jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

I actually have a picture of me that was taken about 20 seconds before my worst injury.

user posted image

The board flew out from underneath me and I landed on my side. Hairline fracture to my hip, knee was swollen to the size of a grapefruit, and a mild concussion when my head smacked the concrete. Fun times, yeah..... NOT.

This is what the board was used for...

user posted image

Let me just say to all the daredevils on the forum: DO NOT TRY THIS!

Worse injury? Hm.

When I was three, I lived in Queens, NY with my grandparents when my mother was out working in the bank. We used to have a dog. A Cocker Spaniel. He was blind and deaf.

The thing is, my grandpa used to nibble on his cheek in greeting. I didn't understand this, so I actually used to bite the dog.

Sadly, the dog didn't like this one bit, and he used to yelp when I did it to him. I was three, so I didn't understand.

Then he had enough.

I bit him again. He yelped like he always did. Then it came. He bit me in turn, right above the eye. I was bleeding everywhere. My grandma screamed and tookme to the hospital to get the gaping wound stitched up. Twelve stitches for me. The doctor said I was lucky I didn't get blinded or that the dog hadn't ripped out my eye.

Unfortunately, once dogs taste blood like that, they'll attack everyone, my grandma said. We had to put the dog down, but I didn't know that he died. My grandma said he had run away. He had 3 years in age.

I feel so guilty. And yes, I have the scar above my eye.

Unfortunately, once dogs taste blood like that, they'll attack everyone, my grandma said. We had to put the dog down, but I didn't know that he died. My grandma said he had run away. He had 3 years in age.

The saddest part is that is not true. At least not completely. Not EVERY dog will go mad after tasting blood, attacking someone or not. It is not a 100% certainty. My dog has on many occasion bit my bare foot from me stepping on him or biting my hand when I scare him on accident or I just piss him off somehow, enough to draw blood (no hospitalizations though), and he has yet to become some violent dog. He is pretty aggressive around people he doesn't know, but then he didn't get much human contact growing up, but once he knows you, though he might be a bit irritating, he is very sweet.

Once I flew off my bicycle backwards. I kinda went 360 degrees and landed flat on my tummy. In result I fractured my right arm, got a cracked jaw (took a few weeks to heal) and a few scratches on my elbow and knees.

I fell flat on my face on cobblestones. the side of my face was black and blue, and I hairline fractured a thumb and a finger. I was in agony.

Also in fairly recent years I've broken an ankle and a wrist.

Mehhh... My worst injury was when I fell off a skateboard and tore the ACL (main tendon) in my right knee all to hell. It was literally detached on both sides. They had to go in and replace it. There are screws in my knee now. xd.png

Wow. Thats a lot of injuries.

The worst for me is I got a boxer's fracture because a horse I hate bucked me off and my weight landed on my pinkie finger.

Ouch that must have hurt *winces at the thought*.

And yeah, I thought it would be my brother with the most injuries and not me, sadly (and gratefully) that is true he has had more injuries then me. I also just realized that I did an epic grammar phail in my last post, gotta go fix it.

Yeah.

I think I broke, or cracked, a bone in my foot so every time I even put a little bit of pressure on it, it begins to hurt. stupid doors. tongue.gif

A bullet in my shoulder severed some nerves and nearly paralyzed my arm. It wasn't the injury that hurt as much as the surgery to repair the damage. Even under the influence of the most powerful painkiller they had, I was still in an unbearable amount of pain. I've rarely ever cried from getting hurt, and that was one of those times. I've still got the scars, and that arm will never work the way it should again. My reflexes are slower than my left arm, when it should be the opposite because I was technically born a righty.

Worst injury I got was when I was one and I fell down the stairs. I got a gash beneath my eye, and had to go to the ER, only the doctor was busy, and so my mom and I had to wait half an hour, with only a wet rag to help stop the bleeding. I had four or five stitches in it, and apparently, I screamed bloody murder.

Next worst was when I cut my foot on a shard of glass, and it got infected, so it took about two weeks to heal up. That was fun. dry.gif

Edited by cocoaloco

I have two i figure the first was worse but the second is funny xd.png

On the first day of summer break also the first day my mom decided I was old enough to be home alone all day i was lieing on the couch in our sunroom when I accidentally kicked out one of the big windows ended up with two gashes on my foot and panckedleaving bloodly foot prints all over the house trying to stop the bleeding ended up calling my mom at work so she came home and took me to the er and i ended up with 16 stitches in my foot and couldn't go swimming the whole summer sad.gif worst summer ever

then in high school I was carving wood in art was enraged because of a bullying incident last period and missed and caused the chisel to go into my hand was like crap called the teacher over figuring i needed first aid teacher freaked out took me to the principal who also freaked out both were panicking (I myself was calm but angry with myself figuring it wasn't worse than the foot indent) I ended up calling my mom she came took me to the ER and i got 5 stitches in my hand

I should note that I was quite accident prone as a child tongue.gif

Edited by chickenhound

My first real injury, I was four when I ran into a wall and split the upper third of my right ear in half. Very painful and bloody. I was copying how cartoon characters walk with their eyes closed to look cool and such.

THANKS, CARTOONS.

When I was 13, I slipped on a wet walkway and landed flat on my... Front teeth.

Brutal. Pain. I could barely eat or drink without some awful stinging for a few weeks. Needed caps to replace the chunk that was lost.

Did I mention how awful this was?

Age 14: Stung by a bee. That doesn't sound like much; I'm not allergic or anything... But... It was on the bottom of my foot.

lolcouldntwalkforthreedays

Edited by Sun Dragon Angel-A

When I was about 11 or 12, me and my friend were having scooter races down my street, and halfway down the street, she veers into me and sends me sprawling (almost into a parked car's window) and I land on the gravelly concrete and fracture my right wrist and graze the hell out of my knees and hands, then (foolish me) I didn't feel any pain, so I went to push myself up and felt and heard the dull 'crack' of the small fracture turning into a clean break, it ached a bit. I was in a full arm cast for a few months.

I'm 17 now and after writing or drawing for a long time the site where the fracture occurred aches. So it makes exams a real, literal pain. Luckily I've always had a high tolerance for pain.

Oh, and when I was maybe 9 or younger, I used to enjoy jumping up as high as possible on the trampoline and leaping off, once I landed near a Bumblebee, must've startled it, for I received a sting on the bottom of both feet. Don't remember much of that occasion though.

Age 14: Stung by a bee. That doesn't sound like much; I'm not allergic or anything... But... It was on the bottom of my foot.

lolcouldntwalkforthreedays

Gee... How the heck did you manage to get stung by a bee on your foot?

Then again, I'm one to talk... When I was five, I got stung by a wasp on both lips... rolleyes.gif

Gee... How the heck did you manage to get stung by a bee on your foot?

It is relatively easy- step on one. At least here the grass is full of them in the summer. My record has probably been being stung five times in one foot in a single day.

-It didn't make walking any harder than usual- it just itched a little, so I assume the original person is either slightly allergic or at least very sensitive to being stung by bees.

It is relatively easy- step on one. At least here the grass is full of them in the summer. My record has probably been being stung five times in one foot in a single day.

-It didn't make walking any harder than usual- it just itched a little, so I assume the original person is either slightly allergic or at least very sensitive to being stung by bees.

Yup. Stepped on a bee on my sixth or seventh birthday, waiting to get to play on the plastic playset our neighbor had lent us for my party. Was fine right after I figured out what it was, but standing confused as to why my foot kind of hurt... X3

Getting stung in the side (went to lay down on an intertube, and it was hovering there) by a wasp hurt a lot more, but still wasn't bad, either.

I've never really been injured, though. I think it helps I'm pretty cautious and know how to fall from gymnastics. I jumped out of a car going 20 mph and was fine, so yar. o3o May also help that I have freakily high pain tolerance, though.

I think the worst that's happened to me so far was I seriously burned my arm while working in a bakery. There's a huge walk-in oven and I was taking a rack out of it. Apparently, the rack wobbled and it decided just then to tip over, knocking the very hot metal pan onto me. I had first and second degree burns. Don't really remember the pain, but I have a nasty scar from it. This was a little over two years ago.

Pretty much what happened. I had a tendency to walk barefoot in the backyard a lot and one day I stepped on a bee. I stopped walking around without shoes after that, bleh.

That was the only time I was ever stung by a bee; I didn't get swelling, bruising or anything the like, my foot just became INCREDIBLY sore a few hours after getting stung.

My younger brother was chasing me with a golf club, I jumped over my dad's tool box to get away from him, something sharp was sticking up and I almost lost my toe - it was hanging on by a thread and had to be sewn back on.

Aaah! D: That's very...

When my brother was very young, his cut his index finger and it was hanging by a thread. He was like two or three (before my memory, anyway. I'm younger than him) and he almost sliced his fingertip off on the corner of a kitchen counter. Seriously. It was really sharp, apparently. He healed back fine and the only way to tell is the fingernail of that finger is really crooked.

Edited by Diem Adrienne

Well, actually, the worst injury that I have had is a tie between my cut from someone's binder that became a scar on my right hand and cutting the 'inside' of my right pinky toe TWICE while running through a doorway. The first time, I bled, and the second time, it hurt a lot, but didn't bleed. None of them were very serious, though. All three incidents happened one year ago, when I was 11.

I don't remember anything worse, other than scraping my knee more than a few years ago. Also, once, my cousin's dog Sprinkles scratched me when he was a puppy, when he jumped up on me. Another time, I hurt my foot on a floor. I think I twisted it somehow.

When I was about 4 I was at my grandma's house and I was messing with her excersize bike, spinning the sedals and making the chain spin... I wanted to know what the chain felt like so I stuck my finger under it. Yea... not a good idea. It got sucked into the sproks and severed my index finger. It cut all the way throught my finger, exept for a small peice of skin. I got it sewed back on with about 24 stitches and it still works today. I lost a few nerves in it tho...