TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I love the sprites for these dragons and I don't care what the description for them says: they ARE cute. Like baby birds...that have been skinned xd.png

And I SO am giving them Poe-based names.

So are they Reapers or Nightmares? I like the Nightmare name myself but I could always name one after a god of Death...

O U

They may be toast now... but MARK MAI WURDZ SOCKY. YE WILL BE TOAST WHEN DEY WANT FOODZ. Whuttttttttt??? Who iz responzibl fer spoilin dem D< *takes out pitchspork*

@Others: A very very enthusiastic you're welcome from us to you <3

thank ya for the nice dragons, can´t wait till they grow.

wups, one of TJ's hatchies died o.o;

love the eggie and hatchies, can't wait to see the adult ^^

No, just be on when no one else is. That's how I got my paper dragon. I got lucky. *is so proud of her rare* Or the AP. That's where I get most everything.

I thought on halloween dragons, and other holiday - dragons...

I just love these so far!! *stares at eggs* Hatch already!! I want to see you all grown up. They will get some wonderfully macabre names.

O U

They may be toast now... but MARK MAI WURDZ SOCKY. YE WILL BE TOAST WHEN DEY WANT FOODZ. Whuttttttttt??? Who iz responzibl fer spoilin dem D< *takes out pitchspork*

@Others: A very very enthusiastic you're welcome from us to you <3

Seriously: thank you and Dovealove very much.

Those dragons are adorable! I don't know what the concept is, but anyway, both stages look so cool with that twisted kind of beauty, you know. There's smt evil among them (in a good sense) which really attracts - the way demons, witches or vampires are attrative in the movies and games, - and this attraction of the uncanny is done perfectly!

My best congratulations with the awesome work!

I thought on halloween dragons, and other holiday - dragons...

Oh. I got one at like 2am my time which is like 4-6am cave time I guess. But that's after trying for hours and then again the next day I tried but I only have like 1 hour and didn't get a second.

My computer royally sucks even not on lag days but I get lucky every once in a while.

I totally missed the drop! *cries* does anyone know if theyll be able to breed? I want one so bad....*sighs*

I totally missed the drop! *cries* does anyone know if theyll be able to breed? I want one so bad....*sighs*

no one knows as long as they don´t grow

Yes, it's always sad. But everything was done to work it out.

Btw, this Halloween was very strange, because a lot of local networks were just dead all the day with the lag. At the beginning I simply couldn't load anything, and needed help; then, during the day DC worked for me, and I helped others, but at the evening it died for me again, and I saw same 6 codes for half an hour. xd.png

Besides, I know a lot of normally really good catchers who needed help this time, and a lot of ordinary catchers who offered help, cause DC has been working properly for them. So, people still like to share holiday cheer, and it's cool!

A lot of people wrote it was the first time they caught event eggs themselves so easily.

So, you see, everything is in a balance tongue.gif

Well, that's obvious: because it's Halloween dragons cool.gif

yes that's a good summation. really you just have to try at different intervals until you find the time the cave is working for you fast enough to catch anything.

I tried a few hours right at midnight as the eggs were released and couldn't catch anything. Then I tried around noon and no success again. Finally about supper time I tried and finally was able to catch 4 eggs.

The number of people in the cave and the lag hadn't changed, but I think finally enough people with faster connections had gotten their eggs and I now had a shot at getting mine.

Slower internet connections are tougher to deal with but its not impossible. And the worse case scenario is you can get someone else to catch for you if your connection really is absolutely too slow.

I surely had quite a bit of trouble with the lagmonster at midnight last night up until evening. Even my internet isn't the fastest. I definitely had no luck grabbing any of the new eggs due to it. However, it must've just been out of luck with the lagmonster not affecting me very briefly at the AP, but I was very fortunate to grab my first silver egg there.

I think the lagmonster didn't look at me again this evening when I attempted one of the new eggs but got me right at the moment when I tried. I ended up closing the tab, reopened DC, and found one of the new eggs in my scroll.

I usually go with the tendency to have two of each dragon, but this year I got one new egg and two pumpkins so I am happy enough.

I do feel horrible of the dragons I tried to turn into zombies and all failed. I am surely never gonna do that again. That message alone just stabs me in the heart.

well, grabbed four new eggs, bred three pumpkins, 90 treats, and so yeah, awesome Halloween night for me. biggrin.gif

Thanks T.J, this was an awesome event :3

Whew! Not a bad haul. Filled up on eggs, bred two pumpkins (which I hope went to good homes), and somehow managed to snag all the treats. Happy Halloween, everyone! And thanks to all who made it possible~ <3

I had a hell of a halloween (6) *Ironic*

Caught 21 eggs during the day (ofcourse only 4 for myself), bred my pumpkin (i managed to catch one 1 hour before end of holliday last year, what made me practice my catching skills) and got all my treats.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I love hollidays

thx TJ and the Spriters, you did a wonderfull job. I just love them

Edited by Dolphine

I'd like to thank my catcher for being so awesome. With my internet being the way it has been these last few days there is no way I could have caught any myself.

It was absolutely impossible for me to get one dry.gif

Too much lag the whole day ...

Me too :-(

About one minute for a site refresh...

I would be glad if next year it would be better...

I only had one Pumpkin to breed so no pure Lineage for me. *doesn't mind*

Lagmonster was everywhere, and the top left egg ALWAYS caused an error when i clicked on it for some reason. So finally I just started going insane with the F5 button until lo and behold: an eggy! The second came just as I yelled a cussword at the screen ^^; Lol. It came when called! xd.png

So i bred my Pale Mountain Breeze one so I can freeze the hatchling and got myself a CB Ember. I now have five total and want to start a Fire God Line...

Me too :-(

About one minute for a site refresh...

I would be glad if next year it would be better...

Hopefully you'll have more luck next year. Last year I didn't manage to get any pumpkins, but this year I got three of those from the AP and four of the new ones from the cave, all on my own. So it can happen smile.gif

I didn't manage to get any Pumpkin or any Halloween 2010...so sad :'( All the day I was refreshing on the cave to get one of them but my connection was too slow T_T

EDIT: if someone would be nice and breed/release one for me, just PM me...I can breed all except legendaries. I have vampires too.

Edited by Nina-chan

Hey..

Something is wrong sad.gif I've killed 3 hatchlings about 20 hours ago to get zombie, and I've tried to catch new eggs but it shows only an information: 'You decided that 5 hatchlings (...)'. 5, 6, 7 hours after killing my poor hatchlings it's still the same problem, even today it's still informing me that I have to many hatchlings... I tried to log off, refreshing a site but nothing helps. Now I still can'y catch an eggs or hatchies.. and.. the event is over... ;( ;( It's not fair... ;(