chemo.

But, thankfully, it didn't come back; I just passed the seven-year mark without a relapse.

I'm not sure which is worse...

- I got attacked by a cat when I was about 4 years old. It hanged on my arm with it's claws and teeth and kicked and scratched with it's hindlegs. I had to go to hospital after attack.

- I JUMPED from slide at the age of 5 and somehow I ended up breaking my arm.

- I got a needle on my foot when I was about 5-6 years old. It went in from the side of my heel and they had TWO surgeries (or what do you call them) and doctor couldn't find it. And then the doctor said I'm just acting and faking it, and didn't take a closer look anymore. After a few days it came out on it's own when I had to walk with my "heel up" (= on my toes) because it hurt. After that my mom called the doctor and he was very surprised.

- I got attacked by a cat when I was about 4 years old. It hanged on my arm with it's claws and teeth and kicked and scratched with it's hindlegs. I had to go to hospital after attack.

It probably thought it was playing. This can be quite a problem with cats when care hasn't been taken while playing with them as kittens. Sure it's funny when something not much bigger than your hand is wrapping it's paws around you and trying to bite your fingers... but if you teach them as a kitten that that's an acceptable way to play they do it when they're older as well. And as poor AlbinoRaven can attest it's a lot less funny when it's a fully adult cat!

It probably thought it was playing. This can be quite a problem with cats when care hasn't been taken while playing with them as kittens. Sure it's funny when something not much bigger than your hand is wrapping it's paws around you and trying to bite your fingers... but if you teach them as a kitten that that's an acceptable way to play they do it when they're older as well. And as poor AlbinoRaven can attest it's a lot less funny when it's a fully adult cat!

Well that's possible, but I have been thinking that cat had some issues or something. I never saw that cat again. I can still remember the cat was all the way white.

Maybe it was just playing, or then it's hunting instinct got on.

I was just walking down the street, like I normally did when going home from a friend. And this cat just attacked me from the bushes and hung on my arm, leaving horrible wounds. It was very shocking, and I am still afraid of cats. Not hysterically, but I feel extremely uncomfortable when cats are around. o_O

I went through a (door)window while arguing with my sister. The glass sliced up my hand, arm, and wrists. The hand injury was the worst; it cut up to the top tendon in my palm, through the muscle, to the back layers of skin and to my eyes looked like a human fountain. Granted I was in shock by that point so I probably saw it as worse than it was. The wrists I saw soon after, which ended up being just skinned flecks but at the time all I could think was cut + wrist = bleed out. Once I got into the ambulance, they tried to get me into my coat and we found the one on my arm which looked as though someone took all my skin and peeled it back an inch down my arm.

When the doctor was sewing me back up, the pain meds wore off and I could feel him digging around for any shards of glass he might have missed >.o So then he gave me some morphine and the rest of the night is a blank xd.png In all I had 21 stitches in my left hand, 14 on my left arm, and 1 each for the flecks on my wrist. Boy did I itch when they were time to come out =V

paper cut. lol jk jk I nearly cut my finger off with safty siccors before. lolz, only me. tongue.gif

Mmkay, when I was 4 I was playing on my friends trapeze bar, when I fell off and hit my chin on the little chair I used to reach the bar. I bit through the skin on my chin, and now have an ugly scar because the doctor used the wrong thread to stitch it up.

When I was 6 I was in a tragic Barbie Jeep rollover accident and broke my elbow.

When I was 12 I tripped on the curb and hit my head, I had to get stitches.

When I was 14 I was pushed over in gym, and my knee hit the floor so hard part of my skin got almost ripped off, kind of like a skinned knee, but 10x worse. It didn't hut, but there was blood everywhere. blink.gif

And those are some of my traumatic experiences. smile.gif

Lets see, when I was 4 my dad let me ride on his bike with him on a very dangerous spot. My legs got jammed in the wheel and we went down hard. He broke his elbow and I got a black eye some how. That fall actually dislocated my back somehow and I started walking on my toes all hunched over. Had to get a major surgery, relearn how to walk, went in and out of the hospital for about 3 years, now I have a huge scar on my back where they did the surgery.

Then while riding my bike when I was 10 or 11 I didn't listen to my mom and went ahead. There was a really steep hill I was suppose to wait for her and my sister. I didn't and went flying down the hill at a high rate of speed. I smashed right into the a sign at a fork in the road at the bottom and busted my elbow open. Was bleeding everywhere and still have that scar until this day. >.>

I also like to fall over my own feet and sprain an ankle or elbow every once in a while. The hurt like crazy though. But luckily I've avoided any falls lately. xd.png

Also at 3 I was in Mexico and our family was claiming a mountain. It was super hot and my dad wasn't being nice and my mom decided to carry since I was really tired. She dropped me to her horror and I ended up with a stick lodged above my eye. They said that I didn't even cry and my poor mom was crying up a storm. Luckily I was okay but that scar is still there today also.

Edited by Mayuhito

Hmm.... my worst injuries, eh?

Well, this one may not count as an injury, but my younger sister dropped two beads into my ear.

And once I busted my chin when I was a baby on the edge of a coffee table.

....The weird thing about this topic is that my legs started to hurt while reading and when I read one about someone slicing their thumb, my thumb started hurting.

Cue the creepy, slightly dramatic music.