chickenhound

Minecraft!

Woots. my Minecraft trap works :3

Just need to make it automatic now X.x so that when it turns to night the pistons drop and release a current of water forcing mobs into a small chasm filled with iron golems xd.png Then when its day time the pistons rise and block the current of water X.x

<~~ Minecraft newbie X.x

@Creepado... That kept happening to me too, Eventually I was like... alright first non jungle/snow biome. I'm taking it. Got a desert Biome, and I'm steadily changing a portion of the sand into grass xd.png

Edited by TotallyDrow

hey i am pretty new but can railroad tracks run upside down and work? just wondering cuz i am making a rollercoaster

annd can it go through like a waterfall?

hey i am pretty new but can railroad tracks run upside down and work? just wondering cuz i am making a rollercoaster

No, minecarts cannot go upside down.

But if you get enough speed, and if you angle it right then it can go through a waterfall and to the other side.

I don't know if this has already been posted in this thread, but man, this Minecraft song is awesome:

I CAN SWING MY SWORD SWORD!

Edited by miladyz

Water washes away rails, but you can build up enough speed to make the cart fly through the waterfall and land on a different set of tracks.

I have a minecart rail that travels under a glass cave covered in lava. It leads to a tunnel of burning netherrack and netherwart.

whats netherwart? 0.0

and i just might try to do a jump through a waterfall that sounds cool

whats netherwart? 0.0

and i just might try to do a jump through a waterfall that sounds cool

In the Nether, there's a plant called Netherwart. You can only use it to brew potions, but it's still really neat.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Netherwart

Also, guys, heeeelp I tried survival in a superflat world and I'm stuck in a village and there's around 10 giant slimes outside my door and I HAVE NO WEAPONS. I'm starting to starve to death ;___;

In the Nether, there's a plant called Netherwart. You can only use it to brew potions, but it's still really neat.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Netherwart

Also, guys, heeeelp I tried survival in a superflat world and I'm stuck in a village and there's around 10 giant slimes outside my door and I HAVE NO WEAPONS. I'm starting to starve to death ;___;

Open your door and start punching with whatever you have.

The upside to superflat is the random little packs of animals that spawn though.

Open your door and start punching with whatever you have.

The upside to superflat is the random little packs of animals that spawn though.

I tried that and killed one of the slimes, but then the 4 resulting smaller slimes all jumped into my house and I had to jump on top of a table and punch them all away. I survived with 3 hearts.

oooohhh i cant get that. sorry i can only play Xbox version and the only thing the nether has is lava, soul sand, lava, netherrack, gravel, and of course more lava. and the zombie pigmen with two or three ghasts

In the nether, in pc version, there is huge castles called strongholds.In these strongholds there are rooms with a blaze spawner(Blazes are like demons that are on fire)And other cool stuff.You might find a set of stairs that goes to another floor.

Next to these stairs is a farm of netherwart.They look abit like tiny mushrooms.They can be farmed in soulsand, as they arn't like normal minecraft mushrooms.(they are like the wheat of the nether.)You can only use them for brewing potions, which could heal you, make you immune to fire, Ect,

wow i cant wait til that get put on the xbox version that sounds cool.

Gah... was going to build a lair on the side of a mountain... halfway through after getting some contraptions built I realized the mountain wasn't thick enough... /rage. Gotta start it all over again >.>

Edited by TotallyDrow

Gah... was going to build a lair on the side of a mountain... halfway through after getting some contraptions built I realized the mountain wasn't thick enough... /rage. Gotta start it all over again >.>

I'm assuming you looked like your avvie when you found that out...

I'm building a massive lab full of zombies xd.png

I admit I was like that when I saw sand falling down mixed in with a bit of this user posted image

followed by this user posted image and lastly this user posted image

Tried to make an automatic system that controlled 30 pistons. When it would turn night the pistons drop releasing water into a channel pushing mobs into a chasm filled with Iron golems... could never get all 30 to work... I'd get 29 with a redstone repeater, but the piston next to the repeater would not rise sad.gif Decided to just have the water flow all the time now X.x

EDIT:

I've made two maps. One is just a simple farm, decided to get a bit creative in the second map.

Here are some SS's (just over half a day's work)

Front View

Side View

Close Up

Secret Lair

Menacing Glare

I've got hidden doors inside that lead to the lair and a water lift for getting up and down. This is only about 50% done. I still have to work on building furniture, and a few extra features. :3

Edited by TotallyDrow

I play on a server called DrunkenSlug. Its awesome. Me and my friends PWN everyone else! Go LoneWolves!!

hey i have a question, i just got the PC version and well i was mining and i found 12 blocks of obsidian. got them all (woot) so i built a cheap persons nether portal had some fun in the nether and when i decided i was lost enought and saw my first castle place in the nether. i turned on creative mode so i could fly around and look for my portal cuz well i was really lost after awhile i found what i thought was my portal and well... it wasnt my portal... i ended up pretty far from my house.

also my compass was pointing me in the opposite direction from my house... can anyone clear this up for me??

also my compass was pointing me in the opposite direction from my house... can anyone clear this up for me??

Do you mean in the Nether? Cause compasses and clocks don't work in the Nether.

Do you mean in the Nether? Cause compasses and clocks don't work in the Nether.

neither to beds... learned that the hard way.

Compasses point to spawn, not homes/beds....

Thats why i use waypoints! biggrin.gif

compasses point to your bed once you slept in it...

I've had it happen before where I was completely positive that I slept in a bed but it didn't register it as my Respawn point. There are variety of reasons this can happen, from what I've read, so it's possible that's why.

Although this might not be as prominent as it used to be, since I joined before beds and experienced how derpy they were when first added.

And I'm not actually too sure about how compasses work. Thing is, in my singleplayer world, my original Spawn Point and my Respawn point are very close together so I haven't payed much attention to that. The wiki is saying that Compasses always point to the original Spawn Point but I dunno. Just what the wiki is saying. o3o

Edited by Switch

Compasses point to spawn, not homes/beds....

Thats why i use waypoints! biggrin.gif

he is right... take it from someone who has been playing sence alfa.

they are supposed to atleast... beds change your spawn though, but only when you sleep in them.

Edited by Wantdew