TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

It hadn't been yesterday. But it may have been by now !

TJ would probably give us notice if this changed. Think of all the drama and whining that would ensue if he didn't.

Also I don´t think code catching would be disabled before Teleport actually kicks in. All the people missing is probably due to the lag.

TJ would probably give us notice if this changed. Think of all the drama and whining that would ensue if he didn't.

No imagination required. Think of the drama from the Mint glitch last week, then when the idea of Teleport first was proposed. Now add in a bit of when the Water dragons temporarily refused to breed with anything but other Water-types, and then mix in the normal drama that happens when Holidays are released.

Now double that, possibly triple it, and you have the Drama equivallant of what would happen if TJ didn't warn us first that the Get/Code was disabled. tongue.gif

I am still very excited about the new egg limit! I only need 21 more dragon to get my gold trophy and 30 dragons to complete my family! This will help me get there faster and if its all done before christmas thats one less thing to worry about. smile.gif

Im just praying Christmas is not as bad as Halloween was, I will cry if that happens.

Now add in a bit of when the Water dragons temporarily refused to breed with anything but other Water-types, and then mix in the normal drama that happens when Holidays are released.

Eeh?? When?? That's why my Water refused to breed with her Magi mate after two children? Finally I understand this, I should try them again...

I don't think that TJ will do anything without saying it to us, even in the past he gave always info about everything (like the epic downtime due to the server's disconnected cable laugh.gif).

Eeh?? When?? That's why my Water refused to breed with her Magi mate after two children? Finally I understand this, I should try them again...

I don't think that TJ will do anything without saying it to us, even in the past he gave always info about everything (like the epic downtime due to the server's disconnected cable  laugh.gif).

It was whenever the Deep Seas were released. All of a sudden all of the Water-type dragons started refusing long-time mates, but the Deep Seas were breeding with all of the Dragons. It only lasted a day, possibly two, but it caused an uproar, especially with the Water x Silver breeders. lol

Edited by Gyps13

Well to relieve everyone who thought TJ disabled code catching: I just caught an egg via code, so it´s just lag.

Teleport isn´t coming today then.

Ok, if this is true I repost my answer. Let's say that I haven't a badge. I already have 4 eggs (egg-locked) but, as I can take hatchies, I take all I can until the limit, so I have 12 growing items (4 eggs + 8 hatchies). But I forgot that an egg will hatch in a hour, the hour passes and now I have 3 eggs and 9 hatchies. The new hachie "takes an egg slot" (as the items are still 12) or, as I can have only 8 hatchies, it will be autoabandoned?

With the new system there won't be any crazy 4/5 lock rules anymore....just a flat out set egg limit and a set total limit. You cannot exceed either one, but they are not weirdly intertwined in the manner we have with the current system.

Under the new system using your example...

4 eggs + 8 hatchlings = 12 total.

1 egg hatches to give you 3 eggs + 9 hatchlings = 12

Even though you are below the max # of eggs (4) you are at the max # of total dragons allowed (12)...so you cannot add any eggs or hatchlings.

Next 1 hatchling grows up to give you 3 eggs + 8 hatchlings = 11

Now you have a difficult choice to make...

Do you grab 1 egg to get to your 4 egg limit as well as your 12 total limit ? or

Do you grab 1 hatchling to get to your 12 total limit?

:-)

It was whenever the Deep Seas were released. All of a sudden all of the Water-type dragons started refusing long-time mates, but the Deep Seas were breeding with all of the Dragons. It only lasted a day, possibly two, but it caused an uproar, especially with the Water x Silver breeders. lol

Mine was 2 months ago, so it's unrelated. I still wonder why they did this unsure.gif.

Ah, if someone is focused only on this thread and haven't noticed this yet, TJ added a new thread in News where he advice about a soon downtime due by maintenance and he specific that this downtime is unrelated to these new features.

Ok, so even if I fill myself with eggs and hatchies, I'll not lose anything as hatching eggs takes their own slot when becomes hatchling. Yay for total limit! biggrin.gif Thank you!

Yes, when you are locked at the total limit, if an egg hatches it still holds the same slot it held before so even though you are not "egg locked" anymore you are still "total locked".

4 eggs + 8 hatchlings (egg locked AND total locked)

3 eggs + 9 hatchlings (total locked)

2 eggs + 10 hatchlings (total locked)

1 eggs + 11 hatchlings (total locked)

0 eggs + 12 hatchlings (total locked)

NO..... 4 eggs is still the limit (and more so as you cannot get an extra by breeding after this comes in) until you have a bronze badge.

For new comers to the game who haven't earned a trophy badge.. yes they lose out on 1 egg, but they gain a lot with extra hatchlings. That more than makes up for the loss of that a single "5th bred egg". It won't take long before they reach the bronze level and can have a legit 5th eggs and even more extra hatchlings.

Now you have a difficult choice to make...

Do you grab 1 egg to get to your 4 egg limit as well as your 12 total limit ? or

Do you grab 1 hatchling to get to your 12 total limit?

:-)

A very difficult choice, I know... Well, I tell you what I will do in this case: I'll try to get an hatchie in the AP and after losing 2 of them or not seeing one for minutes I'll lose my patience and I'll go in the main cave (or biomes biggrin.gif) and I'll get an egg.

Seriously!!! i've been waiting for this forever. this is awesome! I cannot wait to use the features when they come out. My tiring, congested day full of boredom just got so much better.

A new question come in my mind! (Yes, I think a lot biggrin.gif). When we take an egg in the main cave we must wait 5 hours before abandon it. And if we want to trade/gift it with Teleport? We must wait the same or a less time/no time? What do you think/know about it?

Edit: I forgot to mention Teleport.

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

I was wondering, when we get binomes, will the cave change? Like will there be a picture of a forest if it's a forest binome? Or will it just say " You stumble into a forest to find some eggs." Type of thing?

i think pictures of the environment on the main cave would be awesome. It's going to be interesting to see how the front page will change.

Maybe it would be some thing like this:

You enter the cave and see (num of biomes) tunnels branching off the cave. Each has a marking above it, those marking are ( the representation of each biome each of which is the link to that biome page)

Then upon entering the biome the msg that greets u could be:

You have mysteriously transported to (biome name) and you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings, sleeping on piles of gold. Near the entrance to the cave, there are three eggs.

But i guess we will have to wait and see tongue.gif

You enter the cave and see (num of biomes) tunnels branching off the cave. Each has a marking above it, those marking are ( the representation of each biome each of which is the link to that biome page)

You have mysteriously transported to (biome name) and you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings, sleeping on piles of gold. Near the entrance to the cave, there are three eggs.

This. Pure awesomeness of an idea.

for anyone and everyone who s confused....

Egg/Hatchling Limits

* Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

* With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

* Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

* Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

so say you grab 4 eggs and have no badge, you are now locked, but if the four eggs hatch, you won't be hatchie locked, and can grab eggs, and have 12 total growing dragons, with bronze it ups to 5 eggs, 15 total, ect. It's times 3,

formula 8D n=number of eggs

nx3=total items you can have

In addition to this, I think the simplest way would be to change the background color of the page. Instead of the dark brown now, it could be blue for sea, green for forest, etc. It wouldn't put any extra time into loading the page, but it would be a clear indication of what biome you would be in.

My two cents.

A new question come in my mind! (Yes, I think a lot biggrin.gif). When we take an egg in the main cave we must wait 5 hours before abandon it. And if we want to trade/gift it with Teleport? We must wait the same or a less time/no time? What do you think/know about it?

Edit: I forgot to mention Teleport.

I´d think the wait time stays no?

Someone mentioned this question in the Rare x Rare Lineage thread:

Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)

Does this also include breedings during the week of Holiday breeding? And before you automatically say, "No, never means never!", look at this past Halloween. Pumpkins are Holidays, right? Yet, for a short time, TJ allowed them to breed with each other for Purebred Pumpkins. Now they are back to normal breeding. So.....

Will there be a chance of Purebred Hollies? Or Yule x Snow Angel crosses? At least during that week? Or possibly Purebred Marrows next year?

Edited by Gyps13