jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

Hm.....worst would be the time i slammed a van door on my right hand.

most stupid almost tied for worst is when i went down a hill through a swing set on my bike. My bike got caught on the swings and somehow ended up going a foot back up the hill while i finished the rest of the trip down the hill by myself. The only thing that happened was my thumbs were numb for half an hour....

I got concussed this morning ._.

I was running in the hall with my socks on, slid on the tile, and my head hit the doorknob.

Hard. Dx

Broken arm. I dislocated the growth plate in it. >_<

My Dad bought me a pony that was wild (a mustang) and made me ride it when I was like 7-9 years old? The thing is, the guy we bought it from said that he had trained it well and it was fine for kids to ride (yeah right). Anyway, the pony freaked out not long after I started riding it and it bucked me off. I landed on my left side, my head about a foot from a large rock. As soon as I hit the ground I was instantly "knocked out". I could see, hear etc but I could not move and the strangest part is, me not being able to move didn't bother me at the time. When I came to my shoulder had the worst pain I can remember. I couldn't move it and for some reason my parents decided it wasn't worth going to the hospital/doctor over so now I have a lump on my left shoulder with constant pain. It's been over 10 years and I still can't lay on that side without my shoulder starting to hurt.

off hand I can think of 3

1) When I was just walking and jumping, I jumped off the couch and nearly bit my tongue off, it was hanging on by a thread... and it had to be reattached.

2) When I was 17 I was in a car accident. I got broadsided by an SUV doing about 60-65 MPH. The passenger window shattered and sliced into my hand, lobbing a piece of glass about the size of a thumb nail into my hand... also severed an artery.. I remember looking and watching blood spurt out of my hand. That accident also cut my ear, and lodged glass in my eye as well. If it wasn't for my contacts, I would probably be blind in my right eye, instead I have a scar in the shape of a nike symbol. So all in all I needed stitches to my ear and hand, then surgery on my hand to remove the glass in it, and then a visit to the eye doctor to carefully remove the glass that was embeded in my eye as well. Fun times... but considering things could have been MUCH MUCH worse... its all good.

3) Most recent was I got partial 3rd degree burn on my left hand. I work in a factory that makes plastic bottles. Some bottles get prepped for labels by going through a flame, the flame treats the surface and allows for the label to adhere to the bottle. Well the line was running poorly, and while getting another problem with the line, I ended up with bottles caught in the flame treat. It was a mess, and I used all the proper safety measures I was taught, however.... molten plastic, reacts very similar to boiling water... it kind of explodes. So as I'm putting the burning plastic into the proper container, the burning plastic pops/explodes onto my hand. (It doesn't hit the tool I'm getting the plastic with nooooooo, it flys about 10inches to a foot to land on my hand...) The plastic that landed on my hand, was still on fire, and yeah, it was nasty. It looked really gross, burned some parts black, but it didn't hurt at all. Since it didn't hurt I put a bandage over it, and continued to work. >_<

As a kid I got hit by a side mirror on a guys truck while riding my bike, had a nasty black eye, and a cut... still have a scar but it's really hard to see anymore. I've dislocated my hip and shoulder, also strained my shoulder pretty bad that I'm still seeing doc for now. But I don't think those as being that bad of injuries. tongue.gif

Edited by HotIce80

When I was really little, I was running around the basement of my old house with my brother and we bumped heads so hard that I got a concussion. I was taken to the hospital by my dad and kept throwing up later on. The last thing I remember is being in a hospital bed, watching a Tony the Tiger commercial on the TV, and feeling really weird. They had to stick needles in my arm and rehydrate me, but that's all I remember being told about afterward.

Also, more things from when I was little...

When I lived in Maryland, we had a huge backyard on private property that reached into a many-acre forest. My dad had built a platform and a swing set for us in the forest, and it was pretty cool. I think one time that I fell off the top of the platform though, and landed on the ground many feet below. I'm not exactly sure what injuries I did get, but I think it was pretty bad.

Another time, I was playing around the front door with my brother, just slamming it shut and things like that. Unfortunately, he slammed it shut on my finger and I began to scream and cry, it hurt so bad. Apparently he had managed to begin the start of my entire fingernail to fall off and a lot of blood to gush out. The fingernail grew back, though.

Last year I was riding a scooter and I pulled one of the covers on the handlebar off. I wasn't expecting to do it, so I accidentally fell off it while it was still in motion. And possibly because I'd ran over a bump on the street. I landed on my left arm and I guess I'd stuck out my hand or something, because I fractured my wrist in the process. I've heard that other broken bones hurt even more, but then again it still hurt pretty badly. I started crying (but I didn't scream), but eventually dragged myself inside my house since I had fallen near my driveway. I had to have one of those plaster casts where you can move the rest of your arm after it dries but not the part containing the broken bone. That was during the summer.

Edited by Kandycat

When i broke my wrist and part of my right hand(the one i write with) in uh. 1st grade if i remember well. It was a pain because we had to write in cursive writing, and already my writing was terrible, just imagine with the opposite hand how awful it was xd.png..

I never had any other worst injuries, because its the only time i remember being injured at all. I had two cars incidents but luckily nobody got wounded :L

The worst injury to happen to me was probley when I was 2 and in a little fake plastic shopping cart at a day care or something. I was sitting in it, which I guess your not supposed to do 'cus it fell over and I bit down on my lip. I bit down so hard when I hit the floor that I bit -through- it. o___o

I still have a not so noticable scar from it, but other than that I don't get hurt often ^__^

I think that's the worst, which is strange, because I've also been hit by a car and been jumped on by an eager young stallion. Yes, a horse. On my back. With all weight.

I've seen that happen.

I was at an Iberian regional horse show some years back. My horse was in a class with two other half-Iberians: a Spanish Norman mare and a Sorraia pony stallion. Yes, the mare was in heat, and peed the first thing in the arena.

The stallion had been bred the day before so he was still high.

Anyway, long story short, the stallion smelled the mare and went off the hook. He mounted his handler and knocked her to the ground. She was okay, she just went right over, and led him out of the arena — snapping his lead-shank the whole way, I might add! rolleyes.gif

iAisu: Criminal charges were imposed on the bullies, I trust? At the very least, their parents.

Edited by Xocowolf

Uncoordinated as I am, I've never really injured myself. Never broken any bones, never sprained anything...never even had any bad cuts or scrapes. I ran into a wall once, back in like 3rd grade, does that count? I did get a black eye, haha. Embarassing...

*Correction: An overweight fifth grader once jumped over a couch and landed directly on my head. Bent my glasses at like a 90 degree angle. She must have landed a little bit on my side too, but I didn't feel that until later because I was a bit preoccupied with how much my head freaking hurt.

Edited by potterwolf

I was in fourth gear on my Kawasaki 125cc four stroke. Roaring down the field as fast as I could go, kinda showing off for my friends. It had been raining earlier, and there was mud. I fell. I hit my knee. Then I got up and tried to start the bike again.. I was in shock, I didn't feel the real pain then. I hit the kickstart, which jerked back. I fell over again, and then it started to hurt. I couldn't stand up. I sat for the rest of the day with ice on my knee feeling like an idiot.

Days passed, I still couldn't walk. Days into weeks, my parents told me I was faking it and to give up the act. Weeks became a month. Then they finally took me to the doctor. Tendonitis, and a large calcium deposit had formed on top of it, and rubbed against it, further agitating it every time I moved. Physio for months, still couldn't walk right.

I can walk again. But I still have pain and weakness.

This happened in the last week of August, 2009.

Last week of August 2010. Same trails, same friends (One form Windsor 3 hours south, one from S.C 2 hours north) I crashed and got a second degree burn on the same knee.

In elementary school I was running and ran full speed onto a really sharp rock. It bent my foot in half so it looked like a mountain from the side. I didn't have time to stop running so my next step popped it back to a normal position. It hurt a lot but I never went to the doctor. I could hardly walk on my foot for like 2 weeks.

BTW the rock hit the sensitive middle part of my foot (the bottom of the arching piece) and did not feel good.

I've also somehow injured my neck so it was leaning sideways for about a week.

Hmmm... The only other thing I can think of is when we were rollerblading in school 3 years ago I fell on my wrist on the wooden floor and it had all of my weight on my arm when it was straight. It jammed my elbow and really hurt my wrist. I still can't put that much pressure on my wrist even now, 3 years later. Sucks when we have to do pushups in school.

There are only two I can think of, and compared to some of the others they're really not that bad...

One was when I was out on the boat with my family and I decided the front of the boat was a great place to nap. It would have been fine if I'd remembered to reapply sunscreen before napping. I ended up with second degree burns. That wasn't fun.

The second was two years ago. I was going to this theater camp, and I decided to practice the dances we were supposed to learn at home. I fell and I didn't break anything, but my foot swelled up and I had a lot of trouble walking on it for a long time. To make it worse, I wasn't practicing in the house, so once I finally managed to pick myself up I had to walk to the deck and up a flight of stairs to get into the house. And then (because I'm an idiot) about half an hour later I was going up and down the stairs in the house just to see if I was able to do it.

I can't remember any other particularly painful injuries... I'm pretty lucky. My sister, on the other hand, is hugely accident prone.

When we were in second grade, she fell out of a chair, and she managed to break her finger in on all three growth plates. blink.gif

got thrown off a rather foul tempered young gelding and hit my back. mother didnt believe I was injured and didnt take me to hospital for days. bruised my spine.

fell hiking and gouged my leg open to the bone. strangely didnt hurt at all and still have no feeling in the scar.

worst would have been the emergency C- section nessary to save the life of my second child. drs in quite the rush. non of the meds took correctly (only about 1/2 an inch of skin on my belly was numb) and they cut me open and took her out anyways. still have freaky nightmares about it. for any one pregant or someday wanting children this is the kind of freak accident that you hear about in medical textbooks, not common place by any means. you have a better chance of winning a huge lotto then this happening to you.

this is far from my worst injury, but i feel like mentioning this right now since im suffering from it right this moment. (feel mah pain!) tongue.gif

anyhow, i do martial arts. i was sparring, and we were both kicking at the same time. i got my leg up faster, but the other kid had his leg up too. his knee was up, and i was extending my foot out to him. my toes caught on his knee, so the big one was all bent too far in. even now, i still cant put any weight on that foot. DX its all swollen too.

Going into labour with cracked ribs.

Or, if that doesn't count, second time I was shot.

I think the labour w. cracked ribs counts.

If you don't mind me asking - why was the second time worse than the first?

I never really did have any serious injuries, just the really bad scrape or two. Fell down while running a race in gym.

Err...not sure if this counts because it wasn't bleeding much, but...

I was holding our kitten and she was about...what was it, one or two weeks new to the house? Anyway, she was meowing and trying to get away. I should have let her go, but she was close to my face, so I didn't and just moved my hands farther away, still holding her.

Huge mistake.

She scrabbled her back legs, her claws flew out in her back paws, and tore my skin like a tent flap. (Yeow!)

But if you think that's bad, you should look at my arm. Scabs all over, ripped skin. (I pick this cat up too much.)

Or was it when I hit my shoulder in the doorframe, felt like I broke it, and mom refused to take me to the doctor? (Urgh, not fun. Hurt like someone was stabbing knives into it.)

~Cavey

Got 3:

When I was...I don't know. 4. 5. Something like that, I got my left ring finger slammed in a door. The nail cracked and fell off. The rest of the finger was gross...it was all bruised with no nail on it...looked like I had frostbite.

Got hit in the jaw with a tennis raquet at high speed. Nothing broken, but I had braces on at the time and they went through my lip. That hurt. There was, according to the people there, a large amount of blood. The place I was at had no medical centre...but the cafe was open. So the only thing I had to help me was an icy-pole. sleep.gif

Last one is the big one. I was driving in some sort of...dune buggy...crawler...thing...and I hit a rock or something and it flipped over. Dislocated shoulder. Bad. Not fun. So I was yelling in pain and, since we were out in the middle of nowhere, there was no medical centre. Again. So the guy I was driving with (who was perfectly OK) came over, flipped the buggy-crawler-thing back over, and said "You're gonna hate me for this." He then pushed and twisted my shoulder to pop it back in. That hurt much more than the dislocation. So he twisted and pushed for what seemed like an hour before getting it back in. He drove me back to the campsite where I was fine. No hospital or anything.

Edited by earwig

I was attacked outside on the streets once. Years ago, it was.

If I remember correctly, I had fractures where the red is.

user posted image

Thankfully, nothing permanent.

As for why I was attacked...

I'd rather not say, really.

Its ridiculous!

Edited by Ælex

My finger was split open by may hamster's teeth..on Christmas Eve. Their teeth..my god, we should use them to cut metal wires..

The only time I've ever received a serious injury was when I was too young to remember. I guess I was jumping on a chair while I was living in Korea and I fell and hit right on the bridge of my nose. I was supposed to get stitches, but I squirmed around so much that they gave up on trying to give them to me. The only remains of this injury is a little mark inbetween my eyes~

Other than that, no serious injuries here. xd.png

My worst injury would be on my leg. This happened close to 14 years ago. To summarize the incident, I fell into one of those holes between the large concrete blocks I was walking. It's one of those concrete blocks that have their corners cut off so when put together, there's a hole that forms a diamond. That's what happened to me. I fell through one of those holes (yes, it was big enough for a ten year old to fall through and get hurt) and the sharp edge of one of the blocks cut the front of my leg. Since I was young, it didn't take long for the wound to heal, but it sure took a good two weeks for a scab to finally form over it and another week and a half to heal completely.

Now I have a scar that has moved two inches above from where the original wound was and I have where the original wound was (might be I got two scars out of that). Whenever I get an itch there, it takes longer for the itch to be relieved than anywhere else on my body.

In off-topic relation to time travel, if it would work, I could go back in time to prevent that wound from ever happening. It's one experience that every time I think about it, I feel like I am going to faint.

Breaking my arm was the only one I really remember as the pain felt like someone was squishing the bone. I had fell of my bike coming down a hill. There was a pothole in the road and I never saw it. Even though I just broke my left arm in one place I've never been able to have all the strength in that arm, and it does hurt from time to time. Shortly after, I'd fallen on the same arm and my family refused to take me to the hospital again.