TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

laugh.gif ^ I know we're not the only ones doing this, either! rolleyes.gif

I confess. I do it too. smile.gif I'm looking forward to the new egg/hatchie limit (7/21 for me).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does happy dance* 'bout time we got some new features! lol joking. I wasn't registered whenever u got new features last.

I know that it is off-topic, but I have to ask...

Where do you obtain the little status box at the bottom of some of the posts? I do so get tired of counting all the time... Thank you and Sorry...

Yup, I can't wait for the renaming feature to kick in I just named a male pink hatchling a female name. Doh! What was I thinking or, more likely the case, not. I can't wait to move the name off the poor thing. laugh.gif

Edited by Misha

Where do you obtain the little status box at the bottom of some of the posts? I do so get tired of counting all the time... Thank you and Sorry...

Here, then enter your scroll name by "Scroll Stats".

I have a few name issues too that I'd love to fix! But I'm really looking forward to teleport.

Does anyone else try to grab a new egg when scroll locked to see if the new more eggs feature has kicked in yet? I can't seem to help myself to try every day tongue.gif

Guilty. cool.gif Even if I know not to expect anything until December.

or eggs around the world

I just thought of something. With the new limits, will you still have to have less than 4 of each to use the Summon BSA, or will you just have to be unlocked under the new requirements? I just wonder because we currently can't use Summon even when we're not too locked to breed, so I'm not sure if the issue is being locked or if there's a separate limit for Summon.

I just thought of something. With the new limits, will you still have to have less than 4 of each to use the Summon BSA, or will you just have to be unlocked under the new requirements? I just wonder because we currently can't use Summon even when we're not too locked to breed, so I'm not sure if the issue is being locked or if there's a separate limit for Summon.

Good question. If I had to guess, I'd say you'd just need to have an open egg slot, since we have the whole lock-link issue right now.

Basically, right now you can only Summon if you are unlocked, meaning you are able to pick up eggs or receive trades. Having 4 eggs means you are locked, for all intents and purposes. So, in the new system, being "unlocked" (egg-wise) would mean you have at least 1 less egg than is allowed for whatever trophy you have.

Did that make any sense?

Does anyone else try to grab a new egg when scroll locked to see if the new more eggs feature has kicked in yet? I can't seem to help myself to try every day

I have NO idea what you are talking about /skulks away into a quiet corner and tries to grab a fifth egg, hoping no one notices

Edited by Imay

OMG..I just hit the over 500 dragon(Gold badge) mark day AFTER this came out..I wont ever be able to keep myself in check now! xd.png

Rockin' On

way to go!

The sites down for maintenance? Will this be the new features, or not?

Edit: Th site is back up and nothing seems new. Carry on.

Edited by yellow_gellow

Apparently not... But I finally saw the cave with 0 users in it! biggrin.gif

Good question. If I had to guess, I'd say you'd just need to have an open egg slot, since we have the whole lock-link issue right now.

Basically, right now you can only Summon if you are unlocked, meaning you are able to pick up eggs or receive trades. Having 4 eggs means you are locked, for all intents and purposes. So, in the new system, being "unlocked" (egg-wise) would mean you have at least 1 less egg than is allowed for whatever trophy you have.

Did that make any sense?

Yeah, that was what I thought seemed more likely, too. I mostly breed anyway, so I tend not to really think of myself as locked when I'm not too locked to breed. Then I go to use a Summon and, oops, I need to hatch something first. tongue.gif It'll be nice not having that issue anymore (and having an extra slot or two besides! biggrin.gif )

Edit: Th site is back up and nothing seems new. Carry on.

TJ actually SAID in the notice about it that it had NOTHING to do with new features.

then again....

Good point about summon - I want an official answer. Though actually - if you CAN'T summon, the option doesn't appear, so I assume the safe way is to go to a legendary and see if it will allow you to !

i imagine you would just need a free egg slot for summoning once the changes are made. makes perfect sense to me.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I haven't seen it in the thread:

Does Teleport add a day?

I'm guessing probably not, but I'm curious.

Does Teleport add a day?

I'm guessing probably not, but I'm curious.

I think not, abandon add a day to the egg/hatchie for give them better chances to survive (if your egg/hatchie has few hours left and you abandon it you give a problem to the new owner, for avoid this a day is added). I don't see a reason for give a day to teleported eggs too (unless TJ has good motivations).

I'm wondering what'll happen if an influenced and/or incubated egg is sent by Teleport, actually. Will the BSAs "stick" on the egg or be removed?

Yeah, I really doubt they'll add time, but what I wonder is, if they aren't really on either person's scroll after the link is created and before it's clicked, will they still continue to lose time? Or will they just be in a sort of timeless limbo? Considering the link will be valid for several days (at least according to the posts about it I've seen), that could make a big difference.

Or will they actually still show on the sender's scroll until it's accepted, allowing the sender to post them on fansites? Because if it still appears on somebody's scroll and is able to get views and such, then it's not such an issue (although then you might run into trouble with whether or not the sender is still able to fog it, and what happens if the link is clicked while it's fogged... Hmmm, this is a stickier issue than I realized.)

Edited to fix a really stupid typo. tongue.gif

Edited by bionelly

I'm wondering what'll happen if an influenced and/or incubated egg is sent by Teleport, actually.  Will the BSAs "stick" on the egg or be removed?

I think that BSAs are removed on the AP eggs because you "don't know" the new owner and (s)he shouldn't be conditioned by your egg's management, but as you know the receiver and you take an agreement with him/her (aka you say to him/her all about the egg: if the egg is CB/L, the eventual lineage, if it's inbred, how time has, how gender is influenced) the BSAs can remain.

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

I think that BSAs are removed on the AP eggs because you "don't know" the new owner and (s)he shouldn't be conditioned by your egg's management, but as you know the receiver and you take an agreement with him/her (aka you say to him/her all about the egg: if the egg is CB/L, the eventual lineage, if it's inbred, how time has, how gender is influenced) the BSAs can remain.

I gifted an influenced egg last week and - well, I can't say for sure whether the influence HELD - but it did gender as expected/intended - we both thought it was worth a shot !

Timing - I would imagine the time carries on clocking down the whole time, before and after teleport. So if you are expecting a gift - pay attention ! (Unexpected gifts could be a problem, I guess...)