prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

That sounds like a fun read, diannethegeek! biggrin.gif Yeah, I know how you feel about stepping out of your comfort zone... most of my stories are fantasy with horrific and creepy factors added in (wolf with intestines spilled into ground, two-headed monster that has abused the other head and messed them up both mentally), but I have a different story that has romance (ARGH) and this one will be almost entirely paranormal... and by that, I mean being possessed, haunting, meeting death, etc. I'm writing it this year, and nearly every single thing about it came from my dream, with just a little refining.

Good luck everyone!

I entered Nanowrimo last year (thanks to BG mentioning it and making me curious!), and I managed to finish, despite starting a few days late. I'm the youngest person in my reigon to be doing it, with everyone else in their mid 20's and 30's. I was a novelty at the write-ins, haha! I didn't realise that there was a version for under 18's until I'd finished, so I feel pretty special doing the adult version.

I'll be entering this year too, really looking forwards to it biggrin.gif

Edited by Sparkeycat

I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year for the first time ever! I actually plan to win as I often spend a lot of my time just browsing around the internet, and I could easily stop doing that and instead write.

Here is my profile. If you want to friend me, make sure to send a message saying who you are!

This is gonna be my first year doing it smile.gif

I really needed some sort of motivation for writing (cause i have a lot of idea's) and a friend on another site recommended nano to me, thus, i joined :3

Oh, I just updated the book cover.

:3

I've got a lot of ideas, but all I know so far is that the main character's a murderer and kills a bunch of people. You can make that prediction based off of the cover, obviously.

LOVE NaNo!

I've done it 5 years...won 3 of them...2 of those 3 have been epubbed, the third earned me a literary agent. NaNo ROCKS!

Won't be doing it this year as I'll be traveling too much, but I'll be working on my next book...

Good luck to everyone who enters. It's a great way to learn what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it *g*

Reviewing everyone's synopsis who has posted one in this thread...

Qwackie: Interesting, but I think people would be outraged at this if it was known. >_>

Brittony: I lost the game. D:

So, I randomly decided today that I'll try to participate next year. As far as I understood, developing a rough storyboard sketch (not going into much details, just figuring out the general sequence of events and characters in general) is allowed? (unless I suddenly get attacked by a violent muse and decide to start writing earlier, just for myself)

So, I randomly decided today that I'll try to participate next year. As far as I understood, developing a rough storyboard sketch (not going into much details, just figuring out the general sequence of events and characters in general) is allowed? (unless I suddenly get attacked by a violent muse and decide to start writing earlier, just for myself)

You can do as much planning as you want, as detailed as you want, as long as you don't start writing the actual prose.

Oh man... I'm definitely going to have to take part in this. I've been struggling to even start a novel-like story for months (since I have a lot of other writing projects that I've started and abandoned), so maybe this will be the best way to do so. I'll probably have to get a few friends into this as well for encouragement... tongue.gif

-K-

I'm actually considering using the novel I'm currently working on - evidently I'd start it in November, which means I get a month to make up some plans and evil *coughcough* I mean exciting plot twists!

I'm going to unofficially try.

I'm starting school tomorrow, and that's gonna eat up a lot of my time, so... at least I can try, right? XD

OH MAI GOOOOOOSH.

I can't believe I've signed up for this madness yet again. I could barely do it last year as a high school senior; there is so little way I can do it as a college freshman.

And yet. I'm gonna try. X] I have no idea what I'm gonna write about yet, but it worked out for me last year, so I'm none too concerned.

Did anyone here win last year, and if so, did you get the free proof copy of your manuscript offered by CreateSpace? I did, and I just love my copy; I carry it with me everywhere to remind myself that I can do pretty much anything, ha ha.

Well, anyway, the madness begins again in just a few short days... If anyone wants to be my writing buddy, I'm theattentionjustencouragesher on that site. =]

Edit: link to profile: Here!

~Feathers

Edited by fly_away_soon

I started writing another story once I hit chapter six and was halfway through the month, so...

I was doing extremely well. But I get sidetracked. *is envious*

*Just had time to go through the whole thread*

Nobody's in the YWP D8 Now I want to join the normal NaNoWriMo. *Does so* I'll put a link when I'm finished.

EDIT: Here's my account: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/469127

Edited by Zeekaice

Added you back, Shadow. ;D

Lord, I can't believe I'm doing this to myself. I'm barely keeping my head above water in school as it is; how on Earth will I fit a novel into all this madness? Aiee!

But I can't help mahself. X] If it's madness, it's a sweet, sweet insanity.

~Feathers

I AM NOT FRIENDS WITH ANYONE I REFUSE TO ADD ANYONE RAAGH.

-shot-

Yeah, it's gonna be complete and utter mayhem. o_o

Im blessed to be only having one class this november. biggrin.gif So I can focus on my story.

Added you back, Shadow. ;D

Lord, I can't believe I'm doing this to myself. I'm barely keeping my head above water in school as it is; how on Earth will I fit a novel into all this madness? Aiee!

But I can't help mahself. X] If it's madness, it's a sweet, sweet insanity.

~Feathers

Yay! biggrin.gif

I know, I totally can't imagine what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll try and get ahead in some subjects during October (homeschooling totally rocks, admit it). My online classes are going to kill me though. x.x

I'm excited for NaNo this year. smile.gif This will be my third year doing it, and I've managed to win the past two years so far, through some magical powers that I've yet to identify. I'm not sure what I'm writing yet, as I have three possible stories bouncing around in my head. I told myself I'll give myself until the middle of the month to decide which, so we'll see what happens. smile.gif

Going to give it a shot again this year. Failed miserably the last couple, so third time has to be the charm, yes?

Already working on plotting and what not, and some of my scroll dragons are helping me with that, so we'll see how it goes.

Good luck, everyone!