prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Day 2 of NaNo and I'm at 2025 words, all done today. If I can keep that pace up in spite of my crushing deadlines in the next two weeks, I'll actually be ahead of the curve! If not, I'll settle for 1667 words/day until the middle of the month, after which the deadlines will be over and I'll be able to pound away at it more forcefully.

Hope everyone's doing well! GO GO GO! Pump up that word count! biggrin.gif

I'm at 2565 words, all of which I wrote yesterday. I really don't have the time to write anything now (I shouldn't even take this forum break, really ><) .. Worst case, I won't have time to write again until Friday. We'll see, though. I should probably have some time this evening, if I'm not completely exhausted by then.

Someone should make a little NaNoWriMo icon to stick in sigs so we can link to our pages |D I dun wanna go through this entire thread again x)

4,805 at the moment.

Just a short text link for mine - not enough room along with the BaseCamp and DC scroll links.

|D Haha, yes. Like that!

/grabs

I am NOT starting off this game three touchdowns behind, darnit. >:U 120 words later...

WC: 0.

nooooooooope.

/panic flail

I have too much school stuff going on and little plot/character outline, so I'll be a late bloomer and probably not get 50k, but I'll do something.

Here's an excerpt from my prologue:

“Look at what is below us,” the figure said, indicating the swirling dust that defined the slight curvature of the darkened ground. “A change of perspective can put everything into place. That is why I like trees. They give us the ability to look at the world in another way, while still anchoring us to the world.”

I like my writing this time a lot more than last year. It doesn't feel so rough and redundant...

But just wait until crunch time. I'm sure it's going to get a healthy dose of padding sooner or later.

-K-

I like it, Kamak. c:

I left off at 3,511 words. Let's do this!

3978 words so far, and I have a LOT written out on paper from class today (LOL I tuned out my teachers lecture.)

Yesterday at midnight I wrote 1,294 words in 45 minutes.

Yesterday morning I got up and wrote 1,661 words on four and a half hours of sleep.

This morning I accidentally slept through one of the two morning hours reserved for major NaNoing, and wrote about 700 words.

My goal is 3,000 a day, and I've got to go to church in about three hours.

MAOR WURDS

-flees the internet to scramble for quota-

Good luck, all! I don't like how my first actual chapter is turning out, but I do like the prologue okay, so I put it as my excerpt. All I can say is, mood whiplash time! xd.png

Nice job so far, guys! got 2551 done. Not quite as much as I wanted, and I have to bite my hand to keep from editing my already done work. D:

4546 words. Can't say it's the best story I've ever written, but at least it's going somewhere. xd.png

I feel so behind! I'm just over 900.

Must. Catch. Up.

I think I'll lock myself in my room over the weekend and churn out a good 10k words.

Waaa! I've just heard about this but I'm well excited! I hope I can do it even though I've got a busy month ahead already O.O

But anyway, I think I'm going to base mine on a really awesome dream I had a couple of weeks back happy.gif

Word count so far: 0... lol

I'm going to give it a shot, though I doubt I'll even make it to 10K. I always get distracted when I'm writing, and I tend to be very to-the-point. :B

I'd love to do this for srs one year. Is it always in November?

I'm going to give it a shot, though I doubt I'll even make it to 10K. I always get distracted when I'm writing, and I tend to be very to-the-point. :B

I'd love to do this for srs one year. Is it always in November?

Yup, always November! November is for novels, and then April is for Script Frenzy.

5.5 k.

I keep trying to change my icon on the NaNo site, but no matter how many times I delete the old picture and put up a new one, it always goes back to the old picture *twitch*

I've got 6,145 so far, I need about 500 more to make my daily quota and a LOT more to make MY personal goal... -sigh-

But anyway, I think I'm going to base mine on a really awesome dream I had a couple of weeks back happy.gif

That's what I did last month! biggrin.gif Word of advice: if you're struggling for words, try thinking back to that dream and putting in little details.

5.5 k.

I keep trying to change my icon on the NaNo site, but no matter how many times I delete the old picture and put up a new one, it always goes back to the old picture *twitch*

Ugh, I know. I changed it to a desk that I'd made, then I wanted to change it to a desk with text on it, but it keeps going back to the non-text one. I just gave up and was happy it let me change it back to my dragon...

But now it's letting me. Maybe leave it be for a while and try again later...?

I'm going to give it a shot, though I doubt I'll even make it to 10K.  I always get distracted when I'm writing, and I tend to be very to-the-point. :B

Haha, I'm the same way! xd.png I have to keep reminding myself "Hey, you need 50k words! EXPAND! USE WORDY DETAIL! It's okay to tint your prose a light shade of purple for this!"

Just over 2500 words now, but this time it's easier than yesterday--now I can get to having the characters starting to realize something's strange, rather than just the set-up to having them meet up.

Must be a really creepy feeling to find yourself in a city larger and more advanced than anything you could have possibly imagined... And you're the only person in it.

Edited by KageSora