chickenhound

Minecraft!

Has anyone else seen any videos about the new mob?

That thing is creepy. ._.

I think it might be a Nether boss (as it's immune to fire and lava like the other Nether mobs)...and I kinda hope it will be a Nether boss because I reeeaaally don't want those hanging around in the overworld.

That thing is creepy. ._.

I think it might be a Nether boss (as it's immune to fire and lava like the other Nether mobs)...and I kinda hope it will be a Nether boss because I reeeaaally don't want those hanging around in the overworld.

Uh... I totally agree with you.

Yep, I've seen the new Wither boss. His behavior so far seems really interesting. owo

He doesn't really look like he belongs in the Nether or the Overworld, though... he looks more like he belongs in the Ender but there's already a boss there.

Sooo much cool new stuff in the next updates!

Also, the Wither reminds me of Hydreigon a little... ;w;

Not to mention that my pc seems to struggle a little when loading new areas in new worlds now, with lots of see through chunks for a couple of minutes before it sorts itself out (which I'm sure it didn't used to do :S).

That's just good old SMP for 'ya. They're still polishing up the merge.

And from what I've seen, the Xbox version seems far less polished than the PC. Isn't the Xbox Edition only up to Beta 1.7.3 in comparison?

Edited by Switch

Yep, I've seen the new Wither boss. His behavior so far seems really interesting. owo

He doesn't really look like he belongs in the Nether or the Overworld, though... he looks more like he belongs in the Ender but there's already a boss there.

Sooo much cool new stuff in the next updates!

Also, the Wither reminds me of Hydreigon a little... ;w;

That's just good old SMP for 'ya. They're still polishing up the merge.

And from what I've seen, the Xbox version seems far less polished than the PC. Isn't the Xbox Edition only up to Beta 1.7.3 in comparison?

I believe so. I use the xbox version of it.

On that note, I HATE CREEPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

One stood outside my freaking door I had to tunnel out the side of my house to get away from it. I did make a pit for them to be lured into so I could trap them. Then two stood under where I was standing on the side of a mountain and wouldn't let me down so I had to dig around to get out and then another one showed up by then so I had 3 to worry about. I went to get down from where I tunneled out and they blew up. How I survived I have no clue.

It might be a bit behind in terms of features at the moment, but the world loading is much smoother, split screen multi is awesome, I much prefer the crafting interface (I don't have to keep going to the wiki to remember how to craft the more obscure items) and I love how I can play from the comfort of my sofa. Makes me wish they would add proper controller/gamepad support to the PC edition (with the controller optimized interfaces, not just using xpaddr or the like). They have said that the update schedule for the Xbox version includes catching up with the PC version as well - the only real issue I have with the Xbox version is the limited world size, which is a bit sucky.

It might be a bit behind in terms of features at the moment, but the world loading is much smoother, split screen multi is awesome, I much prefer the crafting interface (I don't have to keep going to the wiki to remember how to craft the more obscure items) and I love how I can play from the comfort of my sofa. Makes me wish they would add proper controller/gamepad support to the PC edition (with the controller optimized interfaces, not just using xpaddr or the like). They have said that the update schedule for the Xbox version includes catching up with the PC version as well - the only real issue I have with the Xbox version is the limited world size, which is a bit sucky.

A bit behind? Isn't that like, 12 versions behind? XD

I think most of those later things are personal preferences. I personally cannot stand multi screen in any video game, I find it impossible to focus on what I'm doing and get confused constantly. I also do not have a couch in my room, have a quite comfortable chair, and have memorized basically all of the crafting recipes. The ones I do forget I can usually figure out on my own. Brewing Recipes are really the only ones I'd need to look up, but I still haven't ever brewed a potion yet. XD

The loading also could just be your computer. I stopped having problems with world loading when I got OptiFine in.

Like I said, I'm much more used to the pc. ;w;

Edited by Switch

That thing is creepy.  ._.

The Yogscast did a video about it, which you can see

Looking on the wiki, it says about a (planned?) feature called the Sky Dimension.

Though I'm not sure if the Wither suits something like that...

I want the Sky Dimension to be implemented, it would be really fun to build stuff in a land above the clouds (Like Skyloft from Legend of Zelda).

But as far as actually being planned, I don't think Notch is going to add it in anytime soon.

The Sky Dimension reminds me of the aether mod... there should be new mobs and new trees and ores and stuff in the sky dimension, as well as these new dungons, as they give the player a target, which it easyer than going to the end and killing that dragon, so it makes minecraft a whole lot funner.

And that whole sidways log thing is annoying the hell out of me... I can't seem to build a wood house without making some mistakes...

And that whole sidways log thing is annoying the hell out of me... I can't seem to build a wood house without making some mistakes...

Same here.

And on the wither boss subject...

The wither boss seems to fit into the end. Haven't you guys seen the purple particles? So possibly, when you get the ender egg, you could take it to the overworld and make it hatch into a wither boss.Then when you beat it you get some awesome item.

If that does happen, I would be glad.

Edited by creepado

Same here.

And on the wither boss subject...

The wither boss seems to fit into the end. Haven't you guys seen the purple particles? So possibly, when you get the ender egg, you could take it to the overworld and make it hatch into a wither boss.Then when you beat it you get some awesome item.

If that does happen, I would be glad.

I don't think it would be a End thing, since visting the End is like something that is only done once, since it is called "The End" and when you kill the dragon and jump into the Portal, you get the End Song and Credits. Kinda symbolising the end of your Adventure and the start of a new one.

I once saw a mod where you could hatch the egg into another Ender Dragon, which you could put a sadle on, and ride it.

It could fly just like a normal dragon. And it was so badass! I wish they put that in the next update...

Another cool thing in the video was the hard mode fire spread. It was so beautiful and destructive and really cool.

Yes, the Dragon Mounts Mod, I had that for 1.2.5. It was so fun.

In other news, the new fire spreading is a very neat feature, along with the dye-able

armor (by far my favorite so far). The sideways logs, when on a big tree, look really nice; however I do agree that it can be frustrating when making a house. Rotated logs as house eaves and sides do spruce it up though.

The wither is crazy. I love it.

The random gap in the above paragraph is not intentional.

Edited by Cryo

Cant wait for 1.4 raiding multiplayer biggrin.gif

Economy servers :/ The invisibility potion will cost HEAPS!

The Yogscast did a video about it, which you can see

Looking on the wiki, it says about a (planned?) feature called the Sky Dimension.

Though I'm not sure if the Wither suits something like that...

Note how at the top of the page it says:

"The Sky Dimension was revised to create The End."

So I really don't think it's coming back. I mean it could, but it seems pretty unlikely. And I do agree, the Wither doesn't seem suited for there either. And I'm not sure why a Dragon would lay the egg of a three-headed skeleton.

And the Ender only being a place you go to once? I see lots of people turning the Ender into a gigantic High XP Mob Grinder using the Endermen that spawn there, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. But I do think it'd be too busy having two bosses... but idk. Out of all the existing worlds the Wither does look like he belongs most in the End, I do agree. But maybe he comes from the void or something? owo

... And apparently the Wither's HP bar is larger than the Enderdragon's? o3o

Edited by Switch

Mayby there will be two levels. Once you beat the ender dragon you have to beat the wither.

Or when you beat the ender dragon, instead of credits, you get teleported back to your old spawn point and the wither boss is attacking everything on sight.

... And apparently the Wither's HP bar is larger than the Enderdragon's? o3o

yep!

Enderdragon - 100 HP

Wither Boss - 300 HP

Arklangel - 1,000 HP tongue.gif

Mayby there will be two levels. Once you beat the ender dragon you have to beat the wither.

Or when you beat the ender dragon, instead of credits, you get teleported back to your old spawn point and the wither boss is attacking everything on sight.

That would suck! D: What if your old spawn was like millions of miles away from your respawn, or on the chance you *did* make a home right at your spawn point, then you'd have your base destroyed, your farm animals killed... x_x That'd be more of a punishment than a reward. :c

yep! Enderdragon - 100 HP Wither Boss - 300 HP Arklangel - 1,000 HP

Arklangel? Whats that? It sounds like a pretty badass creature... Sounds like it'll fit The Sky Dimension perfectly. You know, with the whole "angel" thing?

Cant wait for 1.4 raiding multiplayer biggrin.gif

Economy servers :/ The invisibility potion will cost HEAPS!

Raiding Feature? Haven't heard off it, sounds awesome though. Care to explain, or provide a link?

The Invisibility Potion, is my favourite potion just beating Night Vision.

Edit: Oh Phantom, the IP isn't working for me.

Edited by I_Luve_Victini

dgsunburst Posted on Aug 27 2012, 03:43 AM

what is a wither?

Its a new boss to the game, work in progress.

Arklangel? Whats that? It sounds like a pretty badass creature... Sounds like it'll fit The Sky Dimension perfectly. You know, with the whole "angel" thing?

Its an Aether Mod boss tongue.gif I probably failed at spelling the name tongue.gif

Raiding Feature? Haven't heard off it, sounds awesome though. Care to explain, or provide a link?

The Invisibility Potion, is my favourite potion just beating Night Vision.

Raiding.... Where you find somones base, kill everyone there, and take everything in their chests.... Theres no raiding feature, its just part of minecraft. Some servers encourage raiding by using factions and economy, others say no raiding and have the LWC plugin wich allows chest locking.

It's probably not set up. I'll fix it! *insert work here* There we go, it is done!

Its an Aether Mod boss

Oh, THAT thing... Which means i'm correct! It fits the Sky dimension perfect! Thats the whole, Very well, your death wil be slow and agonising guy, right?

I'll give you a link to show you what I'm talking about. Aethermod wiki there is no Arklangel on there, though.

No not the sun spirit, its the iron dungeons.... The winged people tongue.gif

I must've said the wrong name, but i know what im saying xd.png