TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

To those who don't have any of the new Halloween egg... Just check the trade threads, there are a lot being offered... alot.png

Every single one of us is 'deserving'. Everyone has the same shot at everything. What is the problem here? Yes, I would have been upset had I not gotten any eggs, but hey, I would have shrugged it off, and waited until next year to get some, just like I did with the pumpkins this year. I don't begrudge people what they have on their scrolls. Hell, I would LOVE to have just ONE gold dragon, but do I? No. Some people have a dozen or more. So what?

Edit: I hope we get teleport. I would have been more than willing to catch a couple of eggs and give them to others, but I don't mess with the whole catch thing, I'm no good at it. sad.gif It would be nice to have a nice, quick and easy way to transfer eggs. I love to give, but with our current system of doing it, I'm hopeless!

Edited by MedievalMystic

Every single one of us is 'deserving'. Everyone has the same shot at everything. What is the problem here? Yes, I would have been upset had I not gotten any eggs, but hey, I would have shrugged it off, and waited until next year to get some, just like I did with the pumpkins this year. I don't begrudge people what they have on their scrolls. Hell, I would LOVE to have just ONE gold dragon, but do I? No. Some people have a dozen or more. So what?

I remember my first gold. It was a gift from someone I didn't even know. Some users are kind enough to gift rare eggs.

Shihaya, I think I love you! xd.png ha ha ha ha Chill out, Elric...

Edit: Every single person on DC who went through this nightmare, deserves their eggs. People were snagging them EASILY...I didn't begrudge them that, I just did what I had to do for myself. I wasn't the least bit upset that people were snagging 4 in 10 minutes! lol Good for them!

As she said, to Shihaya. smile.gif

For the event, I was lucky to get all the eggs I wanted, for myself, for a friend, and for some people from the thread, so for me, the "egg hunt" was great fun.

Lag and such, I do feel sorry for those who suffer from it badly, but unfortuantely, that's a fact of online live.

Thank you TJ for the great event! Such a lot of things to do, and the treats were so cute!

At first I thought I'd never get a Halloween egg as I tried for eight hours without success, but after Kaptura took a looong time to catch me one (*hugs and thanks*), TJ set up the six egg drop, and then things were easy and I did not only get my contingent, but also managed to catch eggs for a couple more people. smile.gif

I also managed to breed my Pumpkins, but there I was less successful, and I got only one egg that I now will keep for my lineage. I was a bit sad as I wanted to give many away Pumkins for others, but hopefully next year will be more successful in breeding them.

To Elric: It is always wise to time your breeding to be unlocked for holiday events, just in case. Even if there is nothing explicitely anounced, just keep 4 egg slots free to be sure. I bred my Pumpkins the very minutes it was possible so that I could be sure to have them as hatchies at Oct 31st and thus have an unlocked scroll.

About the zombies - it looks there was a 20-25% chance to get one from the success stories I heard. Last year I got one zombie hatchie from 5 attempts, this year it was 1 zombie adult from 5 (as one dragon revived and freed a kill slot again - I won't count all the guys and gals that successfully dodged!). But hell, I felt bad about killing the poor pixels!

Okay, once more thanks a lot for the great, if very stressful event!!

Edit: I saw sat it - the hatchies are dead? This must be the coolest thing ever! I can't wait to see how they are as adults. Now we have truly undead dragons other than the zombies it seems! That is a stroke of genius!!

Edited by Astreya

LOL They died of sickness! Oh, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Pft. TJ will probably use his magical admin powers to revive them though~

Edited by Dashidragon

Why did TJ's hatchies died?? o.O I haven't been reading this topic for a while. Why?

Don't worry, he can revive them. They probably died from too many views tongue.gif

Yes, they certainly are! smile.gif As for yesterday, people spent hours of their time and effort catching for other's, which they did not have to do. A lot of people that would have been eggless but for these generous, giving players, are very happy right now! Major kudo's to all you guys! smile.gif

Actually I think we have an undead species of dragons here. So cool!

xd.png My first thought was, that they might be like zombies, shows as tombstones on each 31st of the month, something like that. xd.pngD

Why did TJ's hatchies died?? o.O I haven't been reading this topic for a while. Why?

Yikes! We killed them from too much views T_T

I doubt we'd have another undead species like the zombies. It wouldn't make much sense :/

Ineed to cross my fingers for influencing smile.gif

My first pair will hatch at Midnight EST as I got then in the first drop and incubated them!

Good luck with that.

I have to admit I want to see what the adults look like already.

The hatchlings I think look very very creepy in a very nice halloween fashion.

Well, we will see what will happen with the ones we caught. If these here just died of sickness, I wouldn't worry about them. TJ is the Great Dragon Master of the Cave and has the power about life and death here. biggrin.gif

I doubt we'd have another undead species like the zombies. It wouldn't make much sense :/

I think they're just dead tongue.gif

BTW, if you look at the codes GHST, Dead and Bone, I think they might very well not be truly alive after all. ^^

Edited by Astreya

BTW, if you look at the codes GHST, Dead and Bone, I think they might very well not be truly alive after all. ^^

Nah - they really have just died from too many views. On each hatchie's page it says they died from sickness. Too many people have been gawping at the poor wee dears!

Ooooh, I`ve missed the halloween eggs. Can someone please tell me, if they are still available, how much they are, only one ore more. Can see three RIPs at the first site, what does this mean??? This was surely asked before, but I cannot read 192 pages rolleyes.gif Hope someone can answer me pleeease.

Ooooh, I`ve missed the halloween eggs. Can someone please tell me, if they are still available, how much they are, only one ore more. Can see three RIPs at the first site, what does this mean??? This was surely asked before, but I cannot read 192 pages rolleyes.gif Hope someone can answer me pleeease.

They're not still dropping in the cave.

You might be able to find someone to trade with, try the DC IRC trade channel. I dunno what people would want in return though.

They died of sickness - too many views. TJ will revive them soon, I expect.