TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Also working up to my gold. I just recently(like, last week) got my silver trophy, and at 218, I have quite a ways to go.

I can't wait until all of these come out!

Anyone else been trying to rack up their total dragons to get the Gold badge ever since this was announced? I know I have laugh.gif Usually I just work towards getting more Reds, Pinks, or stripes I need to complete my scroll...but ever since this was announced I've kept a steady 5 eggs every time one hatches. I'm up to 421! When this was posted I think I only had 403 xd.png

I have been, I'm not quite to 400 yet so long way for me to go. Hopefully the new limits are one of the first features to come out so that I can work my way up to the Gold badge faster. I've mostly been trying to collect Reds and Pinks but I guess I should work on getting more Magis and purples too. I'm slowly but surely getting there!

Anyone else been trying to rack up their total dragons to get the Gold badge ever since this was announced? I know I have laugh.gif Usually I just work towards getting more Reds, Pinks, or stripes I need to complete my scroll...but ever since this was announced I've kept a steady 5 eggs every time one hatches. I'm up to 421! When this was posted I think I only had 403 xd.png

I had 55 total E/H/A with 47 adults when the announcement was made. I now have my bronze and am piling on for the silver, with 67 adults, 74 E/H/A. I'm hatchie locked and deliberately low on eggs in this lock, because I need cave hunting time to pick up more reds and pinks right now, rather than breeding more of what I have. I have 8 Magis, 7 since November 1. I'm so ready for new limits! smile.gif

I'm working on getting a gold bagde as well. Right now I have a total of 304 adults and all togeather (9as far as everything else)) I have 350. 200 down 200 more to go ((I think then again I'm terrible with math lol))

WB

I'm more of a roleplayer when it comes to the dragons I get, and I've made an effort to keep the ratios on my scroll consistent with the ratios across the site, so I have loads of commons and a gold badge. laugh.gif

This is so Exciting! I guess I better start collecting Magis!

I'm not trying for the gold trophy. I'd rather meet my scroll goal than get an extra slot, honestly. My goal is four for each breed (8 if they're like the dorsals, sun rise/sets, etc)...one adult of each gender, and one frozen of each gender. I probably won't collect ungendered hatchies, just because I wouldn't know where to put it.

I am extremely excited for teleport and biomes, though.

I keep wondering, how rare hunting will be if those interested in eggs have to split up into the different areas (water and others). Even with 160 people in ONE cave it takes a while for the egss to move.

AH, those good old days when an hourly drop lastet 7 Minutes at the most.

I am curious how it will develop.

Well, I'm not changing my scroll goal or anything, but I am working a little bit faster now so I can get to the gold. xd.png I have about 40 more to go, and I'm mostly doing frozen hatchies right now, so if everything genders right I'll probably be there in another month or so (assuming the new limits don't come out first; then it'll be even faster. biggrin.gif )

I'm pretty much perma-locked anyway... rolleyes.gif

But I'm workin on a silver!

I really want to see the teleport and use it but I don't understand well that thing of the eggs... unsure.gif

...have been working to increase my reds, pinks, magis and purples for the BSA's before the new limits arrive. I currently have 24 reds, 10 magi, 7 purples and 16 pinks. I could still use more pinks and purples but they'll come as time goes along....

i'm super excited to have all these new mods!! that's really awesome!!

question: i read the OP, but after reading the quoted post, are there going to be limits on BSA dragons?!?! cuz that sucks!!! i don't have very many, maybe 4 pinks and reds, and i think 3 magi, 2 adult purple dorsal. the cave is going to be crazy with people trying to get these eggs if this is true

EDIT: and i didn't read anything about a restricted number of BSA dragons per scroll in the OP...

Edited by misfitknits

question: i read the OP, but after reading the quoted post, are there going to be limits on BSA dragons?!?! cuz that sucks!!! i don't have very many, maybe 4 pinks and reds, and i think 3 magi, 2 adult purple dorsal. the cave is going to be crazy with people trying to get these eggs if this is true

EDIT: and i didn't read anything about a restricted number of BSA dragons per scroll in the OP...

I don't think so - I think people want to collect them so that they can DO stuff !

I don't see anything about new mods, we've got Sock back, biggrin.gif and there are no limits on BSA dragons. You should read TJ's post at the beginning of the thread, that details all the changes. The new limits refer to the new egg limits, not BSA dragons. We just want to add more BSA dragons to keep up with the new egg limits.

I've been trying forever to snag some of the older pink eggs, but ever since the Flamingo's came out, that's all I ever snag. I haven't snagged a CB pink in ages, so now I'm just breeding some of my own. I've gotten so used to getting locked with flamingo's that I don't even bother trying to get CB's anymore. It seems like the older pinks have disappeared, right along with CB blacks. sad.gif It's sad, as I was trying to stock up on some CB's of those breeds since I don't have many of them at all.

That being said, I'm happy about all of the new feature's TJ is going to add to the site, but I'm really excited about Teleport! I'm no good at the whole dropping and catching method, and haven't even bothered to try it for fear of losing the egg. Now, no more worries! smile.gif **squishes TJ** This is a major relief, and I can't wait to try it out! I'll be breeding my Xmas dragons, and will drop a couple in the AP, but I'm sure there are those that would like to be gifted a couple of those beauties as well! smile.gif It's a load off to know that the person the eggs are intended for will actually get them! smile.gif And I'm thrilled that I'll be able to gift some Marrow eggs next Halloween too, since quite a few people seemed to have missed them...

I don't see anything about new mods, we've got Sock back, biggrin.gif

Mods = modifications here

Also, the only one I am eager about is the scroll tabs. I guess I just like sorting things though.

A bit of advice for gold trophy hunters.. blink.gif

As one who KNOWS..just having all those EXTRA spots with a silver/bronze badge will open so many more dragon ideas/lineages/themes..etc;etc; you will be swimming in over 500 in no time wink.gif I Can honestly promise anyone who desires 500 + dragons on one scroll that it WILL happen..whenever,its only a time thing,which isnt a limit anymore(THX T.J!!**chases with a stinky cheese dragon who melted over my enbers)..I actually got my gold trophy like almost on same DAY as the NEW PREVIEWS were announced..and all I could do was think...huh?WWHHAT?500?? WHEN? HOW? WHY??..Sure..now its great to know Im not gonna lock my scroll every time I need a new release,etc;etc; .....

BUT..its gonna be opening YOUR scrolls so much,whether you have a bronze,silver or no badge at all!! 500 dragons is....alot.png of names that I actually know for most part..and my first two zombies are now part of it all..a huge mix of EVERY SINGLE DRAGON SINCE I JOINED...AND EVEN SOME FROM BEFORE DUE TO GENEROUD EGG GIFTING(BTW..I GIFT alot.png..but the more I give..the more I GET BACK!!) rolleyes.gif

Karma works BOTH ways,keep that in mind,and youll never want for anything in DC!

Happy Turkey Day!! tongue.gif

Rockin' On

No, the only reason people are trying to get them is because they'll probably be harder to get after the BSAs actually come out, since then everybody will know about them and be after them, instead of just the people on the forum here. There won't be any new restrictions on them.

No, the only reason people are trying to get them is because they'll probably be harder to get after the BSAs actually come out, since then everybody will know about them and be after them, instead of just the people on the forum here.  There won't be any new restrictions on them.

That, and to have enough BSA dragons adult and ready for when we have all those lovely extra hatchie spaces to move our Influenced, Incubated eggs into, and are able to Teleport gifts to people with problems catching...

Edit: I must say that I don't understand why some people like very short Drops - so many people then have no chance to hunt and personally I think it's marvellous when one can get into the Cave to hunt eggs at virtually any time.

Although the slow movement of eggs in multiple Caves was an issue that had occurred to me, in that either the ratios will have to be adapted more closely to actual user demand or have things chronically stalled, as simply making unwanted eggs move back in line after a certain period clearly won't work any better than cutting a length of string and tying the pieces together to make it longer...

Unless perhaps some solution has already been arrived at?

Edited by Syphoneira