prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I will now that I know about it!  x3  *doesn't have time to check the NaNo forums and DCF*  Hooray for medieval fantasy settings where characters travel around and are often too poor to sleep in inns and taverns!  One character will have a blue tent... and it will be mine... and I will call it squishy and... *blinks*  Enchanted blue tent whar?  *shifty eyes*

Blue tent of woah? What is this madness?!

Also: no plan is an AWESOME plan!

Edited by Russianbear0027

So, it's coming...who is taking part?

Memememememememememememeeeeeeeeee!

No clue what I'm writing yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

And the writing club I chair here at college is gonna be all about Nano for November. :B

Me!

I didn't get very far this year, and don't hold high expectations for myself this year either, but it's fun! biggrin.gif

I am. I'm not sure what I'll do, though.

I've got a few ideas for stories that I've had floating around my head for a bit. I might try to actually write out a story I've been meaning to for ages.

Mmm, or I might just do "Type whatever the heck comes to mind with no real plot or idea." Maybe...

THAT'S IT. I HAVE AN IDEA. biggrin.gif

AU mash-up of a bunch of my different characters and their worlds. Because it would just be hilarious to throw some of 'em together. xd.png

Edited by KageSora

censorkip.gif yeah I'm doing it! I won last year with a pretty sorry excuse for a novel, this year I'm planning on going semi-historical monster/thriller fiction with a fanciful story about the disappearance of the lost colony and the fate of Virginia Dare. I'm sure it's been done before, but I thought it would make for a fun story. I love the concept. Forcing you to chug out words without much thought about content, then later going back and realizing just how crappy it is, revise revise revise, and maybe have a good story ^.^ it's really fun, albeit quite different from a normal writing process.

I am! biggrin.gif So pumped for this year considering I have a small plan this time. Last year I just leaped into it without a worry.

I was thinking about it, then it dawned on me how much I'll have to do in this study semester and I chickened out. :')

I was thinking about it, then it dawned on me how much I'll have to do in this study semester and I chickened out. :')

I'm nearing those lines - I'll have twelve hour shifts, day and night, and last year (my first attempt) I think I actually only wrote for my story twice in the whole month!

I might try it though - thinking of doing a grassroots story for Mr Kestra.

I'm actually well prepared. I have 13,000 words of outline, which should translate to 20,000-30,000 words, and then my plot meanders in a way that I can drag out forever.

I might actually win legit this year!

Definitely in biggrin.gif

I was going to wing it completely this year and have a blast just being random... and then I got an idea... but I don't want to get bogged down trying to do justice to it and it's not even developed into a plot yet but it keeps nagging me sooooo.... >__>

I'm nearing those lines - I'll have twelve hour shifts, day and night, and last year (my first attempt) I think I actually only wrote for my story twice in the whole month!

I might try it though - thinking of doing a grassroots story for Mr Kestra.

I've had a story idea in my head for more than a year now, the problem is that I generally don't write much outside academic papers.

Go me. :T

I'm actually well prepared. I have 13,000 words of outline, which should translate to 20,000-30,000 words, and then my plot meanders in a way that I can drag out forever.

I might actually win legit this year!

You actually outline? xd.png I just said screw it and started typing tongue.gif about halfway through I decided how I wanted it to end.

You actually outline? xd.png I just said screw it and started typing tongue.gif about halfway through I decided how I wanted it to end.

Same here.

Though I need to work out quite a few things:

- How Mr Kestra meets the Doctor.

- How he gets his own sonic screwdriver.

- How he gets the gun and scanner will be easy.

- How he gets the jacket that's bigger on the inside (might be a theft job...)

Same here.

Though I need to work out quite a few things:

- How Mr Kestra meets the Doctor.

- How he gets his own sonic screwdriver.

- How he gets the gun and scanner will be easy.

- How he gets the jacket that's bigger on the inside (might be a theft job...)

My stories tend to write themselves. When I got to the end of mine last year I was like... wait... she's WHO'S mother?? Why didn't I think of that... oh wait...

I /need/ copious amounts of pre-planning. >> Like, I'm already grumpy I have no idea what I'm doing by now. I want to have most of everything laid out before the actual count starts.

I have an idea I've been excited about for a while but I just don't know if I'll have enough time to write in November. Besides 17 credit hours I already have one presentation and two essay midterms I know are due in Nov. D:

I /need/ copious amounts of pre-planning. >> Like, I'm already grumpy I have no idea what I'm doing by now. I want to have most of everything laid out before the actual count starts.

Huh. I guess that's just different personality types xd.png I like letting my stories write themselves through the process. I just have a general idea in my head of what I'm going to do. This year requires a lot more research though. Last year I was creating my own little world, this year I'm basing it on partial historical fact. So it's gonna be a bit more difficult xd.png

My stories tend to write themselves. When I got to the end of mine last year I was like... wait... she's WHO'S mother?? Why didn't I think of that... oh wait...

I do need to keep continuity however.

I've worked out how to get the Artifacts mentioned and in order now.

I do need to keep continuity however.

I've worked out how to get the Artifacts mentioned and in order now.

Well, continuity issues can be dealt with in revision. At least, that's how I did it. I actually completely changed the age of one of my characters to fit with the "she's his parent, and he was born after his dad was killed which was during this guy's lifetime, and he was born around the same time she was and..." etc. Those messy little details can take awhile to think out.

Enough of just thinking that it might be fun joining sometime, enough thinking about time issues, worrying about November being a busy month, and the fact that I don't usually write - this year I'm joining! biggrin.gif I hope I'll do alright xd.png

Well, continuity issues can be dealt with in revision. At least, that's how I did it. I actually completely changed the age of one of my characters to fit with the "she's his parent, and he was born after his dad was killed which was during this guy's lifetime, and he was born around the same time she was and..." etc. Those messy little details can take awhile to think out.

As in continuity already established before this story - there's already been a wealth of stuff done for Mr Kestra.

I'm in it this year. I'm writing about three KH characters (Demyx, Marluxia, and Vexen) being dropped into the Minecraft world, where they soon find each other after each having a scary greeting. Demyx awakens in a hilly area with a lake nearby, Marluxia wakes up high in a pine tree in a forest, and Vexen awakens in a deep snowdrift on a mountain. 83 So they all awaken near their element, and the only powers they have left are summoning their weapons and controlling their elements. They find a town called Nasctheo where many people live, with the insane co-owner, Mr. Blade (Switch), who owns the Cabaret and is insane over zombies. In Nasctheo, the three Organization members meet many strange and crazy people, of whom very few are actually sane. They learn how to survive in the Minecraft world and they soon make their own places to live, Demyx making a town, Marluxia living in a tree farm, and Vexen making a freezing area which he calls home.

I just love making crazy stuff... /shot

"Space is vast, beyond the ken of all but the most advanced of races - and even then only in the vaguest of terms. Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey, spacey-wacey. Heroes come in all shapes and size - though normally they have two arms, two legs and one head - and their stories almost always start on Earth.

This is one of them."