prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Yay! *ish excited*

And KageSora, I agree with you; the details come. If I can get a good start and a vague sense of the plot, everything else falls into place.

Like last year, I had this general idea that it would be a ghost love story, and it turned out to be a ghost crazy thriller, ha ha. And the title came in the middle of it all. =]

~Feathers

Yay! *ish excited*

And KageSora, I agree with you; the details come. If I can get a good start and a vague sense of the plot, everything else falls into place.

Like last year, I had this general idea that it would be a ghost love story, and it turned out to be a ghost crazy thriller, ha ha. And the title came in the middle of it all. =]

~Feathers

Exactly. Something something hits you beforehand and you run with it, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes you change direction and do a complete 180 in the middle. xd.png

Just put together my playlist to listen to while I work on the outline and when I actually do the writing. Hopefully that'll help me out this year.

...All but one track are from The World Ends With You. xd.png

I've added everyone back. ^^ Hopefully now I'll have some writing buddies who actually make an effort; for the last two years I've only had RL friends and my sister who never got past 2000 words if they even started.

I've always wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo but never got around to it, usually cause I was too busy with school. But this year with no school to worry about I've gone and signed up. smile.gif

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/668223

I may start on my novel before November gets here, just cause I have a vague idea floating about in my head and don't want to loose it.

I may start on my novel before November gets here, just cause I have a vague idea floating about in my head and don't want to loose it.

In which case, strictly speaking, you're breaking the rules of the NaNoWriMo competition.

You may find the NaNo Rebels forum helpful:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/forum%252F304

There's a thread there for people starting to write in October. Now if you're just planning to do things like plot outlines, character write-ups, etc, that doesn't count toward actually writing the novel.

smile.gif

Ooh, Rebels. smile.gif

I was more thinking outlining in October. Otherwise November will get here and I'll be stuck with massive writers block.

My friend and I are having a contest to see if we can get 50 thousand IDEAS by October 30th. Then we'll pick our favorite on October 31st and begin writing on November 1st. biggrin.gif

This is the first year i'm writing in it. Doing something different than the rest of my novels that are out there. This one will be more of a dark thriller/horror type novel. Can't wait to start it. Already pre-plotting. Poor characters haven't a clue what they are getting into. I can be found here My NaNo

Gonna move this to multimedia, I think that's where it should go.

You may want to hold off on giving it a title for right now--what I often find when I work on short things is that either as I'm writing or once I'm done an idea for a title will come to me.  Doesn't work for everybody, but...

Hyuuu~ Thanks a lot, KageSora. ^.^ The title is the last thing I usually ever think of when writing (fanfiction), but I just felt so stupid after seeing how a lot of people here have their novels named already... OwO

I think I added everyone... Though if I forgot someone, I apologize... So many names and new-found fwends in insanity. X3 Which is very, very nice... I told my real-life friends about this challenge and they merely looked at me with unadulterated shock.

...All but one track are from The World Ends With You.

O.O Now there's an idea... Mind if I shamelessly copy you?

Edited by Devious_Bookworm

Hyuuu~ Thanks a lot, KageSora. ^.^ The title is the last thing I usually ever think of when writing (fanfiction), but I just felt so stupid after seeing how a lot of people here have their novels named already... OwO

I think I added everyone... Though if I forgot someone, I apologize... So many names and new-found fwends in insanity. X3 Which is very, very nice... I told my real-life friends about this challenge and they merely looked at me with unadulterated shock.

O.O Now there's an idea... Mind if I shamelessly copy you?

Haaa, I just know that while it can be a good exercise to take a title and work to build something that fits it, it doesn't always work for me, especially with writing, so I like to leave titles until I get a good idea. And I change titles, too. So no worries, you're not the only one that doesn't name their story right away. :3

And go right ahead--the reason I picked mostly TWEWY music was because the entire idea was vaguely inspired by TWEWY in the first place, though it's not actually related to it.

I really need to start coming up with character designs so I can at least vaguely describe them... Mostly one of them needs a redesign and another needs colors. xd.png Oh, but I haven't completely figured out what Broken Dreams looks like...

Oh man, the month is passing way too fast!

I've started my character design already. Most times I have a tenative title for books but this one has eluded me so far. Guess we will see what comes about down the line.

This is my third time doing Nano and I also found Dragon Cave because some peoples have dragons in their signatures : D

In my first year I won but last year I failed because my lazyness and because too boring idea. Now I'm aiming for win again with better idea and hopefully I edit this one so it can be published.

There is my profile: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/310932

Feel free to add me as writing buddy. Just send me nanomail or something so I know who you are : D

Awesome advice in the past few pages here. I'm doing it for the first time this year and it's nice to see that we can yell at each other to write more here as well smile.gif.

also, this is pretty much literary improv, so that means don't over plan.

My name is the same there as here.

my profile URL is http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/661220

good luck to you all

I am going over a million (okay, it's actually 102) pages of people offering advice on writing. Some of it sucks, obviously. xd.png And then I start to realize that I've already forgotten what the first few pages said...

What's NaNoWriMo again? =V

I couldnt tell if you were joking or not Zovesta.

sooo, just in case.

Nanowrimo=national novel writing month, 30 days of creative mayhem baisically. the goal is to get 50000 words by the end of the month.

tongue.gif I see's you there

I was joking. o_o; Sorry. Most people that see my posts knew that I am extremely airheaded. xd.png;

Edited by Zovesta

Hi everyone. biggrin.gif

Glad I found this thread - more accidently - as I usually are found in the site discussions area. wink.gif But seeing a NaNo-badge in someones siggy I decided to look around more closely. xd.png

I'm doing nano for the 4th time this year. Found out about it 5 years ago on November, 28th - and was soooo sad, I discovered it too late to join then. I would have tried to go for a lower word count but the site told me it was too late to sign up. sad.gif

Couldn't wait for NaNo2007 afterwards and failed epically that year. xd.png I got sidetracked by just everything! rolleyes.gif

But 2008 was just a great year! After a poor start I managed to speed up and won! biggrin.gif Yay! The great feeling I got from breaking the 50k-wall is undescribable.

2009 was not as 'easy' for me as the year before, but I won again, and I intend on doing much better this year! cool.gif

I'm going to write fanfiction as I have a story in mind for months and I won't have to spend too much time on character development. As I'm from Germany, I'm going to write in german, though.

Here's my Profile -> NaNoWriMo - Tally

Feel free to add me. smile.gif