TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

since so many of us were scroll locked with our "Pumpkin eggs"

I thought I'd ask for a Halloween Egg Encore!

just Please release them for one more day Pweeze!!!!

*grovels*

also made 5 attempts at a Zombie and....Epic Fail there.

then no halloween eggies *sniffle*

Yeah Please...

I couldn't get mine too!

Maybe 1 more day wouldn't be so bad. The population of dragcave is much higher then the amount of eggs dropped in a single day. Even with 2 rows.

An event is an event. Sad but true. sad.gif You don't get two Christmasses...

(Hm. Thinks. Extra prezzies. Hm...)

I had a blast yesterday. It was my first holiday (I joined 16-2-2010, so just missed valentines) and I loved it.

Got my new eggs, pumpkins and a full basket. And even helped 2 dozen people lock their scroll.

Many thanks to TJ and all spriters!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by hmarjolijn

I don't know what the concept is, but anyway, both stages look so cool with that twisted kind of beauty, you know. There's smt evil among them (in a good sense) which really attracts - the way demons, witches or vampires are attrative in the movies and games, - and this attraction of the uncanny is done perfectly!

Really happy to know that we achieved that effect! <3

You're all very welcome :]

@Ethril Dragon: They are supposed to be part scary. SUCCEZ? XD

Edited by seiss

same here. most of the "happy people" actually got the eggs and KNEW

they were coming. I had no clue and everyone was talking

about breeding the pumpkins fast while you can.

so I was so badly scroll locked I killed five (attempting to make zombies and failed)

and then another egg hatched grr. so I was locked until seven hours ago and now that I'm unlocked they're gone.

this has become a trend. be sure to look at my scroll as I didn't get the leetle tree,

valentine dragons, halloween dragons nor zombies.

I feel like I opened my candy only to find razorblades in each piece.

*Sigh*

The only way to keep up is to check the news section of the forum... That's how I knew what was coming biggrin.gif

I failed on zombies too. All those gravestones....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have never seen DC being such a mad-house ever before xd.png lemme see:

we got new eggs, leetle goodies to collect, 2k of ppl being online, zombies, lagmonster eating us, error-cave and a 6-eggs-fairy :3 we got the whole load within 24 hours xd.png Thanks to all of you <3

same here. most of the "happy people" actually got the eggs and KNEW

they were coming. I had no clue and everyone was talking

about breeding the pumpkins fast while you can.

so I was so badly scroll locked I killed five (attempting to make zombies and failed)

and then another egg hatched grr. so I was locked until seven hours ago and now that I'm unlocked they're gone.

this has become a trend. be sure to look at my scroll as I didn't get the leetle tree,

valentine dragons, halloween dragons nor zombies.

I feel like I opened my candy only to find razorblades in each piece.

*Sigh*

you could also try to be unlocked for possible event dates in the future, I mean you saw that there are obviously some.

@Elric

Well, it helps to keep the scroll free when holidays are coming up.

I'm usually locked when there's a normal release, but you can't plan them, but for holidays I make sure there's room.

I'd like to thank my snatcher, too, and in return I want to keep up the spirit of kindness and start a rare-egg giving event. If someone snatched an egg for you, be sure to check the site discussion and make other people happy

we had just got new eggs. i figured no more were coming since everyone'

was breeding pumpkins. we were fooled into thinking nothing else was coming.

thus My asking for an Encore. would it hurt everyone so much to bring em' back for a day?

All total, I got all 94 treats, caught one Pumpkin, was given one Pumpkin, caught one '10, someone else caught 2 '10 for me before that, and out of three adult kills I got two Zombies and the other one revived good as new. And I already had Vamps before this so I didn't need to include that to this list. Since I couldn't get the eggs, I basically went and read up on the whole Zombie thing >_<

Zombie attempt today failed.

How long do dead dragons stay on your scroll again? Two weeks?

thus My asking for an Encore. would it hurt everyone so much to bring em' back for a day?

TJ said in his post that there was more to come, and he worded it exactly like that.

it´s still sad to miss out new eggs OS, but in essence it´s true.

i do like very much that Christmas is longer, even though some people whined, it gives more people a chance to get the holiday dragons.

it would be kind of cool though if the Halloween & Valentine drops could start and end a little earlier, maybe 6-12 hours before & after the actual day. i'm thinking more so for people in other time zones who might not be able to get in on that 24 hr window of time.

and for every event so far, the old dragons became breedable, and then new ones were released. What made you think that Halloween would be different?

In fact, you have two years of Holiday dragons on your scroll, the snow angels and the yulebucks. You can't say you didn't know.

Edited by Layn

never expect that. I mean earlier this year we had mod mayhem with a ton of releases. And the major holidays you should always make sure you're unlocked for are Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines.

When a major holiday is coming up you should always at least prepare for a possible drop. Every Halloween we've had new eggs. The thing about the pumpkins breeding was to allow people who weren't here or were unable to get them last year a chance ot get them this year.

An encore would be logical. Like I said earlier the population of dragcave is too large for a single day of dropping to accommodate.

I'm just tired of One Day Events entirely. should've been MINIUM Two Days. Would that have been so hard or unfair? I think not it's just some of you love feeling elite lording your very rare eggs to aquire that wich you do not already have.

all I was asking is for an Encore (a 2nd day is all, One extra day)

I'd be willing to bet if you hadn't got an egg you'd be here asking too.

I also got all 94 treats and would gladly trade the whole lot for two eggs (if this were possible) for I care more for the eggs then the treats that do nothing,

cool though they are.

Edited by Elric

OK, I made a thread to thank all those people who caught eggs for players who couldn't get some and to give eggs in return to other people

If somebody caught an egg for you, please visit this thread and return the kindness

As for the event:

maybe the next release could feature a permanent drop of 6 eggs, so there would simply be more eggs alltogether