prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I'm going to try NaNoWriMo, but also the Young Writers one. I'm aiming for 50,000 - but if I can't reach, I'll stick with my 20,000 goal for the YWP.

I'm doing the actual NaNo, but I should be doing the Young Adult one. Don't wanna, though.

@Zo- That was good. :D

You know I've been meaning to try the Challenge of writing a 50k story but always forgot and then next thing I know November comes around. Hmmm maybe I should really try this year though since I still have time to brainstorm.

Last year was the first time I tried, and failed miserabely. Only made it to 10,000. sad.gif

But this year I'm in college, so I have waaaaay more free time, so hopefully I'll do much better. And I'm re-writing a pre-existing story, vamping it up, making it better, so hopefully that'll add to my success too.

Good luck everyone! smile.gif

@Zov: Lemme know when you get that published so I can buy it.

XDXD Thank you! I'm so glad you like it! :3 But I'd be glad to let you read it when it's done, so you wouldn't have to buy it.

Qwackie: <3

Is the website down for anyone else? It keeps taking me to some weird error page.

Is the website down for anyone else? It keeps taking me to some weird error page.

It's been down for me all evening, but their Twitter feed says they're working on it, now.

Ooh, they have a Twitter? *Follows*

Okay, at least now I know it's not my computer hating on NaNoWriMo xd.png

Heh, I've been waiting for this thread to show up, but then I got so distracted by the NaNo forums that I forgot to check back here. xd.png

Anyway, did NaNo for the last two years - failed miserably the first year, won the second. For anyone who's interested, I did get the free CreateSpace proof copy of my novel. It looks lovely sitting on my shelf, even if it's probably the worst thing I've ever written and the formatting was a rush job done at 2 A.M.

This year is going to be really tough since I have a 10-day school trip right in the middle of November, plus tons of schoolwork and so many other activities it's not even funny, but some insane part of my brain is convinced I can do it. So I will.

This is me: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/413271

Add me. smile.gif

It's a physical book of your NaNo. Only it's a "proof" copy; that is, it's not in its final, on-the-bookshelves form yet.

Essentially you get a free self-published copy of your book. I did it for last year's competition and was very pleased by the results. =]

~Feathers

It's a physical book of your NaNo. Only it's a "proof" copy; that is, it's not in its final, on-the-bookshelves form yet.

Essentially you get a free self-published copy of your book. I did it for last year's competition and was very pleased by the results. =]

~Feathers

How do you get it? Do you sign up for anything, do they just choose you, or what?

There's a process that they'll walk you through when you complete the challenge.

Basically, you create an account on CreateSpace, set up your novel as if you were self-publishing regularly, and then the NaNo site gives you a code to use in purchasing that makes it free. =]

Everyone who completes the 50K challenge gets this reward, by the way, and you have a few months to get it all set up (I think the deadline last year was the first day of July or so).

~Feathers

How do you get it? Do you sign up for anything, do they just choose you, or what?

Last year anyone and everyone who validated a 50,000 word novel (everyone who won in other words) got a code for a free proof copy. You'll have to check the special offers section of the forums to see if they're doing it again this year.

ETA: I type way too slow. ninja.gif

Edited by diannethegeek

I hope they're doing it again, but it doesn't say anything about it on the forum, just Kindle stuff...

I'll try it this year, Kodiak help me... OwO Now... how to tell all my RPs that I'll not abandon them during this month, but merely pointedly ignore them in attempts to write a novel... :S

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/624409

Any suggestions for coming up with a name for a novel? I have the plot relatively stable, though I have yet to actually type it out... =3

Edited by Devious_Bookworm

I'll try it this year, Kodiak help me... OwO Now... how to tell all my RPs that I'll not abandon them during this month, but merely pointedly ignore them in attempts to write a novel... :S

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/624409

Any suggestions for coming up with a name for a novel? I have the plot relatively stable, though I have yet to actually type it out... =3

You may want to hold off on giving it a title for right now--what I often find when I work on short things is that either as I'm writing or once I'm done an idea for a title will come to me. Doesn't work for everybody, but...

*Had searched around a little bit more*

YES! CreateSpace is doing it again this year! 8D

*Had searched around a little bit more*

YES! CreateSpace is doing it again this year! 8D

ORLY.

Awesome! biggrin.gif