TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

yes it works just fine for me.

Agreed, for me too .

I used it an hour or so ago for the last egg and it worked just fine smile.gif .

Yes, it work, but don`t unfog it when it has enough views because it will be an hatchling instanly. I do the same on my Scroll often. smile.gif

Does that really work? (If so, I might try that after my four eggs hatch...)

Yes, it does smile.gif .

If an egg or a hatchling is fogged, they can't hatch/grew up, until you unfog them ^^ .

EDIT :

But keep in mind to look after them, because they will die, if their time is up .

If your baby has a lineage, the lineage is also unviewable for everyone, if it's fogged .

Edited by Shichibi

Mine are still running around 500 - and I have them on SO many fan sites.... Where did you list yours ?

Mine (all incubated) hatched this morning. In the end I had them on:

Dragonnery, Daily Dragon Fix, Egg Drop Soup, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's Lair, Eggs Around The World, The Allure of Neglected Dragons, Sunny Side Up, Boiled Eggs and Dragon Cave Focus. And for two of them I still had to add them to Dragonnery's ER and Jaemia's ER once they dipped under the 4 day mark. They hatched between 900 and 1,200 views with between 500 and 530 UVs.

It was getting views that was so hard, I guess it must be down to the site still being incredibly laggy that's making the hatcheries slow. Normally if I'm incubating I only use the first three and maybe for the odd egg have to ER at 3d 23H, but I've never had to resort to ten sites just to get a fairly normal amount of views before.

The three that I incubated hatched overnight, not sure when -I didn't stay up tongue.gif .

But the views have started to build up. I am sure the extra lag affected the fansites. Everything seems to be running faster now so views will start to build up normally.

I only use Jameia when( if ) I er, never had a problem .

Edited by dragonpuck

Thanks for the fogging answers, everybody. smile.gif

I was thinking of using it on a hatchling actually, after my four eggs hatch, which should be around tomorrow this time. Then I'd have room again for eggs, but would still be logged, if I understand it correctly, because of four hatchlings so I thought I'd rotate them in and out of hiding...

And beginner question again: can you give hatchlings away as well, or only egg? >_<

I just added my eggs to even more fansites! lol One of them has a tiny crack in it...I swear, the new babies, S1's, remind me of roadkill...something that got squashed, but is still alive... Aw, they're cute though in their own weird way... **pets eggs** I bet the adults are going to be really cool! I'm not freezing any of these! smile.gif

Edit: You can give hatchlings away, but only if they're unnamed! smile.gif

I love your big spider! biggrin.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I was thinking of using it on a hatchling actually, after my four eggs hatch, which should be around tomorrow this time. Then I'd have room again for eggs, but would still be logged, if I understand it correctly, because of four hatchlings so I thought I'd rotate them in and out of hiding...

And beginner question again: can you give hatchlings away as well, or only egg? >_<

Yes you can abandon hatchlings as well as eggs smile.gif .

Oh and fogging is also used, if your egg or hatchling is sick .

If they're sick, just fogg them 24h and it should be fine again happy.gif .

you can give away eggs and unfrozen hatchies.

I just saw I won´t be here when the Halloweens grow D: Bummer

Yes you can abandon hatchlings as well as eggs smile.gif .

Oh and fogging is also used, if your egg or hatchling is sick .

If they're sick, just fogg them 24h and it should be fine again happy.gif .

Thank you again.

And then, depending how their genders come out, I might give away a hatchling... like, if it's a 1 : 3 gender ratio or so.

I joined last December, so I have no idea if new dragons come out on Thanksgiving, but honestly, I really hope not. After this last nightmare release, I hope it's Christmas before another dragon is released! O.o I think I'm still exhausted from 10 hours of trying to snag the halloween eggs! ha ha

Thank you again.

And then, depending how their genders come out, I might give away a hatchling... like, if it's a 1 : 3 gender ratio or so.

That's pretty nice of you happy.gif, I would keep mine though ... my right arm got nearly killed for those eggs xd.png !

Oh and what Nalyua said is right : Only unfrozen hatchlings can be abandoned, but you can release the frozen ones into the Wilderness .

EDIT :

If they're frozen, they count as adults, but can't use any BSA though, but they don't take a hatchling slot anymore smile.gif .

Edited by Shichibi

ugh why is it still laggin? there's only 500some on. When that's never caused issue before... sad.gif Damn this to hell. I can't even fansite eggs.

Mine (all incubated) hatched this morning. In the end I had them on:

Dragonnery, Daily Dragon Fix, Egg Drop Soup, Valley Sherwood, Silvi's Lair, Eggs Around The World, The Allure of Neglected Dragons, Sunny Side Up, Boiled Eggs and Dragon Cave Focus. And for two of them I still had to add them to Dragonnery's ER and Jaemia's ER once they dipped under the 4 day mark. They hatched between 900 and 1,200 views with between 500 and 530 UVs.

It was getting views that was so hard, I guess it must be down to the site still being incredibly laggy that's making the hatcheries slow. Normally if I'm incubating I only use the first three and maybe for the odd egg have to ER at 3d 23H, but I've never had to resort to ten sites just to get a fairly normal amount of views before.

I have them on all those except Neglected (CAN you put them there before they are ER ??) and Daily Dragon Fix - because I don't want to sign up.... But I also have them on Evina's Draghatch, so that evens up !

Is it cave lag causing this - if not what ?

Well, I abandoned a Pumpkin Hatchling, since the other one gendered right. I hope it goes to a good home.

As for the Halloween eggs, I can only hope I can get another of them in the AP. That would be nice.

I joined last December, so I have no idea if new dragons come out on Thanksgiving, but honestly, I really hope not. After this last nightmare release, I hope it's Christmas before another dragon is released! O.o I think I'm still exhausted from 10 hours of trying to snag the halloween eggs! ha ha

Thanksgiving is a regional Holiday. That means it´s really only celebrated in the USA.

Halloween, Valentines Day and Christmas are not exactly world-wide but they are at least much better known all over the world.

So there was (at least until now) no release on any other Holiday than Christmas, Vday and Halloween.

Thanksgiving is a regional Holiday. That means it´s really only celebrated in the USA.

Halloween, Valentines Day and Christmas are not exactly world-wide but they are at least much better known all over the world.

So there was (at least until now) no release on any other Holiday than Christmas, Vday and Halloween.

Excuse me - but we Canadians (I am dual resident/dual national) had ours WEEKS ago. biggrin.gif Thou shalt not be Amerocentric !

I lived in Canada and have never seen any Thanks Giving celebration there. So: Sorry xd.png

I have them on all those except Neglected (CAN you put them there before they are ER ??) and Daily Dragon Fix - because I don't want to sign up.... But I also have them on Evina's Draghatch, so that evens up !

Is it cave lag causing this - if not what ?

I think it has to be the lag. I'm having the same problems with getting views despite using 10 different sites.

I think Thanksgiving or some kind of harvest feast is more common around the world than Halloween and Valentines together (at least in tradition - when it comes to commercializing it's a different picture of course).

Since when isn't 1100 views plenty enough to get a hatchy anyway? I mean, I know it isn't 400 like way back but the number has tripled!

I think Thanksgiving or some kind of harvest feast is more common around the world than Halloween and Valentines together (at least in tradition - when it comes to commercializing it's a different picture of course).

Yeah But Halloween and Valentinesday and even Christmas have dates that are either the same all over the world (where they know this) or (in case of christmas) are relatively near around one date (Cristmas ranges from 6th December until New year I believe).

While harvest celebrations are more widespread around the year depending on what you harvest and how the climate is.

Hmm. There's such a large gap in my eggs stats. At least the bottom two have finally started to crack now. The others have holes already.

Excuse me??? What do you mean getting up so late??? blink.gif

I got up before 5 am on the 31st (living in Switzerland, at the moment 5 hours ahead of DC time). I stayed on the comp for 15 hours on and off (I have four dogs so they needed some exercise). I planned to catch for 12 scrolls, all I got was one egg, I was trying on my old computer and a new laptop, at the same time, using dial up on one and a remote connection on the other.

On the 1st of November I had to get up at 4:20 am my time to go to work! So I had to go to bed some time in the evening to get about 5 hours sleep so I actually could do some work. Some people have to earn a living you know! rolleyes.gif

If I had known about 6 eggs dropping late into Halloween, I might have gone up before 4 am on the 1st, but as I wrote, it was introduced too late for me to know about it.

Ah, you confused me because in your first post you only mentionned getting up at 4:20am on Nov 1.

I'm sorry you were unable to catch the new dragons then sad.gif

That's pretty nice of you happy.gif, I would keep mine though ... my right arm got nearly killed for those eggs xd.png !

Oh and what Nalyua said is right : Only unfrozen hatchlings can be abandoned, but you can release the frozen ones into the Wilderness .

EDIT :

If they're frozen, they count as adults, but can't use any BSA though, but they don't take a hatchling slot anymore smile.gif .

Well, if they come out gender even - 2 : 2 - then I'll probably all keep them (but then I'll breed next year) or maybe even if it's 3 females and one male, but I figure if I get 3 males and one female, I really don't need three boys. tongue.gif

Or at least not if the need to breed with their own kind.