prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I spent most of my last day before NaNo catching Halloween eggs on DC. I still have homework and am totally unprepared novel-wise. Help.

What is this being prepared thing you allude to? o.O

I'm one of those people who just sits down and starts writing, not knowing anything about what I want to write about beforehand, so that's the only thing I can suggest to you. x3

Just get some words down for now. You can always decide on an actual plot and characters later. Just getting down a stream of consciousness may help you start. :3

Good luck to all you guys!

As for me, I gotta get to sleep before I start writing, I have a looooong day of class starting really early. :< Hopefully, though, I'll be able to write during my fee time. Of which I have too much. xd.png

Damn now I really wish I had a laptop!

Edited by KageSora

Well, I'm off to a much better midnight streak this year: an hour and a half into NaNo, and I'm already at 1940 words! I believe I got 346 last year on the midnight run. (I know the widget isn't updating, I'm hoping that once the site traffic calms down that'll get fixed.)

I need a plan to write though. I had a series for NaNo, and the two years I tried to just write off the beaten path, I failed miserably. I'm starting fresh again this year, but this will be a series for a few NaNo's to come. That way I know the characters and their goals in life, I just have to come up with new problems for them to face.

Hm off to a rocky start but here goes nothing!

NaNo just started 15 minutes ago for me. =V

I'm thinking about just writing a sentence and doing more tomorrow after class, just so I can have something down close to the start of NaNo. :B

I just wrote my 1,678 words. Now I'm going to retire. sleep.gif G'night! G'luck everyone!

Yay! First few hours of NaNoWriMo! :D

I'll probably start writing after school, seeing as I'm too sleepy right now to think straight. Good luck guys!

I have a page! Huzzah.

I'm going to run out of plot before getting close to 50k words at this rate, but then I get to add in filler. FILLERRRRR YAYZ.

It's here! And I haven't started yet! I'm a little sick so I got to stay home from school today, and I need to get started.

I got 516 words and I'm catching up on late homework and here's hoping I don't fall behind on the first day! *glass clink*

I'm at over a thousand words already, but currently I'm unable to continue because I'm needing more information, which I've asked for here. If any of you know about the police system, especially in the 1930s, please check out the thread or post here!

Found out how to make my word processing program tell me when I've hit 1667. It's pretty sweet.

I'd just make stuff up. Fix it up after it's been finished when you find more information. I did that all the time in the early years of me doing NaNo.

I got 500 words in at midnight, but then I had to go to sleep. A long Halloween weekend and work this morning makes for an unpleasant me tongue.gif Gone are the days where I could stay up until 3am without any consequences.

I'm getting old. dry.gif

Got a little over 3,000 words so far, am pretty pleased with how the story is coming out so far. I only have about two 'chapters' done so far, but still, it's coming along pretty well.

Curious, is the NaNo site acting up for anybody else?

Curious, is the NaNo site acting up for anybody else?

I think it is for everyone. My brother and I have both been having trouble, and the front page acknowledges the lag. It's even worse than DC was yesterday, at least for me. Hopefully it'll get better enough for me to be able to update my word count, because I can't right now. @_@

Edited by PollyCockatrice

I went to bed AT midnight with the hopes of getting enough sleep to start fresh this morning...

Unfortunately, I dreamed about NaNo last night and was fairly restless so that didn't happen... |D

I did, however, get the synopsis and title done (sorta)... And that's like half of the entire thing, right? tongue.gif

The title of my Novel is "Tales of Andoria: Subtitle to Come Soon" (which if you couldn't guess, is a tentative title tongue.gif) and here's a taste of what's to come:

"Atamia, Prince of Andoria, finds himself 50 years in the future in the body of a wanted thief. Andoria is in turmoil, ruled by an evil god, and he must find his way back to the past to make things right. But he can't do it alone, and must rely on the powers of the various races of Andorians to help in his quest. Will he succeed? Or will Andoria be consumed by darkness?"

... I feel like I'm going to be invoking a fair amount of tropes in this novel... xd.png

I should have 3 hours to work on my novel right now... that is if I don't get kicked off of the comp, which I shouldn't because this computer lab is for everyone and there's plenty of space, but professors can be asses about having people not in their class in the lab at the same time as them (god forbid if we distract a student by typing a novel. tongue.gif)

-K-

Edited by Kamak

I like your plot Kamak. Buu-uut, I don't like the synopsis end. I mean, of course he's going to succeed, unless you have a surprise bad ending in store.

EDIT: Also, I got the provided quota finished! My personal quota is 2,000 words, and I plan to reach it later.

Edited by soupnazi

Hahaha, I haven't even started with the actual writing yet--long day at school plus birthday things tends to do that.

But I was thinking about it, and several things just sort of fell into place.

I'm just gonna use placeholder names for several characters when I get to points where names are needed, I think, rather than trying to come up with actual names right now...

I like your plot Kamak. Buu-uut, I don't like the synopsis end. I mean, of course he's going to succeed, unless you have a surprise bad ending in store.

EDIT: Also, I got the provided quota finished! My personal quota is 2,000 words, and I plan to reach it later.

Well, unfortunately this book is going to be the first of a series... so technically it's going to take him a while to succeed... unless of course something happens... *loves twists*

And yeah, the longest part of writing the synopsis was thinking of the end... I had to go with the old cliche of "Will he succeed? FIND OUT NEXT WEEK! (or 5 years from now, in DBZ's case)". But oh well, I'm sure I'm going to run into PLENTY of cliches...

I'm at 863 words now... (If I can get NaNo to load soon), and I believe I'm done with the first chapter... I can never seem to do long chapters if there's little to no dialogue... and the first chapter is supposed to set up everything... but 1.5 pages still feels short (although it's on 8.5x11... Maybe I need to convert it to book mode).

I'll be working on the Prologue next probably... and I have about an hour until my next class (which is conveniently across the hall. tongue.gif).

I'm hoping to reach 3K words by Midnight... This book is probably going to be WAAAAY longer than 50K words... and I'd like to finish it regardless of the word count by the 30th...

Besides, getting a head start in case anything comes up never hurts... tongue.gif

-K-

Isn't it a NaNoWriMo tradition that the site is slow and buggy for all of November 1st?

I'm avoiding it except to update my word count to lighten the load. I've already almost doubled last year's total (which was under 1,200 words, but still).

Such a failure.

I have written no words today, but instead spent four freaking hours trying to create character forms FFFF.

I'll catch up tomorrow.

Isn't it a NaNoWriMo tradition that the site is slow and buggy for all of November 1st?

Yeah, the site always goes mad for a day or two come November 1. Just too many people logging on to update their info. It should calm back down soon enough.

Lol. I finished my Prologue... and got to exactly 1667 words for the day |D

I'll work more on it after I get home from class...

-K-