TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Influenced Eggs stay influenced.

I once grabbed an egg from the AP and wanted to influence it, and it told me, it already was. And it was a fact, I didn't influence it, so somebody else did.

Hm, very interesting.

Still, in my case I know I didn't influence it, and it said it already was. Maybe it was just a glitch.

That IS interesting - I was told here somewhere that it DIDN'T - and that to be SAFE if someone wanted a specific gender, you had to go for a gendered hatchie...

Needless to say I can't find the thread.... It MIGHT actually have been in this one.

ninja.gif 'd !

Edited by fuzzbucket

I gifted an influenced egg last week and - well, I can't say for sure whether the influence HELD - but it did gender as expected/intended - we both thought it was worth a shot !

Timing - I would imagine the time carries on clocking down the whole time, before and after teleport. So if you are expecting a gift - pay attention ! (Unexpected gifts could be a problem, I guess...)

About influence, you were lucky! Congrats biggrin.gif.

About timing, as the egg/hatchie is in a kind of "limbo" I think the clock is frozen until it arrive on a scroll, as it's owned by nobody and nobody can provide it of views.

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

That IS interesting - I was told here somewhere that it DIDN'T - and that to be SAFE if someone wanted a specific gender, you had to go for a gendered hatchie...

Needless to say I can't find the thread.... It MIGHT actually have been in this one.

ninja.gif 'd !

No, the influence is removed. When you are asked for a specific gender, before transferring the egg you should wait it hatches, as gender is determined at hatching. After you can transfer it without fear of losing the influence, as it worked yet (or it failed, there's a small percentage of this).

About timing, as the egg/hatchie is in a kind of "limbo" I think the clock is frozen until it arrive on a scroll, as it's owned by nobody and nobody can provide it of views.

But it is still on the giver's scroll until the code is used. So.... (and as someone said - if the code is NEVER used it stays with you !)

Hm, very interesting.

Still, in my case I know I didn't influence it, and it said it already was. Maybe it was just a glitch.

I had an example of that too. I got an egg that I wanted to influence, but couldn't as it had already been influenced, so I tossed it back.

But it is still on the giver's scroll until the code is used. So.... (and as someone said - if the code is NEVER used it stays with you !)

I know that a teleported egg/hatchie doesn't take a slot on your scroll. Mah, we'll know when we'll have it. But if the egg is still mine until claimed, it can gain views? The receiver will have an hatchie, but I promise an egg, or an egg with few days remaining and 0 views?

I know that a teleported egg/hatchie doesn't take a slot on your scroll.

So, this has been confirmed? I know it was brought up as a possibility, but I didn't think anybody who would know had said one way or the other. If it doesn't appear on the giver's scroll, that does seem more like it shouldn't lose time, though.

So, this has been confirmed? I know it was brought up as a possibility, but I didn't think anybody who would know had said one way or the other. If it doesn't appear on the giver's scroll, that does seem more like it shouldn't lose time, though.

It was mentioned somewhere between here and the thread about Teleport, but the original writer can be in wrong, it's not official. But I think, if you send the egg and so it is no longer yours, why it should take a slot on your scroll?

I don't think anyone has said that before it's collected it doesn't take a space. I am pretty sure, too, that sock (?) said that if the receiver never accepts it, you are stuck with it.

If you give someone the code - you haven't YET sent it, as I understand it. It doesn't "take off" till the other person uses the code.

Edited by fuzzbucket

According to the original Teleport thread by TJ, Teleported dragons remain on your scroll until the link is used. If the link is never used, it expires when the dragon grows up, so obviously the timer continues to count down.

The thread in the BSA forum has some misinformation. In addition, though the above is how it was originally proposed, no one has said officially whether it will still work that way now that TJ has it all coded.

I couldn't quickly find the original Teleport thread in Suggestions as evidence.

I THINK the answer is in this thread and I THINK it was posted by Socky....

Found it:

If the eggs/hatchies aren't claimed, what happens to them?

Tentatively and unofficially, it stayz on ur scroll takin up ur space.

Edited by fuzzbucket

As the date gets closer to December I get more and more excited. Can't wait to see what shows up first! Thanks so much TJ and coders, if there are any helpers for that.

Anyone else been trying to rack up their total dragons to get the Gold badge ever since this was announced? I know I have laugh.gif Usually I just work towards getting more Reds, Pinks, or stripes I need to complete my scroll...but ever since this was announced I've kept a steady 5 eggs every time one hatches. I'm up to 421! When this was posted I think I only had 403 xd.png

Anyone else been trying to rack up their total dragons to get the Gold badge ever since this was announced? I know I have laugh.gif Usually I just work towards getting more Reds, Pinks, or stripes I need to complete my scroll...but ever since this was announced I've kept a steady 5 eggs every time one hatches. I'm up to 421! When this was posted I think I only had 403 xd.png

I already have the gold badge (I have 1373) but if I didn't, I'd be working on getting it too. smile.gif I am working on getting more reds for incubate - I have 26 adults and 3 red. eggs.

I've been busy, but I have 5 eggs now smile.gif

i've been collecting 5 of each breed since the middle of the year, so i've kept a steady stream of eggs growing up and hatching by collecting two every other day. sometimes i bred a fifth egg or grab an extra hatchling off the ap. I'm up to 391 items on my scroll. this'll rise higher once the new limits implement as i'll be able to grab two new eggs a day without locking myself, also i'll be looking for ER eggs and hatchies(ER or not).

The sites down for maintenance? Will this be the new features, or not?

Edit: Th site is back up and nothing seems new. Carry on.

TJ specifically said in the thread about maintenance that NO special features were being put in, just regular old maintenance.

I have to work on getting my silver trophy now!

Oh! I completely missed this as I'm not so active anymore and WOW, most of this lot are the features I've been waiting for! This will make playing /so/ much easier. I'm /so/ excited! =DDDD

(although I'm quite a few down on a gold badge. =S I'm gunna have to get a move on to get one in time (if it's even possible! xd.pngD))

Yep, I've been working for a while at getting six of each breed, with at least one CB breeding pair when possible. Gettin' close! For the ones with BSAs that I use a lot, though, I have a bunch of "spares" as well. :3

I'm up to... 428, now, if I count the hatchie and egg that're almost grown?

Anyone else been trying to rack up their total dragons to get the Gold badge ever since this was announced?  I know I have  laugh.gif  Usually I just work towards getting more Reds, Pinks, or stripes I need to complete my scroll...but ever since this was announced I've kept a steady 5 eggs every time one hatches.  I'm up to 421!  When this was posted I think I only had 403  xd.png

I'm working towards my gold trophy which will become a lot easier once the new egg limits come in...sometime. I have 343 adults currently but have been working to increase my reds, pinks, magis and purples for the BSA's before the new limits arrive. I currently have 24 reds, 10 magi, 7 purples and 16 pinks. I could still use more pinks and purples but they'll come as time goes along. I currently have four eggs/three hatchies -- two silver eggs (bred just this morning and a happy Thanksgiving to me!) a 2nd gen vine egg out of a CB Vine/CB Thunder, a 2nd gen PB green stripe egg as well as a CB skywing hatchie, CB Dorsal hatchie as well as another CB Magi hatchie. I just keep moving along trying to get everything to click into place for the new cave. Really looking forward to that day. smile.gif

Edited by Misha