TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I know that TJ at first said that there will be a little chance of failure, but recently he wasn't so sure of it. And people are creating all this drama for a not well specified little chance of failure? I know how an Holly is precious, but they are monopolizing them. If a kind user wouldn't abandon his/her clutches of Pumpkin eggs, I haven't had my first Festive Dragon, and I think that the same do other owners of Festive Dragons. Also, I don't think that an user that catch a lose Holly in the AP will not take care of it. Let's say I'm new and I find a never seen dragon (Holly); I ask to me "What's this?" so I search info and surely when I discover that they are really rare I have gooood care of them. And, we should remember, even AP trading has a little chance of failure. If you lose a Holly in AP trading what you do? Never breeding them again? I don't think so.

It´s not about loosing ir or monopolizing them.

Would I invite like 10 people into a chat room to FFA my Holly eggs if I wanted to hog them all? The point is that I picked those 10 people for being the awesome and kind people they are compared to "Meh I shall breed and whatever comes out be dumped!"

And so the term "high society" has hit dragoncave.

I don´t know how it is high society if I invite someone to take part in FFA because they give out a lot of rares to newbies. I think this deserves something awesome.

It has nothing to do with hoarding or not wanting to give out Hollies to anyone.

And so the term "high society" has hit dragoncave.

I must ask what makes you say that?

Nvm xd.png

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I must ask what makes you say that?

Nvm xd.png

Imagine you had an ND, would you simply throw it to AP, because you cannot gift it?

I´d be curious on that answer really

I don´t know how it is high society if I invite someone to take part in FFA because they give out a lot of rares to newbies. I think this deserves something awesome.

It has nothing to do with hoarding or not wanting to give out Hollies to anyone.

I agree. I would have wanted to give Yules etc. to some people by FFA (not special collected people just people i have seen and would give a good home). But last year getting a Yule wasnt that hard.... there were a lot of them at AP, so i think i just abandon them all to AP.

But if i would be owner of Holly i would understand taht you would wanna gift a holly to a special people (usually people with none). And with high chance they would do same... so they would spread anyway.

It's same thing with rares. I want to gift them to people i know keep good care of them and it brings joy for them. But dragons are their dragons whose scroll they are.

Yes I would.

And I fear this kicked me out of the chance to ever get a seat in your prominent teaparty.

You sound like people who drop their eggs in the AP without knowing who gets them are bad people. I dont know if thats funny or sad.

Imagine you had an ND, would you simply throw it to AP, because you cannot gift it?

If they could breed and I had some to breed them from probably. Depends on how they'd breed if I had 10 or more of them then yeah I'd probably start gifting/trading/dropping. I plan on doing that once I get 10 gold dragons of my own to breed.

Yes I would.

And I fear this kicked me out of the chance to ever get a seat in your prominent teaparty.

You sound like people who drop their eggs in the AP without knowing who gets them are bad people. I dont know if thats funny or sad.

uh huh.

I'm sorry but i have kicked some rares to Ap without knowing who would get it and some i found later dead. So yeah i rather do FFA to people i know would apreciate one. And by that i mean truly FFA, not just for selected people.

And just for curiosity how long have you been at DC?

*says a person who gifts 2nd gen metallics*

Edited by Ollie

Yes I would.

Actually I am not like this as all. I just want to have people who gift a lot, are kind to others and so one have a pleasant christmas surprise with my Hollies.

I gift out more of my metals than I keep, and I can´t even count the Dorkfaces or Thuweds I gave to various people.

This isn´t even a question if I like someone. Giving someone a Holly is not the proposal of marriage. I don´t agree with every user even though they give a lot themselves, but I think it is a nice way to show you appreciate kindness and generousity.

As I already said, random charity is one thing, and Christmas gifts to certain people is another, and they don't necessary go together. One can give coins to poor, but wouldn't give them Christmas gifts prepared for parents and beloved, right? Would just give a present you bought for your mum to a random person at the street, not matter how happy you can make them?

Anyway, I want to clear one thing.

Not breeding Hollies as a protest might work, but I seriously ask people not to break their IOUs, if you made any. I understand that protest thing might be an excuse for people who just don't want to fulfil their promises, so.. just don't let it happen.

EDIT: sorry for offtopic, we should go back to discussing the news.

Edited by Outer Space

I'm not saying that you shouldn't gift them to kind users, but that there are a lot of well knowed and kind users that have Hollies in their wishlist and would do anything in change but they say themself "It's impossible to get an Holly", and surely you don't choose the people you are gifting to reading wishlists, but only between people related to you. This is wrong for me. If I have an Holly I'll gift egg to people that really want them without nothing in change, they aren't a prize. Only requirement, they should take care of them. Otherwise you do as there is a "donation egg", thing that TJ doesn't want.

As I already said, random charity is one thing, and Christmas gifts to certain people is another, and they don't necessary go together. One can give coins to poor, but wouldn't give them Christmas gifts prepared for parents and beloved, right? Would just give a present you bought for your mum to a random person at the street, not matter how happy you can make them?

Anyway, I want to clear one thing.

Not breeding Hollies as a protest might work, but I seriously ask people not to break their IOUs, if you made any.

This absolutely THIS.

I didn´t make any IOU about my Hollies, I had some people whom I wanted to recognise for being kind and generous and invite them to an FFA.

Actually I am not like this as all. I just want to have people who gift a lot, are kind to others and so one have a pleasant christmas surprise with my Hollies.

I gift out more of my metals than I keep, and I can´t even count the Dorkfaces or Thuweds I gave to various people.

This isn´t even a question if I like someone. Giving someone a Holly is not the proposal of marriage. I don´t agree with every user even though they give a lot themselves, but I think it is a nice way to show you appreciate kindness and generousity.

Well I just said you SOUND like you mean it that way.

Sorry but I have my 3 year old nephew hanging on my leg and he deserves a bit more attention. I think you ppl understand. < : )

*leaves*

Edited by jamew

If I had an ND that I couldn't keep then I'd actually be fine sending it to the AP. If the site gave me a bunch of any kind of rare egg meant for other players then I'd have no problem sending them off to brighten someone's day, even if it was someone I didn't know.

Having said that, I do think that if people choose not to breed it's their right. What's on a person's scroll is theirs to use however they feel it best fits into their game play. If someone never bred a holiday dragon they have because it's part of a RP and that would be out of character or whatever, then I wouldn't tell them that they should. That would just be about what the game meant to them. Some things in life are kind things to do. Giving random people a chance at the hollies is one of those things. However, just because someone isn't doing a kind thing doesn't mean that what they're doing is unkind. Maybe it's not the embodiment of the Christmas spirit to not breed a holly, but dog piling a player isn't exactly the personification of Christmas either.

I think we'll probably see a good number of hollies on the AP this year and more and more every year after. So I'm just going to enjoy all of these amazing new features and prepare my clicking finger. smile.gif

please... everybody has the right to do with their dragons as they want. If someone is comfortable with dumping Hollys to the AP for everyone to catch, great, I will be happy if I catch one, but honestly if I don't I won't die of dissapointment, after all it's just a game - and if someone is not comfortable with dumping them, that's all right, too.

I'm just happy about the new features wich, I'm convinced, will improve DC really a lot.

And judging from the sprites - I like the Snowangels best of all Christmas dragons so far released, so I really hope I can catch one or two of those biggrin.gif

I wouldn't compare a holly to an IRL christmas present. ;o

Anyway, after this discussin I'd feel guilty if I grabbed a holly from AP at Christmas.

But I'll be happy if I get a yulebuck or/and christmas angel. smile.gif

Edited by Bamboomonkey

I wouldn't compare a holly to an IRL christmas present. ;o

Anyway, after this discussin I'd feel guilty if I grabbed a holly from AP at Christmas.

But I'll be happy if I get a yulebuck or/and christmas angel. smile.gif

I´m not saying it´s wrong to breed Hollies and send them to AP randomely. Just as someone above said I personally don´t feel comfortable doing so.

You don´t have to feel bad at catching a Holly randomely in AP.

Just I think it´s nice to respect if some players (like me) had been hoping for an FFA among a group of people and simply don´t feel good with having the eggs dumped instead. There are so many ways people play this game.

I agree with you guys that there will be a lot more Hollies on AP this year and I wish you all the best of luck to catch them. I didn´t mean to sound as if I don´t want anyone else to have any, just I wanted to express that for me a Holly is so precious I´d not like the eggs being dumped onto AP.

I lost a Holly last year too, and I was lucky to get one as a belated gift on the last day of breeding. Yes I was sad someone else got it, but AP is fair game to everyone.

If you take care of it and can replace it, why you should feel guilty? If it happens to me, I'll try to find the breeder and promise that I'll gift an offspring to the user who lose it or, at least, I'll give it to the "loser", hoping that it will not be lost again, in change of an egg promise.

No one should feel guilty catching anything off the AP really!

It is free game afterall.

No one should feel guilty catching anything off the AP really!

It is free game afterall.

That's easier said than done. o; Myself I feel guilty every time I catch something I know is rare from AP, so I always post in LoT and if no one contacts me in two days or so I gift it to someone that doesn't have one (and I've had a habit the latest years to not click on rares that's on AP, just in case). Since I already have most of the rare dragons myself and know it's many here whom doesn't have any rares at all (well, it's maybe a gold dragon I count as I don't have even though I've three, but all of them are inbreed, so that's probably why I haven't bred them in a year or so, since I don't want to gift inbreed dragons to someone by mistake - sure, if someone don't care about inbreed dragons or the lineage at all I probably would try to get them produce an egg). But if someone contacts me and say they're the one who lost it I always try to give it to the one who bred it or the one it was to, since I know how it feels to be the breeder that tried to give an egg to someone but that someone missed it and since I know how it feels to be the one who tried to catch a gift but missed it.

And, another thing I've been thinking about all day now... The changes with the vampires, will that affects the vampires we already have or will it only affect those we get after it's "up and going"? (sorry if someone already have asked this, but I'm too lazy to search through the whole thread)

I´m not sure. I don´t know if it was recorded somewhere which Vampire bit what egg.

This all sounds GREAT! I can barely wait for all this to get implemented, it's like all the features I have ever wanted are actually going to come in the reality ~<3

Thank you TJ! I can only imagine how much coding it takes to make all this magic happen! 8D