prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Don't worry about it--you can come up with that later. :3 I usually wait for the idea to come to me after I start writing.

For me it was the opposite. tongue.gif The title gave me the story. Which is backwards, but I don't like to question my muse. :3

So yeah.

Second year doing this, have long since forgotten my old username and password, and can't remember the password to my old email, so new account. :>

Well, I totally thought up two different stories and am conflicted about which one to write.

Not sure I'll reach the word goal, but I'll sure as hell try.

Got titles for both of the stories, and characters halfway thought up.

Probably going to fail this year, too.

Just got back from my second Starbucks session working with Scrivener, and I'm even more in love with it now (if such a thing is possible).

First, a confession: I'm a NaNo Rebel! I'm setting out to finish a novel that I started during NaNo 2007, because a publisher is seriously interested in it and I have to get the first draft completed before I can move on to the next step. So today I took that 50,000+ word document and used Scrivener to break it up into chapters with attached notations, which (in Scrivener's handy-dandy corkboard system) can show me my entire plot at a glance, what still needs filling in, and what's been completed as a first draft.

Next up: importing maps and other images, audio files, and web pages that I'll need as reference. All in all a good day's work. smile.gif

Me, finally

I'll go through later and add people from this thread. :3

Ooh, congrats prairie! That's awesome. :3

Yeah, I heard about scrivener last year and downloaded the free trial of it and something else (who's name skips my mind), but after I was sick and didn't write for two weeks, it's Write or Die that kept me alive. x3

Yeah, I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I'm Psalm121 on the NaNoWriMo site.

The young writers program!! I'm so exited! biggrin.gif

plztonotdoublepost. Edit button is your friend.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

Ooh, congrats prairie! That's awesome. :3

Thank you. smile.gif And good to see you're joining us this year!

(Just finished importing a bunch of webpages and audio media into Scrivener. I don't even have to be online to see the webpages: they're all complete archives. Each of them contains details from almanac.com about moon and sun rise and set times on certain dates in 2034, with attached "cards" stating who was murdered on each date and the details of their deaths; using the "corkboard" function, I can view the "cards" as if on a corkboard and see the pattern of the murders at a glance, with one click taking me through to the astronomical data I'll need. And with the "compilation" function, I can group each card with a map to the murder site, pictures of the victims (if I had them), the chapters they appear in, and so on... heeeeee!)

I'm doing NaNoWriMo too!

My sister and I decided to write a novel together, we both have busy schedules so we figured it'd be easier this way. Just chatted and finish all of our outlines this morning. Hello skype, good-bye outdoors. XD

You can find us here.

Now, I'm off to add other users from this thread. :P

NaNoWriMo starts on Monday! Who's excited?

I'm too nervous. I don't know how well I'll do. xd.png I'll probably be so nervous Monday. Ahaha, what way to spend a birthday. xd.png

Added a new song to my playlist! And I now have a better idea for the plot! Yay for ideas that happen while driving home from school!! biggrin.gif

Hahah! I actually got a synopsis written for my story! I... Actually have very little idea where I'm going with this, or how I'm going to make that work. Ahahah... xd.png

Edited by KageSora

Hahah! I actually got a synopsis written for my story! I... Actually have very little idea where I'm going with this, or how I'm going to make that work. Ahahah... xd.png

Oooh, nice!

That's the great thing about NaNo. You don't have to know where you're going or how it's going to work. You just write. x3

I still don't even have the slightest clue what to write about, so dun feel bad. :B

Oooh, nice!

That's the great thing about NaNo. You don't have to know where you're going or how it's going to work. You just write. x3

I still don't even have the slightest clue what to write about, so dun feel bad. :B

Hahah, I rarely have more than a basic idea of where anything I write is going, so I'm used to that. I write blind most of the time. xd.png

My mom thinks it's too dark. I don't have the heart to tell her it's light compared to some of the stuff I've written already. xd.png

My mom thinks it's too dark. I don't have the heart to tell her it's light compared to some of the stuff I've written already. xd.png

Our moms are very similar, it seems.

I think plots were characters die are beautiful if well written, my mom can't stand them.

Pheo and I have planned on killing off most of our characters, and if they're not dead, they lose their mental stability. Should be a hoot to write! happy.gif

My mom likes reading horrific crime and cozy mysteries. I like writing about psychological horror.

We get along well. >_>

I so can't wait. I need this escape of writing, and I'm going to love writing about them again.

I'm not sure of the genre, though, but it's adventure for now. I mean, there are superpowers but they're pretty minor. It's not much romance, but it's very character-driven and there is going to be some. Or not, I still haven't decided. I'm going to have to beat a decision out of myself on that. X.x

Our moms are very similar, it seems.

I think plots were characters die are beautiful if well written, my mom can't stand them.

Pheo and I have planned on killing off most of our characters, and if they're not dead, they lose their mental stability. Should be a hoot to write! happy.gif

Haaa... She likes reading murder stories, she just... I guess she just doesn't like the idea of me writing about such dark things...

I could never tell her I've written adult materiel of a very dark nature, then. She'd keel over. ._.

And I can't show her all the lovely battle scenes I've written. She... Wouldn't like me writing about people having their insides rearranged or something, ahahah... And that means there's no way I could share all the things that go on in my head that I never actually get around to writing down... xd.png

*cough*Ahem, more on-topic... I've been working on getting some character info done! Yaaaaay! biggrin.gif

And I'm not bothering with the antagonist idea. There's one guy that seems like he would be an antagonist, but it turns out there's just something so much bigger going on beyond him that has nothing to do with any one person.

I spent most of my last day before NaNo catching Halloween eggs on DC. I still have homework and am totally unprepared novel-wise. Help.

I got talked into NaNo by a friend of mine. So I'm revamping an old story plan that never got written.

Here's my page Add me as a writing buddy if you want :3

The lovely people in my reigon have given me character sheets and have arranged a midnight kickoff tonight biggrin.gif I'm kind of annoyed at myself for not planning more of my novel though ._.

Hnnnnng this is gonna be good. I have Halloween candy galore to keep me awake for a good bit of writing. X3