jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

When I was four,

I thought I could lean on a Holla-Hoop.

I fell-

And hit my head on the corner of my fireplace (which is made of brick)

Cracked my head open. ;P

Still have the scar.

Two years ago on the night before Halloween, my friends and I were ding dong ditching each other for fun. When my friend rang my doorbell, I chased him outside. Now it was pitch black and I didn't see the ghost decoration (it was a ghost that moved on a rope across my yard) so I ran in to and cut my eye open. I was 1/4 of an inch away from being blind. I still have a scar and I had to go to the ER.

I broke one of my knees a few years ago, I had my head slammed against a sharp wooden corner and had a concussion, and I tripped and slid across the ground, scraping the skin off of both my knees and elbows.

Geez, I've read some terrible injuries on here. , _,

When I was seven, I was at my grandmother's house and decided that sliding down her railing would be fun. I was on the top floor and bent over the rail to slide down on my chest, but my shirt had a picture on it that was made o a strange material, so it stuck the metal and I flipped over the railing. I fell down and landed on my chin on linoleum. I only got seven stitches, but jeez, it hurt. The scab was so gross, too D:

Last year during field hockey camp, I sprained my right ankle, got bursitis in my knee and tendinitis in my left ankle. I didn't get to play that much that season. >> Although I still forced my couch to put me out some times x) Ever since I have a reoccurring sprain in my right ankle, because it was re-sprained during practice one day.

Um.... I was bit on the face by a dog when I was little (funny, same thing happened to my little sister not that long ago), and I when I was walking along a wood board and hopping around on it, I jumped onto a rusty nail that was sticking up and it went through my shoe and into my foot. Ouchie :<

I think that's it x)

Okay, so me and my friends were trail-riding at my instructor's stables, and we had to go down this real steep hill while ducking underneath bodach limbs(very thorny). So I leaned forward to get underneath one(something you should never do going downhill >_<') and all of a sudden, my horse breaks into a gallop down the hill. Guess who falls, has bodach thorns in their back, and lands on a rock? Not fun. :/

Edit: Typo

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

I'm not really sure which one was the worst. I guess it would be a toss up between a concussion, a dislocated shoulder, and throwing out my back from too much heavy lifting. Then there were also a couple of times I needed stitches but I rank those as being slightly less severe as the others.

So I guess I'm pretty lucky in that I've never had any more serious injuries like broken bones.

When I was about 11 or 12 I was walking on my grandmother's deck edge (still being built). I took a wrong step, slipped and fell onto the wood and cut my leg almost to the bone. I got a nice scar in the shape of a fish hook. I was so lucky that I got no infection in that cut!

Last month I was playing around at the barn with my friends. We were playing with people jumps (or dog jumps) and it was my turn. The first jump was pretty small and the second jump was half my height (I'm 5' 2''). I jumped the first jump and landed awkwardly, but did the second jump, and didn't think of my bad step.

Let's just say by the end of the day I could barely put weight on my foot and for 3 weeks I had to wear an ankle brace. If I ever want to jump those people jumps I have to wear a brace now...

Edit for typos

Edited by emmaiskewl

In terms of 'oh dear god' reactions, a chemical burn from putting my wrist in a drop of spilled, concentrated sulphuric acid. In reality, it was barely visible after two days, but it sounds dramatic.

Actual worst injury, fell off a horse after he bolted on the road. Hit my head, massive bruise on my butt and I sprained my ankle badly enough to require a cast and crutches for a week. Ankle still hurts if i walk around too much or it's cold -.-

Most of my bad injuries occurred when I was between 9 months and 2 and a half years old. Most of which were head injuries but I never had to get stitches thanks to my nice hard skull. I was a danger ranger according to my parents.

The worst injuries I can remember was when I...fell out of a small tree and hit my head on a 2x6. Really it just hurt I didn't even bleed.

Another bad injury was when I was climbing down a ladder a bit too fast and slammed my pinky toe against a large griddle and fractured the pinky toe. Again not really all that bad it healed on it's own after a month, though it hurt the entire time.

I did get bitten by a dog we had when I was 9? maybe 10. He just bit me on the thigh for no reason. Didn't go to the hospital or anything my dad cleaned up the bite and I was fine.

I fell down some concrete stairs when I was 11 and put a gash in my elbow. I got lucky it stopped bleeding after 30 seconds and I didn't even notice the injury till my friend pointed it out.

That's all I can remember none were all that bad, I've never been to an ER from what I can remember but I did get taken to the ER when I was 2 but I don't remember that.

I don't know which one was worse for me, but I'm guessing either falling off my bike and hitting my knee that bled a lot that day, and left a bruise for 3 years. Or getting my pinky stuck in the car window. both very painful to think about blink.gif

Knackered my shoulder, wrist and ankle all within a few months of each other - my shoulder has yet to heal properly after five years. Potentially a permenant partial dislocation of the subclavicle date.

Tore my knee up pretty good skiing, and being overweight for a long while didn't help. Still gives me issues from time to time.

But in all, nothing too horrendous thus far.

1. I fell on a air vent when I was just starting to walk. My left eye ended up developing a lazy eye and the sight in it begun to deteriorate

1.5 When I was 3-4yrsold my brother about 2-3yrsold slammed a door on my right 'ring finger' and the top got cut off (was sowed back on later on. And those doors in Germany are DAMN HEAVY!) and my hand broke in three places.

2. Around the same year I had gone through our luggage (we were moving back to the states again, THE DAY BEFORE WE WERE SUPPOSE TO LEAVE) and found my medicine bag. I found my Epi Pen thinking it was an actual pen and pushed the button onto it. I being the stupid toddler I was, had the needle end pointed at my hand. BAM! needle through my small tiny hand.

3. If dying twice then being brought back to life from allergies doesn't count as an injury then I won't tell you. It does make me and 'offical zombie' times two IMO

4. I was playing with my brother (around 6-7 years old now) and I was carrying him around on my back, I had lost balance and fell on him, cracking my tail bone. I was in so much pain for the weeks to come, you wouldn't know. The lucky sucker didn't get hurt though. raeg!

5. About four years ago (about 10-11 at the time) I stupidly threw a brick into the air, and it hit my head, making me go down and break my nose on my knee.

6. about 2-3 weeks ago (15 years old) I make warm drinks in the morning because Washington is so damn cold and it was what I would usually do before I go to school. Well I left the drink in the micro wave for two minutes. Later I put in some hot cocoa mix and put the cap on. Now usually I would keep the lid open until it gets too cold and enjoyable.

Well I didn't this time. So all the steam pressure made the lid pop and hot chocolate go everywhere. Mostly on my face. Yeah. Went to the doctor's and I was perfectly fine. They did say that if my glasses weren't on at the time I would have had to stay at the hospital because of dangers an such.

7. I have a cracked vertebra and degenerative disc disease (DDD) in my lower back because the middle school I went to refused to give students lockers and our back packs were rather heavy and completely destroyed my back. Now I have to take pills to keep the pain away, and even then I still wake up with back pains in the morning, or I can't do much with out fear of being in constant pain. Even now as I'm typing this I feel the pain. Every second of every day I now have pain, even if it is a dull ache, I'll have it for the rest of my life. *loathes stupid school for the pain I now have to go through*

Well that's about it.

*shrugs*

Edited by PACMANnot

This isn't that bad...

So I got a tiny splinter stuck in my hand, and it really hurt, so my parents had to dig out some skin to get it out... inside my house...

My first ingrown toenail, so after a few days of hurting I went to my mom to ask her if my toenail was ingrown and she said yes (MY TOENAIL WAS SUPER SWELLED AND GROSS LIQUID WAS COMING OUT OF IT) And my mom picked for a few days and finally it came out. Ouch ;-; it hurt sooo badly.

Got a fishing hook stuck in my left elbow. Had to pull off one of my toenails because it was only on by a tiny bit. Havent had a nosebleed yet...shockingly.

Got a fishing hook stuck in my left elbow. Had to pull off one of my toenails because it was only on by a tiny bit. Havent had a nosebleed yet...shockingly.

So, I'm not the only one who got a fishhook sticking out of them eh?

People-fishing. It's the new olympic sport.

Most damage: cuncussion at scouts. please don't ask.

Most hurt: Today, when I had warts frozen. sad.gif

1. I fell on a air vent when i was just starting to walk. My left eye ended up developing a lazy eye and the sight in it begun to deteriorate

1.5 When I was 3-4yrsold my brother about 2-3yrsold slammed a door on my right 'ring finger' and the top got cut off (was sowed back on later on. And those doors in Germany are DAMN HEAVY!) and my hand broke in three places.

2. around the same year i had gone through our luggage (we were moving back to the states again, THE DAY BEFORE WE WERE SUPPOSE TO LEAVE) and found my medicine bag. I found my Epi Pen thinking it was an actual pen and pushed the button onto it. I being the stupid toddler I was, had the needle end pointed at my hand. BAM! needle through my small tiny hand.

3. If dying twice then being brought back to life from allergies doesn't count as an injury then I won't tell you. It does make me and 'offical zombie' times two IMO

4. I was playing with my brother (around 6-7 years old now) and I was carrying him around on my back, I had lost balance and fell on him, cracking my tail bone. i was in so much pain for the weeks to come, you wouldn't know. The lucky sucker didn't get hurt though. raeg!

5. About four years ago (about 10-11 at the time) I stupidly threw a brick into the air, and it hit my head, making me go down and break my nose on my knee.

6. about 2-3 weeks ago (15 years old) I make warm drinks in the morning because Washington is so damn cold and it was what I would usually do before I go to school. Well I left the drink in the micro wave for two minutes. Later I put in some hot cocoa mix and put the cap on. Now usually I would keep the lid open until it gets too cold and enjoyable.

Well I didn't this time. So all the steam pressure made the lid pop and hot chocolate go everywhere. Mostly on my face. Yeah. Went to the doctor's and I was perfectly fine. They did say that if my glasses weren't on at the time I would have had to stay at the hospital because of dangers an such.

7. I have a cracked vertebra and degenerative disc disease (DDD) in my lower back because the middle school I went to refused to give students lockers and our back packs were rather heavy and completely destroyed my back. Now I have to take pills to keep the pain away, and even then I still wake up with back pains in the morning, or I can't do much with out fear of being in constant pain. Even now as I'm typing this I feel the pain. Every second of every day I now have pain, even if it is a dull ache, I'll have it for the rest of my life. *loathes stupid school for the pain I now have to go through*

Well that's about it.

*shrugs*

Wow. Thats a lot of injuries.

The worst for me is I got a boxer's fracture because a horse I hate bucked me off and my weight landed on my pinkie finger.

earlier this year in February i had a staph infection in my lungs and i had to get up to go to the bathroom to spit and i coughed so hard i threw out my lower back. I had to lay on the ground until my dad got home about 15 minutes later. he had to help me into the recliner and i could not move. i had to grip my back so hard when i coughed so it wouldn't hurt

When I was 6 I jumped off a swingset and landed on my arm. Broke up into 3 places. I actually didn't notice untill my mom starded screaming and put me in the car. When I saw that i was going to the hospital, My arm felt like it was set on fire.

I always wonder why I couldn't feel the pain when I was at my house, but I could at the hospital.... strange...

EDIT: ninja.gif

Edited by DaniBoo

I got hit in the nuts.

Sure this might not seem all that bad BUT here's the kicker.... It was with.... A BOWLING BALL!!!

Now the actual hit was the most pain I have ever felt. So much I passed out for a couple minutes. Even though It hurt that badly it wasn't the worst part. Now any guy knows that the harder the hit the residual pain lasts. Well 18 pound bowling ball to the nads is a pretty hard hit IMHO. So the residual pain lasted a while.

Compared to other stuff in this thread though, I find this minor.

Hmm... Well i was about 13 and got bitten on the knee by some kind of bug. bite got infected, turned a bunch of strange colors i dont remember and it hurt like i dont know what. nearly had to have surgery on it but luckily antibiotics cleared it up before that happened lol

I got hit in the nuts.

Sure this might not seem all that bad BUT here's the kicker.... It was with.... A BOWLING BALL!!!

Now the actual hit was the most pain I have ever felt. So much I passed out for a couple minutes. Even though It hurt that badly it wasn't the worst part. Now any guy knows that the harder the hit the residual pain lasts. Well 18 pound bowling ball to the nads is a pretty hard hit IMHO. So the residual pain lasted a while.

Compared to other stuff in this thread though, I find this minor.

OK, I'm female and that has just made ME go pale.

Dare I ask, how did you get hit in the nuts with a bowling ball?

OK, I'm female and that has just made ME go pale.

Dare I ask, how did you get hit in the nuts with a bowling ball?

Well me and my family were at a bowling alley but as to how it actually happened I don't know. I was preping my ball and next thing PAIN, fall, black out, wake up, PAIN. The ball I was preping fell on my foot (luckily it wasn't more then 8 pounds and the bowling shoes were hard so my foot didn't break but it did leave a nasty bruise) but I didn't really feel that.

My theory is the person before me was swinging and the ball slipped, flew back at me preping my ball so I couldn't see it (hence me not catching it or dodging it), and proceded to fly into my nads.

There are a couple other theories I have but this,^, one seems most likely.