TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Come to think of it... This is the first Halloween where I actually caught anything xd.png

I appreciate the Halloween fun here on DC, appreciate TJ and the wonderful artists for all of their hard work in creating those lovely little treats, and of course, the wicked new dragon...but honestly, this was the release that bred insanity. I don't want to go through that again anytime in the near future. It took over 10 hours for me to get 4 of the new eggs. At the end, I felt like I had been through a war. I've never dealt with anything like it here, and hope I never do again. As much as I appreciate the event, I am so glad it's OVER. lol

yes YOU'RE Happy it's over because you HAVE FOUR NEW EGGS.

most of us got Nothing.

Edited by Elric

we were fooled into thinking nothing else was coming.

thus My asking for an Encore. would it hurt everyone so much to bring em' back for a day?

"We" were fooled? I don't think very many people believed nothing else was coming. It's pretty much a given here at DC that a new egg will be released on Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's day, and that holiday dragons from that year's previous holiday will be breedable. Plus the "And so it begins..." news thread was abound with people mentioning their excitement over the new egg.

I don't think it would hurt anyone to bring them back for a day, but since TJ didn't fool anyone into believing anything, I don't think it's likely that there will be an Encore. Even this past Christmas, when the wording of TJ's Christmas post led people to believe we'd have 8 days to catch Hollies instead of 7 and no one told us the truth until the last minute and I ended up missing out on the last day to catch Hollies because of it, when I asked for an Encore to make things right for all the people who were misled (which was *most* of the forum), I ended up getting ridiculed and everyone accused me of being a "whiner." No Encore was given then, when one might have actually been called for, so I doubt one will be given now, when one wouldn't really be justified.

Many people caught 3 or 4 of these eggs. You might try making some trade offers in the trading threads to see if someone will trade you one. If you've got any rare dragons you could try breeding them for trade fodder. And you might post in the Halloween Gifting Center and have some luck.

most of us got Nothing.

Seriously, stop being a crybaby

Nobody made you lock your scroll, nobody stopped you from abandoning eggs, nobody stopped you from asking other peope for help.

If you still want to complain about the unfairness of not getting everything you want in a game that's free, go to mummy

I doubt you'd talk like that if you were standing here in front of me.

I am not A kid and thus you'd better be a tad more respectful. thanks.

I'm just tired of One Day Events entirely. should've been MINIUM Two Days. Would that have been so hard or unfair? I think not it's just some of you love feeling elite lording your very rare eggs to aquire that wich you do not already have.

all I was asking is for an Encore (a 2nd day is all, One extra day)

I'd be willing to bet if you hadn't got an egg you'd be here asking too.

I also got all 94 treats and would gladly trade the whole lot for two eggs (if this were possible) for I care more for the eggs then the treats that do nothing,

cool though they are.

I know at least 10 people who have been offering to help those who couldn't get any eggs. You should have asked for a catcher, I'm sure someone would have helped you. dry.gif

I'd be very curious to know how the number of halloween eggs dropped this year compares with the number of Pumpkin eggs dropped last year. A look through EATW shows an almost solid wall of dark scabby eggs, giving the impression that there are lots out there.

I don't remember that the Pumpkins were hard to catch, and I don't remember much lag (I caught three and my first Vampire, even though I wasn't sure how to optimise my catching back then). However, I wasn't very active on the forum or really following the News thread at the time, so I have no idea whether my experience of last year is representative.

most of us got Nothing.

I did not Loard my eggs, even though I had a hard time I caught eggs for 2 other people.

Maybe next time you unlock before major Holidays and seek help with catching, a lot of people did offer this.

But I´d really love to see some more happy feeling about what this new breed might be. I must say I found the S1 hatchie a bit ugly but the S2 looks quite nice actually!

Dude, I started at midnight of the release, the minute it started, and had no catcher. I dealt with the unholy, ungodly lag, the never ending 'can't display' messages, the datebase errors, the page not loading for minutes on end, all of it. It was like slogging through thick mud, uphill, hour after hour after hour...my head was pounding so hard with a tension headache I couldn't think strait, I felt like a lunatic all damn day with stress, tension, frustration, anger, and I got no sleep, and spent half the day cussing like a sailor...yeah, it was hell, but I got in there, I fought the fight, and I won. I deserve every egg on my scroll. I earned it, believe you me!

People, seriuosly, take a deep breath, everyone. There is no need to insult anyone, no need for Drama or anything. There is always next year, when this Dragons will be breedable, so nothing is lost and done for.

Everyone understands the frustration about not getting an egg, I tried to catch for someone and couldn´t get an egg for her. But it will not help you to vent your anger here, it will just lead to more bad feelings on all sides.

wow wow, calm down everyone ....

this event is supposed to be for fun, not a cause of anger and sadness mellow.gif

and they should be able to breed next year anyway, it's just that you won't be able to optain CB dragon, that's all rolleyes.gif

infact I was freakin pissed off because of the horrible lag just like everyone else ... ninja.gif

I would

You're behaving like a kid, so I talk to you like a kid.

You're getting all the respect you deserve

Dude, I started at midnight of the release, the minute it started, and had no catcher. I dealt with the unholy, ungodly lag, the never ending 'can't display' messages, the datebase errors, the page not loading for minutes on end, all of it. It was like slogging through thick mud, uphill, hour after hour after hour...my head was pounding so hard with a tension headache I couldn't think strait, I felt like a lunatic all damn day with stress, tension, frustration, anger, and I got no sleep, and spent half the day cussing like a sailor...yeah, it was hell, but I got in there, I fought the fight, and I won. I deserve every egg on my scroll. I earned it, believe you me!

this... exactly. And instead of turning into a bag of misery-why don't ppl who have none just ask some, who have 4? the one or other I am sure might give you one =o__O= but I guess, it wouldn't be dragoncave without...drama ._."

Shihaya, I think I love you! xd.png ha ha ha ha Chill out, Elric...

Edit: Every single person on DC who went through this nightmare, deserves their eggs. People were snagging them EASILY...I didn't begrudge them that, I just did what I had to do for myself. I wasn't the least bit upset that people were snagging 4 in 10 minutes! lol Good for them!

Edited by MedievalMystic

wow... what about the bad mood suddenly O,o

Okay, I HAVE been lucky to caught 4 of the new eggs. But I really don't have fast internet at all and had to work (yes on halloween sunday), but still it took me only like 2 hours. And I think, given that there even have been 6 eggs on the front page each time, we can't complain...

I don't want to argue. As I said. I've been lucky enough to get the new eggs. But I think it not very fair to say anyone was fooled or such. TJ and everyone put so much visible effort into the new eggs and all the treats.

Also I think there will be the possibility of breeding them next year. So you still can get them (I myself didn't got some former specials or a gold dragon for example).

So... long speech... Just wanted to say thank you to everyone working on the Halloween madness xd.png

The eggs are so beautiful I wished I could freeze one of them xd.png

wow wow, calm down everyone ....

this event is supposed to be for fun, not a cause of anger and sadness mellow.gif

It happens every. Damn. Event. ~_~

Sad but true.

Shihaya, I think I love you! xd.png ha ha ha ha Chill out, Elric...

Edit: Every single person on DC who went through this nightmare, deserves their eggs. People were snagging them EASILY...I didn't begrudge them that, I just did what I had to do for myself. I wasn't the least bit upset that people were snagging 4 in 10 minutes! lol Good for them!

Don't tell my hubby wink.gif

I really enjoyed this Halloween, and I especially enjoyed the treats. And nobidy can complain here, everybody could get them

All this halloween chaos in the cave got me back on my account. I must admit that I have been very inactive on DC for a loooong time. But seeing as I absolutely love the halloween dragons and was curious about the new one I thought; Me why not?"

Had some trouble in the beginning catching any but in the end caught 2 new Halloween eggs and a Vampire egg from the AP! biggrin.gif Quite a feat with my extremely slow computer lol. No luck at zombies though but I'm happy with my vamp biggrin.gif

Edited by Goikuchan

Ineed to cross my fingers for influencing smile.gif

My first pair will hatch at Midnight EST as I got then in the first drop and incubated them!

QUOTE (Elric @ Nov 1 2010, 05:23 AM)

In Case you Forgot what You Said FIRST " Seriously, stop being a crybaby

Nobody made you lock your scroll, nobody stopped you from abandoning eggs, nobody stopped you from asking other peope for help."

"If you still want to complain about the unfairness of not getting everything you want in a game that's free, go to mummy"

"I would

You're getting all the respect you deserve "

Sure didn't call you names though did I?

guess we Know who the kid here really is don't we?

I wasn't even trying to be nasty I just wanted TJ to have an Encore. but you

feel you should be special.

Edited by Elric

"I would

Elric when I was a kid the worst thing I could say to someone was "How very rude of you!" Kids don´t define by calling anyone names.

But you keep whining about things you cannot change, you had the option to drop things to unlock, you had the option to seek the help of a catcher, AND you have the option to make friends with someone who owns the new Halloweens and who would breed you some next year.

oh now I'm whining.

the heck with this.

have fun kids and Happy Halloween to those deserving.

In Case you Forgot what You Said FIRST " Seriously, stop being a crybaby

Nobody made you lock your scroll, nobody stopped you from abandoning eggs, nobody stopped you from asking other peope for help."

"If you still want to complain about the unfairness of not getting everything you want in a game that's free, go to mummy"

"I would

I wasn't even trying to be nasty I just wanted TJ to have an Encore. but you

feel you should be special.

A major part of this game is managing the limited space available so that you have room for the eggs/hatchies you really, really want to collect.

There was AMPLE warning of this event, you could have chosen to unlock yourself, and by your own admission you've experienced enough DC holidays to know how things usually work here.

The only person you should be blaming is yourself, and lashing out at everyone else will not garner you sympathy or respect.