chickenhound

Minecraft!

I started up the demo and built a little tiny hole as my house out of wood. Then, I went exploring and got killed by skeletons at least 10 times or more. dry.gif I got annoyed after that and quit. Minecraft is frustrating to me, but still fun. Any tips on how to play the game? I'm very new to Minecraft. xd.png

Avoid creepers! Whatever you do keep away from those things. >.> Annoying little.... xd.png

Did you make a bed for yourself? If not, you should as sleeping at night can help keep the hostile mob population low. Unless you're talking about skeletons killing you in caves. Always carry plenty of torches (or materials to make torches) and it's always handy to have some extra blocks (cobblestone for example, you'll probably get a lot of it while mining) to block up extra dark passages you haven't lit up yet. Swords are always nice to have, of course. Also carry food: health will regenerate automatically if you have 9 or more full hunger bars.

I do avoid creepers. Actually I try to avoid any enemy that can attack me. How do you make a bed? And I don't think my "house" is big enough for a bed. xd.png I'm not sure how to make torches either. I've gone into caves that sparkle. *o* Do caves usually sparkle or no? I haven't seen any skeletons in caves yet(but zombies is a yes). Not sure how to make a sword/pickaxe either. I do carry food, except they disappear when I die. /shot I'm such a noob at this. wacko.gif

I think the lava issue in PE was fixed with the latest update 8D Last time it burnt down the entire level with invisible fire whenever it showed up, now I have some surrounded with cobblestone and can walk around it and lure zombies in >:3

I do avoid creepers. Actually I try to avoid any enemy that can attack me. How do you make a bed? And I don't think my "house" is big enough for a bed.  XD I'm not sure how to make torches either. I've gone into caves that sparkle. *o* Do caves usually sparkle or no? I haven't seen any skeletons in caves yet(but zombies is a yes). Not sure how to make a sword/pickaxe either. I do carry food, except they disappear when I die. /shot I'm such a noob at this.  :wacko:

Here's a full list of all the Crafting Recipes:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

Some other good tips:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/First_Night

If you're confused about anything else I strongly recommend looking at the wiki articles.

And items don't completely vanish when you die (unless the items dropped onto cactus, lava or fire.) They just fly out of your inventory and sit on the ground. They will decay after five minutes if you're in the same chunk, but will last forever if you aren't in the same chunk.

And a bed only takes up two blocks of space, you should be good.

Also uh what do you mean by the cave sparkling? owo

Edited by Switch

How do you make a bed? And I don't think my "house" is big enough for a bed.  xd.png I'm not sure how to make torches either. Not sure how to make a sword/pickaxe either.

May need to scroll down for crafting recipes:

Beds can be made of any kind of wood planks and any colour of wool.

Torches are simply coal (or charcoal) on top of a stick.

Swords and pickaxes can be made of either wood, cobblestone, iron, gold, or diamond. Each has different durability. Different swords deal different amounts of damage while different picks can mine different things.

Example: Iron picks can mine diamond while stone and wood cannot.

Your food "disappears" when you die because when you die all of your inventory is dropped. It is possible to go back to your death point to pick it up, but it disappears after about 5 minutes.

EDIT: Hurr, ninja'd because I took too long typing this reply. |D

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

My first world was on Peaceful, didn't dare try to put it on Easy without miles of torches all around me. tongue.gif

I once found a frozen creeper, tried to box it up but then it exploded in my face. Newb fail. >.>

Lol, frozen creepers...

Reminds me of a glitch in PE earlier today...

I entered my house and a zombie was standing in the corner but wasn't moving nor had it seen me. I walked right up and circled it, then as I walked away something attacked me from behind. I looked all around - I couldn't see anything there so I started randomly slashing with my sword, hearing the sounds a zombie makes when hurt. Then I heard it die and the frozen fell over and vanished o.O

I think the lava issue in PE was fixed with the latest update 8D Last time it burnt down the entire level with invisible fire whenever it showed up, now I have some surrounded with cobblestone and can walk around it and lure zombies in >:3

Yes! They finally fixed it! I feel like they should improve PE (like bring it up to 1.3 level) because we *just* got crafting and smelting in PE. Funny little PE story: I can ony find diamonds in PE, but not in PC. I use the lite PE version, so I can never smelt it. *sigh*

Has anyone downloaded the technic pack for this? I downloaded it the other day and so far I am really impressed. The pack adds so much more depth into the game.

Has anyone downloaded the technic pack for this? I downloaded it the other day and so far I am really impressed. The pack adds so much more depth into the game.

Personally, I hate Tekkit. I have no idea what to do xd.png *facedesk*

I think Tekkit is awesome just by watching the Yogscast's videos for it, but it's so complicated with so much technical stuff.

Yeah it's pretty complicated. My friend tried explaining it to me, but I was so confused xd.png

Edited by Erica8798

I have Tekkit! I have a Private Server with a friend! I love connecting stuff with Pipes and Wires then just watching it work. Only problem I keep getting Iron Ingots and Refined Iron Ingots mixed up. We have build a 50 Block high factory, next to a Volcano we watched erupt!

Everything just looks so much better on the Minimap.

Yeah I found the minimap helped a lot, along with the ability to add way points. I was getting pretty fed up of mining, finding a ton of stuff then falling into lava like a noob biggrin.gif

I still need to get on my friends server though, I get quite bored on my own as it takes a while to get the required materials to make all the big fancy things with tekkit (unless you wanna use NEI anyway).

I still want to make a nuclear bomb/reactor (I'm not sure if you can make a bomb) and watch it explode from a distance, I hear it looks pretty good.

Yeah I found the minimap helped a lot, along with the ability to add way points. I was getting pretty fed up of mining, finding a ton of stuff then falling into lava like a noob biggrin.gif

I still need to get on my friends server though, I get quite bored on my own as it takes a while to get the required materials to make all the big fancy things with tekkit (unless you wanna use NEI anyway).

I still want to make a nuclear bomb/reactor (I'm not sure if you can make a bomb) and watch it explode from a distance, I hear it looks pretty good.

It is possibile to make Nukes, though they cause A LOT of damage, so use them wisely.

I found the Death Points very handy too! Though it gets a bit of a pain when you die a lot in a short amount of time then you have to remove all of them.

My most favourite thing in the Tekkit Mod is probably Equivalent Exchange Mod since I enjoy setting up quarrys and piping it into my Energy Condenser to make Diamonds and the whole Dark Matter/Red Matter Tools are very cool!

I myself dislike spawning in items with TMI or SPC since if you just spawned it, you don't feel the accomplishment of working to get all of it then just watching it work making (probably) more of what you sacrificed to get it!

I am not on any Tekkit servers, since most of my friends do not have it.

Edited by I_Luve_Victini

It is possibile to make Nukes, though they cause A LOT of damage, so use them wisely.

I found the Death Points very handy too! Though it gets a bit of a pain when you die a lot in a short amount of time then you have to remove all of them.

My most favourite thing in the Tekkit Mod is probably Equivalent Exchange Mod since I enjoy setting up quarrys and piping it into my Energy Condenser to make Diamonds and the whole Dark Matter/Red Matter Tools are very cool!

I myself dislike spawning in items with TMI or SPC since if you just spawned it, you don't feel the accomplishment of working to get all of it then just watching it work making (probably) more of what you sacrificed to get it!

I am not on any Tekkit servers, since most of my friends do not have it.

I'll have to check the nukes out next time I am playing (and when I get my quarry set up as I am scrimping supplies at the moment). There is a nice mountain that can be seen from my house that I would enjoy blowing up laugh.gif

I dislike spawning items for the same reason. I have only ever spawned some rubber because I didn't want to be walking for ages finding rubber trees as my house is in the middle of a tundra and I don't want to move as I can't be bothered to lug all of my things to a new location.

I'll have to check the nukes out next time I am playing (and when I get my quarry set up as I am scrimping supplies at the moment). There is a nice mountain that can be seen from my house that I would enjoy blowing up  laugh.gif

I dislike spawning items for the same reason. I have only ever spawned some rubber because I didn't want to be walking for ages finding rubber trees as my house is in the middle of a tundra and I don't want to move as I can't be bothered to lug all of my things to a new location.

You'll need to use a lever to set it off, if your on survival, you'll need a Swiftwolf Rending Gale Ring to get away from it in time. They are the most easiest Rings to make, you need 4 Feathers, 4 Dark Matter and a Iron Ring/Band. (Not sure of the name)

A Tundra is a very awkward place to be on Tekkit, so you should probably build another place where stuff are avalibile then pump all the stuff back to your Tundra Base.

One more thing to remember, never underestimate Creepers on Tekkit.

Cheers for the advise man, I'll look into it all when I come to making it

I have a huge mine that brings me out in the middle of a rain forest but it seems like such a farce getting through the growth so I tend to just go back to my tundra hut. I may end up taking my stuff elsewhere though, I can always make more furnaces and crafting benches and just take my 2 machines with me.

Cheers for the advise man, I'll look into it all when I come to making it

I have a huge mine that brings me out in the middle of a rain forest but it seems like such a farce getting through the growth so I tend to just go back to my tundra hut. I may end up taking my stuff elsewhere though, I can always make more furnaces and crafting benches and just take my 2 machines with me.

Well the only thing left to say is Good Luck and hopefuly one day I'll meet you on Minecraft!

THE BEST SEED EVAH!!!!

Lots of diamond mines/stone ruins

Seed: seed (large biome format)

Other good seeds(Survival, superflat)

meep

penguin

Both spawn you very close to one of two villages, with diamond, obsidian, iron armor/swords,and/or a big house!

My username is ShadowCrona. And how DO you make nukes?

Edited by Dragonshadows

Does anyone have a good Tekkit server? I want to try it out for myself and make cake... Somehow.

I love Minecraft.

I've been playing it since I think Beta 1.1_02 and I'm still not bored(:

Though I did like the old look of it, a lot more simple and all I still like Minecraft.

Personally can't wait for the next MC:Xbox update, there's only so much to do on the current xbox version. I tried firing the pc version up again the other day - first time in quite a while, since at least before the Jungle biome was added - and it seemed so much less *slick* than the xbox version is (in terms of controls, crafting and playing with friends). Not to mention that my pc seems to struggle a little when loading new areas in new worlds now, with lots of see through chunks for a couple of minutes before it sorts itself out (which I'm sure it didn't used to do :S).