prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Hey, is anyone here going to be at the Salt Lake City, Utah kickoff party? It'd be cool to meet some people from here in person if I end up going :3

I might do it, because it says if your writing by hand you can do it with lorem ipsum...

It's so much fun. I did NaNoWriMo in the last three years and will do it again this year. The novel I wrote in 2007 will get published in the coming year, so of course I think I can do it again - maybe. smile.gif

This is my first year doing Nano and I'm psyched! I really hope I make it. I've already outlined 3/4 of my novel. It's a medical drama. biggrin.gif Plus, nanowrimo inspired me to start my own dragoncave lineage!

smile.gif Some of my Magi dragons are named after characters from my NaNo-novel. I wrote the first book of the thing last year and will write the second volume in November. Aaaaargh. Plot. Where's my plot fo volume II gone? *sigh* *goes re-reading volume I*

Hmm, well I think I'm doing it this year, and I have a tenative idea of two siblings who are... 8 and 10 I think, who are tryig to take over the world, for whatever wholesome values 8 and 10 year olds would try and take over the world for.

Because their dad was murdered I think. I'm thinking of making it so he was rich, so that the siblings had considerable funds. But I'm thinking they will be orpahns, I mean, really, how could they possibly manage their goal with a mother there?

I want to add fantasy too, but I don't know how sad.gif.

I'm thinking about writing a DC novel this year - never got around to it last year. smile.gif

*thumbs up* I'd read it.

I'm thinking about writing a DC novel this year - never got around to it last year. smile.gif

I'd read that, too. :3

Entering as part of my Creative Writing class, gonna be writing about the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

I'd do it if I was any good at writing xd.png

Sure, I have the ideas and everything, but I always mess it up and make it sound crappy whenever I try to write a damn story ^^'

Hmmm, but it does sound interesting~ O:

I wonder if I can actually write 50,000 words in a month e.e

(Since I am a lazy person and I give up on things when they don't go the way I want them to xd.png)

the quality doesnt matter much. the point is to get a rough draft done, no proof reading-just a smooth path from mind to hand to paper/computer.

so go for it!

Okay, I don't think you need to "prepare" for nanowrimo. The point is to just write unselfconsciously until you have something. So just sit down on day 1 and start typing. tongue.gif

grrrowl, that might work for some people, but for others, that is a sure-fire way to get cancer worrying. =V I have to plan out each and every detail of my NaNovel, down to the sentences and how they will be places, or else I basically explode, I'm so frustrated.

grrrowl, that might work for some people, but for others, that is a sure-fire way to get cancer worrying. =V I have to plan out each and every detail of my NaNovel, down to the sentences and how they will be places, or else I basically explode, I'm so frustrated.

I've actually broken down my novel into 120 blocks/scenes, so I know where you're coming from. wink.gif My point was just that being unprepared is certainly not an instant nano-fail.