TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Well same with people with not with best internet connections?

I mean still the ones with fastest computers get the hollies.

Even if you PM codes to intended giftees, like I do with holidays, there are still LiTs.

And I have no control over the future mates of my eggs. I just want them to be bred and share the happiness. (and if you could kill a user for breeding your babies to messy mutts...well, I would be dead for a long time xd.png )

I just cannot imagine my Holly-eggs being simply dumped to AP, which is why I am considering to refrain from breeding.

Not even if the one who gets it will be totally overjoyed to have one of them?

I have been playing since autumn/winter 2008, love my dragons to bits and pieces... But obviously was not in time here to have gotten a holly. Also unfortunately don't have anything to trade that is worth one of them nor do I have friends who could breed one for me. If I would get one now this x-mas because there might be eggs dropping in the AP, I could assure you that really would make my christmas. I would be so incredibly happy and really treasure that egg.

So yeah, I can understand the frustration of people having promised eggs but might not be able to give them, but the majority of those hollies would go to to players who probably know their worth and treat them accordingly - and who might have not had the chance to ever get one otherwise.

Not even if the one who gets it will be totally overjoyed to have one of them?

I have been playing since autumn/winter 2008, love my dragons to bits and pieces... But obviously was not in time here to have gotten a holly. Also unfortunately don't have anything to trade that is worth one of them nor do I have friends who could breed one for me. If I would get one now this x-mas because there might be eggs dropping in the AP, I could assure you that really would make my christmas. I would be so incredibly happy and really treasure that egg.

So yeah, I can understand the frustration of people having promised eggs but might not be able to give them, but the majority of those hollies would go to to players who probably know their worth and treat them accordingly - and who might have not had the chance to ever get one otherwise.

Not not even then. Sorry.

As I said, my Holly eggs will be special to me and I simply can´t see them being dumped to AP. I wanted to give them to really special people whi did a lot of good themselves.

I´d rather not breed my Holly at all during season!

Edited by Nalyua

I don't know which of the features I like most. Probably the teleport and egg limit ones. I'm not going to state how insanely happy I am, since everybody already mentioned that. Just thank you.

hang on a minute i swear the limit for noobs like me was already 4 and what was this whole 12 thing all about can you have 12 egggs if 8 of them are inbreds or something???

hang on a minute i swear the limit for noobs like me was already 4 and what was this whole 12 thing all about can you have 12 egggs if 8 of them are inbreds or something???

I can't understand your post, proper punctuation might help.

Basically even after you're egg-locked you'll still be able to pick up hatchies.

so wait, is there even going to be a main cave left after the change? I can understand the usefulness of biomes, but I'm the type that enjoys having a random outcome when finding eggs; with eggs sectioned off, it gets less random as certain eggs aren't found (or less likely to be found) in certain areas. If the main cave is kept and there are different biomes apart from the main cave, I have no complaints.

Not not even then. Sorry.

As I said, my Holly eggs will be special to me and I simply can´t see them being dumped to AP. I wanted to give them to really special people whi did a lot of good themselves.

I´d rather not breed my Holly at all during season!

This just makes me so angry I can't even describe it.

I need to stop reading the Dragon Cave forums.

I can't understand your post, proper punctuation might help.

Basically even after you're egg-locked you'll still be able to pick up hatchies.

ha, ha, sorry about that.

you've made it a heck of a lot clearer for me.

thanks.!

This just makes me so angry I can't even describe it.

I need to stop reading the Dragon Cave forums.

Well I´m sorry if my opinion does not suit you.

However I am allowed to express what I feal as much as you are. Do you think I cannot understand how everyone would like a Holly? I´m not blind you know.

However a Holly is for me not something like a Purple, Water or Black. It´s special, and I bet everyone thinks their Holly is special to them. For me I decided to give my Holly eggs to people who are known to be kind and giving to others, who helped new people. And with the new Teleport this would be impossible. In fact for it it is af if the precious eggs were simply dumped off. And I don´t want that to happen.

This is not about not wanting to give eggs to others, this is about the way it is being done.

Oh wow... going to be interesting to see how these changes play out. Looking forward to it. Kind of sparks a new level of interest.

Well I´m sorry if my opinion does not suit you.

However I am allowed to express what I feal as much as you are. Do you think I cannot understand how everyone would like a Holly? I´m not blind you know.

However a Holly is for me not something like a Purple, Water or Black. It´s special, and I bet everyone thinks their Holly is special to them. For me I decided to give my Holly eggs to people who are known to be kind and giving to others, who helped new people. And with the new Teleport this would be impossible. In fact for it it is af if the precious eggs were simply dumped off. And I don´t want that to happen.

This is not about not wanting to give eggs to others, this is about the way it is being done.

Honestly people should SHARE the Hollies EQUALLY not be stingy and hold them off from everyone just cuz they want to hand them out to certain people only. That to me isn't the spirit of Christmas at all. That's just being self-centered in my eyes. I'm going to breed both my Yulebucks so others get them to and hopefully Teleport is put in before Christmas so I can give one to a friend of mine who has NONE. I'm not going to just give them to certain people. I'm gonna make it fair for all of them.

Honestly people should SHARE the Hollies EQUALLY not be stingy and hold them off from everyone just cuz they want to hand them out to certain people only. That to me isn't the spirit of Christmas at all. That's just being self-centered in my eyes. I'm going to breed both my Yulebucks so others get them to and hopefully Teleport is put in before Christmas so I can give one to a friend of mine who has NONE. I'm not going to just give them to certain people. I'm gonna make it fair for all of them.

I totally agree.

Isn't it simply kindness to drop one to AP? I'm sure anyone who gets a holly won't say it's the same as black or water. If you worry about newbies who would possibly get it and kill it, I don't believe that would happen. Usually more experienced users grab that kind of eggs.

If I was self-centered I wouldn´t give any eggs to anyone even IF I could gift each egg directly, just because.

However I planned to FFA them to some people who equally had none. This is maybe impossible. But an FFA is still something different than just having them dumped against my will. I know who catches and I can talk to those people.

A Yulebuck is not the same as a Holly to me. Just to make an equal example, who would drop an ND to the AP because they cannot drop it for someone they picked out? I bet the answer of many people would be " No Way!", now you can argue that they aren´t made like this but I wanted to use something of equal rarity. some dragons are just really special to their owners. And even if you don´t like that it needs to be respected.

Again: I can see howeveryone would like a Holly, as I wasn´t born with one on scroll either.

I´m not scraed anyone would kill them, but I want to know where they go, I want to know that the new owners are people who give something back.

Edited by Nalyua

I cant help myself but to start believing some people here believe pixels have feelings.

As for me, I will keep dropping hollies and julebucks and whatever evenbased egg is the matter of that time in the AP. SImply because I know how hard it can be to get an egg of prior years. And not everybody is brave enough to as people for an egg. Some are just too damn shy and their only chance is the AP. We dont talk about dogpuppies here. Those pixel will be fine on the server no matter if an untrained new user grabs it (and will be happily enjoying his heard out) or if its a selected person. If I fear one of my offsprings might get trouble to survive, then I monitor it and keep an eye on it until its grown, useing the "children" tags.

As for me I will always be happy to see one of my rares found a new owner.

Well, if I had a holly and I didn't know how I could get the eggs and the rightful owners, and if I because of that didn't breed the holly, I would feel REALLY terrible and empty. That's what a valuable dragon means to me.

And, anyway, when teleport is avaivable, can't we still use the usual trading system? If you don't want it to be dropped to AP by the action, in this case you could control it by yourself.

I'm reading about this Holly question, but I don't really understand the problem with Teleport. I understand that once you breed a Dragon (Holly) you gift its eggs with your Magis (I don't think that users that are so "old" to have an Holly haven't at least 4 Magis) to the people you want. I may be wrong so I'd like that someone explain me this.

I'm reading about this Holly question, but I don't really understand the problem with Teleport. I understand that once you breed a Dragon (Holly) you gift its eggs with your Magis (I don't think that users that are so "old" to have an Holly haven't at least 4 Magis) to the people you want. I may be wrong so I'd like that someone explain me this.

I guess it's just that the action can fail and the egg will automatically go to AP.

Thing is that as far as I understood (and I asked several others who understood it in the same way) that you can´t use Teleport on held eggs.

Now until you select 1 egg of a multiclutch all the eggs will be held eggs. That means you select 1 egg (which you can later Teleport) and all the others will Autodrop and won´t be catchable with codes ( just like repulsed Vampires)

And as far as I know AP-catching will be disabled when Teleport kicks in.

As far as understand, you have to have the egg you teleport on your scroll, and you could only take one egg from a potential Holly (or Yulebuck, or Snowangel) clutch to your scroll, and the rest gets auo-abandoned. Also, AP-trading won't be possible anymore. So, it would really be so that you could only gift one egg of a clutch, and the others would go to Ap to be picked up by whoever is quickest.

Wether I catch a Holly or no this Christmas, I really really will enjoy these new features - all of them, I'm especially curious about the biomies, and I looooove Fertility (started collecting Purples *lol*), so thank you very much, TJ! I can hardly wait to have it implemented biggrin.gif

I guess it's just that the action can fail and the egg will automatically go to AP.

I know that TJ at first said that there will be a little chance of failure, but recently he wasn't so sure of it. And people are creating all this drama for a not well specified little chance of failure? I know how an Holly is precious, but they are monopolizing them. If a kind user wouldn't abandon his/her clutches of Pumpkin eggs, I haven't had my first Festive Dragon, and I think that the same do other owners of Festive Dragons. Also, I don't think that an user that catch a lose Holly in the AP will not take care of it. Let's say I'm new and I find a never seen dragon (Holly); I ask to me "What's this?" so I search info and surely when I discover that they are really rare I have gooood care of them. And, we should remember, even AP trading has a little chance of failure. If you lose a Holly in AP trading what you do? Never breeding them again? I don't think so.

And as far as I know AP-catching will be disabled when Teleport kicks in.

As far as I understand it AP trading will be disabled either way cuz it's just really a glitch not an actual function of the site.

I am too very interrested in how the biomes will come out. I really have a hard time waiting haha xd.png

"Scroll Pages

* Each user sets how many dragons they wish to view per-page.

* User setting is applied for all scrolls that user views."

I think THAT is a really usefull thing too. Sometimes my browser basically dies on me when I look at the scroll of an older member and it tries to show me 500 or more dragons at the same time.

As far as understand, you have to have the egg you teleport on your scroll, and you could only take one egg from a potential Holly (or Yulebuck, or Snowangel) clutch to your scroll, and the rest gets auo-abandoned. Also, AP-trading won't be possible anymore. So, it would really be so that you could only gift one egg of a clutch, and the others would go to Ap to be picked up by whoever is quickest.

Wether I catch a Holly or no this Christmas, I really really will enjoy these new features - all of them, I'm especially curious about the biomies, and I looooove Fertility (started collecting Purples *lol*), so thank you very much, TJ! I can hardly wait to have it implemented biggrin.gif

I know that bred eggs stay on your scroll an hour before autoabandoning. You have all the time to advert your friend and he/she will patiently wait the autoabandon. A thing is an user that knows what will be in the AP before, another is an user that is catching what cames without knowing.