Crisis

American Politics

4 hours ago, Suzan said:

souless, I'm old. I've been told off before you were born. Apparently, from what I did NOT read'/ obviously you don't get it. I made a comparison between me and her to understand that People are all the same. For me, In my soul, KNOW that Jesus Christ died for all people. She believs in God, and she knows all the stuff I do. She's had her babies. She like me has aches and pains. We stole this country in the first place ourselves. America is home to all, races  and religions. We don't own this land. But... I see both sides. It's not fair to anyone. I came from a military family My dad and uncles and husband  fought and died to protect our freedom . So if you're so inclined to feel free to say your mind and worship God however you want.  YOU'RE WELCOME  

I am willing to bet I am older than you are. I was going to ask who this was you were comparing yourself to, that believes in god and knows all the stuff that you do.

Just because your family fought does not make them perfect. My father was an Anglican minister, but I don't believe in god, and that didn't trouble him at all. We don't have to follow in our family's footsteps. If you genuinely believed in god, you would be accepting of others, of immigrants, of people in need. And you would suffer those in need to come to your country - as Jesus would have. Nor do I believe people are all the same for you. If they were you wouldn't have made such an appalling post.

3 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

Who is this 'she' you're talking about??? What did you "NOT" read and what did soulless not get? 

You made zero comparisons about anyone or anything to 'understand that People are all the same'. 

And, are you presumptuously assuming people are thanking you for the service to the country that the men in your life has done? Not the service that you did (since you apparently haven't served in the military by how you omitted yourself)?

You can't boast about "seeing both sides" and how "we don't own this land" when you're treating immigrants like trash. 

I agree. 

Edited by Fuzzbucket

OK I'm not reading anything from anyone. She is me in Her shoes. Needing help so bad. There will be help Jesus didn't draw the line on color. He didn't say 'all yall colored people over there, and all the whites over there. When He carried that big heavy cross till He just couldn't do it anymore. So the Black man who was also going to be on his own cross, carried Jesus' cross for Him. Jesus never saw color.  I pray every day . I . believe I'm going to Heaven when I die.  I've never called a racist a racist in all my years.. But right now it is a popular word. I have learned the law of the Universe. To treat others how I want to be treated. People pay for their sins. You don't respect others you will get no respect from them. ! PS. I think everybody needs a chill pill. lol sorry, but  haven't read anybody's messages. I have better things to do than this. over and out!

Edited by Suzan

So if Jesus didn't see color, why do you? If you believe that we shouldn't discriminate by color, and should have compassion for the poor and suffering, why do you feel threatened by immigrants? I'm glad you're faithful and that your religion has a big impact on your worldviews, and I respect your theology and your belief in following the golden rule, it's a lovely and essential rule. So please, I'd like to understand how South American immigrants are an exception to that rule. I wasn't intending to attack your religious views.

Also, this is the second time you've left this thread in a huff-- if you don't enjoy the type of discussion that goes on here, I recommend not reading it. There are plenty of other forums and social media groups out there that align more closely with your views, and you'll have a more positive experience there. There are threads and websites that I really don't care for, so that means I don't read them because I know I'm not going to like what I see. Taking care of yourself, knowing your limits, and curating your own experience on the Internet makes it a much more positive thing for yourself and everyone else. If I can't change your mind on how you view immigrants, I hope I can at least help you enjoy being online more.

IMG-20210119-WA0013.thumb.jpg.cbad96280c8677a582470f2c0cd2fb9e.jpg

I wonder if I can sneak out of the shop and watch online...

hehe, that's funny XD 

my local npr is airing it starting at 11.

i'll laugh if my boss sends me an email in the morning or calls in and says she's just going to take the day off..... XD (i mean, for her it'd be a day of mourning...)

I'm not running on Eastern Time, I'm a few hours behind the Capitol and will be watching it just after I normally wake up. I hope everything goes smoothly... I know they've beefed up security even more this year but don't want too much excitement first thing in the morning. I just want these next four years to focus on undoing all the nonsense Trump has inflicted on our country.

SomeMoreNews did an hour-long retrospective on the presidency. Here's a link to it if anyone enjoys listening to leftist absurd humor while folding the laundry like I do.

1 hour ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

I just want these next four years to focus on undoing all the nonsense Trump has inflicted on our country.

i want this too.

apparently, Biden has a few EOs lined up to undo a few trump things - undoing the Muslim ban, rejoining the Paris Climate Accord, to name a few.

wanted to post this, so i'm editing this:

Seasons of Trump by Randy Rainbow

Edited by trystan
to add vid

Finally we will have a real President. I am praying so everything goes smoothly, too many crazies out there. They even had to remove 12 National Guard members from the inauguration. I still cant understand how people keep supporting someone like trump, he lacks every aspect needed to be a decent human being.

I'm at a friend's watching the departure of the orange dude. Good riddance.

definitely good riddance!

tenor.gif

i'll be putting on npr shortly to listen to the goings on in Washington DC. yaay!

Didn't get to watch Trump's departure from the White House live since it was in the middle of the night for me, but man is it good to see him go. I'm watching the inauguration from livestream on my laptop and God is it hilarious to see butthurt Trump supporters calling Biden's Asian security guard "proof" that China is taking over, and the presence of the NG, which members of their party put there.

I didn't see that. I did see Lady Gaga next to Pence - he didn't like it.

it's officially official!

i'm listening on NPR.... and my boss is busy singing along to whatever music is on her computer. XD

first order of Biden being prez - share a moment of silence for all those who we lost from covid. hug.gif.29986af5883981a926cdc6a85d9b8904.gif

Edited by trystan

We have a new President! God bless America! God bless and guide Joe Biden!

What a contrast between his speech and the one given 4 years ago!

Edited by purplehaze

I missed it. 😭 

I really wanted to watch it.

But....🥳 

Thank the PTB that Trump's reign is finally over!!!!!

i'm sure it'll be on news sites as well as youtube, if you wanted to see it!

and you're welcome.  everyone who voted for Biden is part of TPTB that removed trump from office! :)

Edited by trystan
formatting

Congratulations America!

I'm a bit sad I missed the actual swearing-in ceremony - I didn't realize it would be before xx:00, and so I didn't interrupt a discussion we had here (so it's my husband's fault!, except that it's of course not his fault because I never told him I was planning to watch it), and I got back to the computer at what I thought would be "just in time"... just to find Twitter full of screenshots of Biden and Harris being sworn in. Ah well - hopefully there'll be another inauguration of a non-terrible president for me to watch live next time.

What does TPTB stand for?

Also missed the inauguration. Didn't realize it was happening during breakfast for me, of all times lmao. I'll watch a stream of it later, though. I'm honestly really thrilled by the fact that a horrible human like Pence has been kicked out and replaced by the country's first VP BIWOC Harris. 

@Confused Cat - yeah, i turned the radio on at about 11:35, and was surprised that it was underway already.  they said coverage started at 11, Biden would be sworn in at noon, so i thought i had some time.  maybe they did it earlier as a security measure? i don't know.

@ValidEmotions - The Powers That Be :)

I will watch the inauguration later on youtube, since there is a lot still going on and i dont want to miss that either.

15 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

I will watch the inauguration later on youtube, since there is a lot still going on and i dont want to miss that either.

i may rewatch it later. but i have tv shows back on tonight. :D

Surprised at how quietly he left. It does not reassure me.

It's like that kind of quiet that alerts you that the animals or the kids are definitely doing something they're not supposed to.

My brain is a bit confused that the top headlines aren't scandal and outrage today and doesn't know what to pick to read. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

4 hours ago, trystan said:

first order of Biden being prez - share a moment of silence for all those who we lost from covid. hug.gif.29986af5883981a926cdc6a85d9b8904.gif

Last night Biden had a memorial for all who have died of Covid at the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool.  It was touching and beautiful!

This'll be interesting. Trump became president when I was 16, which means he's really the first and only president I sincerely paid attention to growing up as an adult. Because before 2016 I was too young to really understand all this stuff when Obama was president. So a qualified president to me is like, I've heard about times where we've had someone qualified being president, but I've never fully experienced it myself. It'll be very different, but a very welcome change to what I'm used to from the past 4 years!