TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

A new question come in my mind! (Yes, I think a lot biggrin.gif). When we take an egg in the main cave we must wait 5 hours before abandon it. And if we want to trade/gift it with Teleport? We must wait the same or a less time/no time? What do you think/know about it?

Edit: I forgot to mention Teleport.

I don't know... I was under the impression that the main reason for the wait time was so that people wouldn't grab common eggs and then dump them in the AP to clear the cave, leading to the AP becoming totally clogged. Since teleport isn't connected with the AP at all, that reason for having the wait time goes away. However, if an egg you're teleporting stops counting towards your limit as soon as you make the link (rather than after the receiver clicks it), teleport could still be abused the same way if there's no wait. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Someone mentioned this question in the Rare x Rare Lineage thread:

Does this also include breedings during the week of Holiday breeding? And before you automatically say, "No, never means never!", look at this past Halloween. Pumpkins are Holidays, right? Yet, for a short time, TJ allowed them to breed with each other for Purebred Pumpkins. Now they are back to normal breeding. So.....

Will there be a chance of Purebred Hollies? Or Yule x Snow Angel crosses? At least during that week? Or possibly Purebred Marrows next year?

I thought pumpkins were ALWAYS able to breed true in their season. It says that on the wiki and always did... And the others cannot breed true as they are one gender only ! but I can't see where it says you can't have a Yule x Snowie.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I thought pumpkins were ALWAYS able to breed true in their season. It says that on the wiki and always did... And the others cannot breed true as they are one gender only ! but I can't see where it says you can't have a Yule x Snowie.

Halloween's Dragons and Christmas' Dragons are a different kind of dragon. Halloween's haven't a limit of their number on a scroll, have 2 genders and can breed with their own breed; Christmas' have a 2 limit, have an only gender and can't breed with other Christmas' as they are "rarer than the Halloween's".

This was the first ever Pumpkin Breeding Season, and 2nd Gen Hollys (and any other gen besides CB) can be female too.

Indeed, CB Hollys were all male. But I have a gen 3 and it was influenceable.

I've been lurking and not posting anything, but I'm really excited about these features.

Yay for limits! =D

Edited by isstiautng

Indeed, CB Hollys were all male. But I have a gen 3 and it was influenceable.

And you influenced it female? I don't think there are female Yulebucks and male Snow Angels, even if influence appear as available it fails. I know that 2 gen Hollies were females too, but it's possible have an offspring from an Holly pair?

And you influenced it female? I don't think there are female Yulebucks and male Snow Angels, even if influence appear as available it fails. I know that 2 gen Hollies were females too, but it's possible have an offspring from an Holly pair?

I didn´t influence it at all. I just checked if it was influencable at all, but decided to let it grow up as whatever it liked smile.gif

But Holly X Holly is not possible anyway.

I didn´t influence it at all. I just checked if it was influencable at all, but decided to let it grow up as whatever it liked smile.gif

But Holly X Holly is not possible anyway.

And it grew male, right? Yulebucks were created for being an only male breed, as Snow Angels are only female. All eggs are influencable, I think (never checked my only two Cheeses) but if they have a predeterminated gender/ungender, Influence will fail.

How we came here? HolidayXHoliday? I think we'll never have a Yulebuck+Snow Angel offspring (even if I'd like it too biggrin.gif a cute Christmas' baby wub.gif).

All eggs are influencable, I think (never checked my only two Cheeses) but if they have a predeterminated gender/ungender, Influence will fail.

if something only hatches as one gender or no gender, the egg wont appear on the 'influence' list when you get your Pink ready.. that way the BSA isnt exactly wasted :3

holiday x holiday(x-mas/v-day) would be adorable, but i wouldnt use it. it lowers the amounts of eggs that would be turned out i think. i doubt that one will happen.

Edited by ParticleSoup

I just had a dream that the Biomes were planted in Dragon Cave today, and I was getting randomly banged into biomes. The one I remember most is a Sandy Biome. Beach? Desert?

we can't have HolidayXHoliday because of the prevention of high chance to get rare or what?  blink.gif

no because Holidays only breed Holidays within season.

Holly X Holly would always refuse because they can´t breed all year.

Edited by Nalyua

If each individual Holiday can produce up to 4 eggs when bred in season, breeding two Holidays together would limit the maximum eggs available from the two dragons from a possible 8 to a possible 4. I'd think that's why they won't be breedable together.

I just read about the new features. It gives me shivers running up and down my spine making me tingle with delight

Thank you , this puts the excitement back in DC.

Maybe it would be some thing like this:

You enter the cave and see (num of biomes) tunnels branching off the cave. Each has a marking above it, those marking are ( the representation of each biome each of which is the link to that biome page)

Then upon entering the biome the msg that greets u could be:

You have mysteriously transported to (biome name) and you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings, sleeping on piles of gold. Near the entrance to the cave, there are three eggs.

But i guess we will have to wait and see tongue.gif

I see. Pretty cool idea smile.gif

Rare x Rare breeding

[*] Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)

TJ's already made it clear we're not going to be able to breed Holiday x Holiday.

I think it's because it would limit the amount of Holiday eggs being produced. Say someone has 2 Snow Angels and bred them together and got no eggs, then those dragons are both out of breeding attempts for the season but if you were to breed your Holiday x Common/Rare at least you've only used up one Holiday breeding attempt. I hope that made sense. Lol anyways..

I'm still really excited for all these changes. Can't wait for early December! (I really hope the new egg/hatchling limits are one of the first things we get!)

Edited by ayobelle

I'm still really excited for all these changes. Can't wait for early December! (I really hope the new egg/hatchling limits are one of the first things we get!)

Me too! It'd really help the people who've missed past holidays to catch up.

Me too! It'd really help the people who've missed past holidays to catch up.

Exactly! Plus it would help me not to be locked as much! O.O

If each individual Holiday can produce up to 4 eggs when bred in season, breeding two Holidays together would limit the maximum eggs available from the two dragons from a possible 8 to a possible 4. I'd think that's why they won't be breedable together.

And this is exactly why I didn't breed my Pumpkins together to produce a PB Pumpkin, but instead bred them to Pygmies.

Wonder if PB Pumpkin isn't going to exist next year, then?

And this is exactly why I didn't breed my Pumpkins together to produce a PB Pumpkin, but instead bred them to Pygmies.

Wonder if PB Pumpkin isn't going to exist next year, then?

I have been wondering the same thing about pumpkin breeding next year. Maybe the Halloween dragons are the exception to the rule?

well Halloween is about getting as much for yourself as possible. Vday and Christmas are certainly not. Maybe that´s why Holiday X Holiday won´t work for any other but Halloweens?