TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

The site seems to be down! I went to check on my Magi's Actions, again, and the page won't load! Can anyone else check?

Glad it's not just me... wonder if that's related to tests of coding knocking stuff off, or if something's being put in...

It's almost like everyone is holding their breath, after all the chatter of the last couple days. Is it happening now?

Well, well, well... I was going to go to bed, but I think I'll stick around for a while now.

Edit: Piffle! I'm going to bed.

Edited by Draco Knight

And as soon as I snagged an egg on the Drops, I was overwhelmed by D & D ads and had a heck of a time getting out and back to DC - didn't even SEE a D&D ad at the time.

Wonder if THAT's a glitch issue due to code testing, or just pure advertising ebil...

The site goes down from time to time for various reasons. Just because of the timing doesn't mean something will always happen. :3

I would think it's going to take awhile anyways... unless he's already started coding before the announcement. For all the features he's implementing it sounds like a lot of coding.

The site goes down from time to time for various reasons. Just because of the timing doesn't mean something will always happen. :3

I know it was just hopeful wishing -lol-

I think that because of the magi dragons being able to use teleport, they might become uncommon since people will be snagging them. I snagged two just in case... ninja.gif

Yep! smile.gif I was pretty shocked myself to see this happen. I am especially happy with teleport! I'll be able to give! biggrin.gif and even get... smile.gif I hope TJ gets the things done soon though. sad.gif

I would think it's going to take awhile anyways... unless he's already started coding before the announcement. For all the features he's implementing it sounds like a lot of coding.

As the first post says, it's all already coded out, we're just still testing it for kinks and such. :3

I know.  I'm just trying to think of a way to make more people happy.  Perhaps somehow it could be coded to allow you to gift holidays to multiple people?  I do think it would be bad if they promised 4 people Holly Dragons and only had the possibility of getting them to one person for sure...

I think that the easiest way would simply be to put off activating teleport until January. I think that letting people teleport all the eggs in a clutch would go against a really basic element of the game where you can only truly dictate what happens to one egg. Even when the holiday clutches were held and people gave out all of the codes, at the end of the day, those eggs had to go through the AP and were available to everyone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that teleport should or shouldn't be put off, because either way is fine with me. But if there was going to be something done with regard to holiday clutches, then I do think it would be better to push back the teleport release rather than allow people to teleport multiple eggs from the same clutch.

I will say, though, that I think all of us made holiday trading/gifting plans at our own risk this year because this exact scenario was brought up during the teleport discussions months ago. I think we all just took a gamble that the system wouldn't be out this year.

I think that the easiest way would simply be to put off activating teleport until January. I think that letting people teleport all the eggs in a clutch would go against a really basic element of the game where you can only truly dictate what happens to one egg. Even when the holiday clutches were held and people gave out all of the codes, at the end of the day, those eggs had to go through the AP and were available to everyone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that teleport should or shouldn't be put off, because either way is fine with me. But if there was going to be something done with regard to holiday clutches, then I do think it would be better to push back the teleport release rather than allow people to teleport multiple eggs from the same clutch.

I will say, though, that I think all of us made holiday trading/gifting plans at our own risk this year because this exact scenario was brought up during the teleport discussions months ago. I think we all just took a gamble that the system wouldn't be out this year.

Well, putting off the activation until January would let down alot.png of people wanting to teleport rares and whatnot. And about the holiday dragons... aren't they only able to breed within their own specific holiday? huh.gif

Well, putting off the activation until January would let down alot.png of people wanting to teleport rares and whatnot. And about the holiday dragons... aren't they only able to breed within their own specific holiday? huh.gif

TJ never said it would be out before then anyway, did he? For all we know he never planned to implement it until after that.

And yes, they are only breedable during a specific window around their holiday.

As the first post says, it's all already coded out, we're just still testing it for kinks and such. :3

oops xd.png I guess I was so excited about all the new features that I missed that part!! Now I'm even more excited!! Yay!

Nooo not teleport. Atleast not until January. How else will I get any of the holiday dragons that I have missed in the last three year. Im used to catching many of my rares in the abandoned, but that will cease when teleport is implemented. I doubt I can trade for one since they will be in demand ;_;

but everything else looks freakin awesome!

Edited by BlazingTiger

*rubs her eyes*

AH MAH GAWD!!!

Seriously?? All these amazing features?

*dies of happiness*

Nooo not teleport. Atleast not until January. How else will I get any of the holiday dragons that I have missed in the last three year. Im used to catching many of my rares in the abandoned, but that will cease when teleport is implemented. I doubt I can trade for one since they will be in demand ;_;

but everything else looks freakin awesome!

On the contrary... holydays breed in multi clutches,and only one of each clutch could be traded, the others would auto-abandoned, if I got that right. So in fact your chance to catch one from the AP would be higher. I for my part hope that the new features will come before christmas... I'm very much looking forward to them.

Edited by Varnayrah