jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

Breaking my arm when I was four or five. My parents didn't realize it was broken so I walked around with a broken arm for three days.

Not as bad as my arm, but when I was about eight I fell on my tailbone and couldn't talk for nearly twenty minutes.

..I fractured my toe back when I was like 12 by hitting it against the side of a pool. :V It hurt really, REALLY bad. Obviously. But I didn't even know what happened really until later. All I knew was that it was swollen to twice its size, it was purple, and I couldn't walk on it for a couple of days.

Another time, when I was.. 14 I believe, I was swinging. The chain broke, I flew through the air, and I landed right on my tailbone in a puddle of mud. I couldn't even get up. I just lied there in the mud, crying in pain. The neighbor saw but didn't even ask if I was alright. Jerk. =w=

After around 30 minutes I got up and literally waddled into the house, wincing at every step. When I got in.. no one was home. So I stood in the hallway, still covered in mud, and waited for my parents to get home. I couldn't sit down right for a month. Really, it was terrible.

And to this day I have no idea what happened to my tailbone. Maybe I broke it or fractured it or something? I don't know.

..but yeah, that's the worst I got.

Still seeing pretty bad injurys, and Jimonjiforum, actually I would kind of count asthma as an injury.

ive obnly sprained my finger

clicks please!!

No eggspam. Please read the rules.

Edited by NixAyum

Kirianas nothing personal but you just spammed. You can't tell people to click your eggs. I was new here before too and I did that and people got mad at me. People were actualy being mean because I did'nt know what I could and could'nt do. Just a heads up. Be careful and don't recreate posts.

My worst injury. I was 5 or 6, middle of summer and all 8 of us girls were playing in one of the kiddie pools. I did something and got told to stand on the sidewalk until I could behave.

There was a walkway to the house, and then two big bushes on either side of where the walkway meet the sidewalk.

I stomped, stomped, stomped and screamed! Someone had broken a beer bottle on the other side of one of the bushes and I stomped into the broken glass.

15 stitches in 1 foot, about 4 in the other.

I honestly don't know which one is worse...falling out of a tree, hitting my back and feeling almost immobilized for two weeks or messing around on the playground and falling headfirst into the woodchips. Got 'em in my mouth. Ouch.

~Cavey

One time I hit one of my fingers against a wall and fractured it, my parenrs didn't think it was borken so they just wrapped it up in some bandages to stop it from moving. Was sore was for quite awhile but it healed itself. The only bad thing is now because it healed itself I have a bone growth on my finger making it look fat compared to my others but other than that its not sore at all.

The only other injury I had which I remember was that I running in the house and tripped and fell right onto a nail that was peaking up in the flororboards and it ripped my knee open. OUCH! I was only about 6 but I still remember it quite clearly.

This next one actually happened to my brother but I thought I'd mention it anyway. We were playing in our yard and my dad had left his metal rake on the grass. My brother ran right onto it and had two metal stakes sticking through his foot.

i sprained my fingers 3 time in one month in basket ball!!!!!

No eggspam. Please read the rules.

Edited by NixAyum

I managed to break my tailbone by falling on my butt one too many times when learning how to roller blade. That was agony. There's no such thing as a butt cast so I was hopped up on painkillers until it was able to heal enough to not hurt when I sat down, stood up, or attempted to walk.

Worst part? I still don't know how to roller blade. laugh.gif

When I was nine I cut the lateral side of my knee really deep with a pair if scissors(a terrible gift wrapping accident, no srsly), it was about 10pm Christmas Eve so the ER didn't have it's A-game as far as doctors go.

The doctor, he couldn't have been more than a day out of medical school, stitched me up haphazardly(I got 8 stitches, could have easily had double that), didn't give me a tetanus shot(my last one was when I was four at this point), and didn't check to make sure I hadn't cut anything important. He told me I was his last patient before he left for the night.

Turns out I DID cut(at least a little) something important and my young still developing muscles tried to compensate for it, my knee is compromised for the rest of my life. At the moment all it does is randomly give out every once in a while, I've gotten so used to it I don't even fall down anymore. I'll be walking along, and my knee will literally just buckle.

The first time I ever got a full body massage, I wasn't expecting the muscles in my knee to have relaxed as much as they did and I fell as soon as I stood up. I had to wait about 10 minutes before I could safely walk. This was the first tip that something might be really wrong, above the minor inconvenience of almost falling a once or twice a day.

Rather unfortunately, just how unfixable my knee is only came to my attention quite recently. Like, 11 years after the fact, too late to file a suit against the doctor. I did however get in touch with him and informed him what his impatience has done to me.

In kindergarten I was hit in the face by a tennis racket above my right eyebrow (Butterfly stitches), ran into a wall intersection (Stitches), horseshoe hit me on the top of my head (Stitches), ran into a sign (Stitches), sprained my wrist doing stupid thing...not going into details on that one...Gonna have another post or to later one about others

Edited by Bee Teno

Cortisone shot.

'nuff said.

Basically, I stress-fractured my back in so many places, blah blah blah. It healed up, I snapped them again, healed them, so on and so forth for almost a year. Eventually it go so bad I had to have 5 plates and 8 screws inserted into my back to prevent my back from degenerating completely.

That was a year, maybe two? ago. I can't go through security checks. I set the alarm off.

But anyway, I got a cortisone shot... last year, which DID ease the pain of my back, though it has one heck of a set of side effects. =_=

As promised, I landed on my ass-bone after a sledding accident (Ask me about this one it is HILARIOUS! Too lazy to type it) Almost had a concussion, Played on a storm shelter and messes up my knee, Let my dog bite me, Had the right side of my right leg infected for a month, and several others!

Ask me about any of my posts now or before for reasons why

When I was about 8 or 9, I was hanging upside down off of the bottom level of my bunk bed, with my head resting lightly on the floor. I don't really know what happened next, I guess I made a wrong move. All I know is I had to go to the ER and couldn't move my neck for about a week. Needless to say, it was painful.

Then when I was a little older, I was playing on the back porch in the water. A bee came and started buzzing around the area, and I freaked out and tried to run to the grassy area. The porch was wet and slippery. I fell backward and hid my head. Couldn't see anything for about a minute. I was scared as heck because I thought for sure I had gone blind. Also had to go to the ER. I recovered surprisingly quick.

Oh, and there was that one time I was jumping on my grandma's bed. Her cat didn't like that. At all. It attacked me. Psychotically. I had scratch marks all over my back. I gained a renewed respect for cats that day. Don't ever. EVER. Jump on their owner's beds. They WILL kill you. And like it, too. #LFMF.

Ah yes, and the time I burned myself with my mom's curling iron when I was three. I still have the scar on my wrist.

Other than that, nothing major to report. I've never broken anything. Fractured, maybe. I don't plan on breaking anything any time soon, either.

I'm still alive. ninja.gif

Edited by Kanakha

couple of years ago I stepped into an overgrown pothole, wrenched my ankle nearly 90 degrees, fell, dislocated something in my back.

Ended up with an ankle that never fully healed and chronic backproblems.

couple of years ago I stepped into an overgrown pothole, wrenched my ankle nearly 90 degrees, fell, dislocated something in my back.

Ended up with an ankle that never fully healed and chronic backproblems.

That's not awesome =/

Worst injury is hard to say, I tend to injure myself all the time. Probably the time I was kicked in the shin, or foot, by my horse. Most painful injury is easy, I dislocated my middle finger on my left hand while skating.

sliced the tip of my pinkey off

whats funny is most of the injuries on this page I have had too

the worse I have had was when I was running through the woods and I stepped in a hole. I was moving so fast I basically broke my foot in half and could not correctly walk for about a year and a half.

Luckily I haven't had anything too bad, so this is like nothing compared to others.

I dislocated my ankle (wasn't bad) last year playing floor hockey (Not exactly graceful over here)

I couldn't walk on it at all at first, but then I ended up having to limp to class across campus and the bus, didn't fix it until a week or two later through much pulling and twisting of my own doing. Said injury took place in the middle of the week, and at the time I had to carry about 20 pounds of books on my back, possibly less if I was lucky

I enjoy my ability to be less injured in car accidents than in sports

I don't remember much about it, but the worst I had was when I was about 3 and was hit by a car. The driver ran a red light and hit me as I was crossing in a cross walk. My collar bone was broken and for some reason, I had to learn to walk all over again.

...something I just remembered:

When I was little, I went to he beach with my mom. I want to climb up a rock to get to the pier, where my mom was standing. I didn't take into account that there were barnacles on the wet rock I was climbing- scraped a whole flap of skin right off my foot. Hurt like hell. I sat with my foot in the salt water for a while while we were fishing ;w;

Kay, I need to update my current worst injury ever >.< I just got back from the hospital with a broken leg! I was on my snowmachine Last night and guess what? I tipped it! Yay....What;s worse is that it's a really heavy two person snowmachine. I broke the....I can't remember the name of the bone, it's the thinker one below the knee.

One time when I was playing hockey I got a hockeystick against my forehead.

I fainted and woke up in hospital, luckily I got away with just a few stitches, although I had a hole in my head, it was small. happy.gif

I don't know, but it might be the time when I hit a basketball net and fell of my bike and sprained my wrist. I had to try not to move it for about a week! It even hurt to press buttons.