TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I got the impression from the post that there isn't a date set to release the new features...just whenever the testing gets done. Which there is no way to tell how long testing could take. So I guess we just have to sit and watch. *gets popcorn and settles in* biggrin.gif

which begs the question >> can't this be closed now?

I'm sure he will put something up when something happens xP.

OK,

10/10 - we got a new release,

11/11 - we got the announcement of new features,... so...

12/12 - will some of them be implemented???

Maybe? OH, TJ...

WHEN?? WHEN?? WHEN??

It makes sense. I don't doubt if the things are implemented 12/12.

Does anyone see logic to an 11/22 date for at least a couple of things to be released, especially if it's only going to be a few at a time? And 12/12 would be a follow-up date, also 12/21, 12/22/10, 1/1/11, 1/10/11 or 1/11/11. I just like to play with numbers. smile.gif

OK,

Maybe? OH, TJ...

WHEN?? WHEN?? WHEN??

Maybe 12/12 will be a new winter dragon?? Probably not, but hey! anything can happen!

I got the impression from the post that there isn't a date set to release the new features...just whenever the testing gets done. Which there is no way to tell how long testing could take. So I guess we just have to sit and watch. *gets popcorn and settles in* biggrin.gif

^ Pretty much this. It wouldn't be very fun if he put out a set date and then we discovered a bunch of bugs we'd missed and he had to go back and fix them and delay the date. Much better to just keep you all waiting. ;3

Onoez, moar people hunting for reds ohmy.gif

And when I thought I'd have a shot on a CB one with the biomes..........

No worries; it's a lot of info and everyone has questions. happy.gif

Biomes- It will be like having multiple pages like the main Cave. Only certain groups of dragons will be available in each one, depending on where that dragon would live. For example you would have to go to an ocean page to pick up a water, deepsea, waverunner, etc. and a volcano page to grab a hellfire, spitfire, or magma. (These are just guesses for the sake of illustration.) Looks like rares like golds/silvers/etc will show up on all of these new pages instead of being put in a specific area.

Yes, badges = the trophies at the top of your scroll.

And he means that you can have up to 21 growing dragons ( total eggs and hatchlings) on your scroll at one time, but only 7 of them can be eggs. So in the new system having 7 eggs or having 21 total eggs and hatchlings will prevent you from getting more eggs/hatchlings.

Hope that helps. happy.gif

Thank you it does help alot.png!!! smile.gif

Now I really can't wait! smile.gif

So if I have 7 eggs and for example 10 hatchies, I can snatch 4 more hatchies from the AP, right? So total is 21...

Did I got that right?

So if I have 7 eggs and for example 10 hatchies, I can snatch 4 more hatchies from the AP, right? So total is 21...

Did I got that right?

Yup. ^^

that means even if I have max eggs I can pick up hatchies?

Yup. I hadn't thought so, but a quote from TJ earlier:

You can grab so long as grabbing does not make you violate the limit.

If you have no badge, your total limit is 12. If you're "egg-locked" with 4 eggs, adding a hatchling will give you 5 total, which doesn't violate the limit of 12. So you can grab it.

It's a lot more lenient than people think.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry4504868

:3

Yop, this is new.

Something that always bothered me was that you couldn't pick up other eggs if you had 4 hatchies.

Now this will change.

For teleport, would we be able to teleport newly caught eggs from the cave?

I'll have to go test that again, but I think I could. :3

No- you would have to have one less than your max to pick up hatchies as the limit is x eggs/ xx total

-coughs and pokes towards earlier quote-

I was giving this out wrong earlier in the thread. ^^

I take back my initial aprehensions..there are so many amazing benefits to this..my little worries re:biomes/scrols,etc..seem pretty smal..

\On with the bigger & BETTER DC!! biggrin.gif

Rockin' On

OK,

Maybe? OH, TJ...

WHEN?? WHEN?? WHEN??

I think I know what will happen on 12/12 the breeding for the christmas dragons will start. It makes sense doesn't it?