prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Story time.

Went to a NaNo kick-off party today. It was crazy. One of the people running it had been doing it for nine years. They had a NaNo-er skyping in cause her kid just had a heart transplant. And her kid (who happens to be 9) is doing NaNo too.

I'm just... ohmy.gif

Story time.

Went to a NaNo kick-off party today. It was crazy. One of the people running it had been doing it for nine years. They had a NaNo-er skyping in cause her kid just had a heart transplant. And her kid (who happens to be 9) is doing NaNo too.

I'm just... ohmy.gif

sha wow. I can't decide if that's awesome or kinda sad o.0

NaNo seems so huge... I feel like I'm late to the party just getting into it this year xd.png

Evey one of my friends at school is doing it (Aha, school, I feel young.)

I've always wanted to attend a NaNo party, but I'm never any place with enough NaNo'ers. D|

Sock Tag in my sig leads to my NaNo profile. Can buddy people later. :3

One of my best friends is NaNoing this year as well, ^^ I'm already 400 words away from 2k, and I'm writing in a freelance manner (decided to ditch my plot two hours before I went to sleep yesterday). I'm not too sure I like how it's going, but hey, that's what I get for starting to write in the middle of the freelance plotline, right? xd.png

I'm aiming for 65k words this year, and if I achieve that from where I started today to the end of the novel, I'll be rather surprised (and then frustrated because I'll actually have to write the beginning, xd.png)

I've got 1675 words.

Yay! I'm going to try and hit 2k before I go to bed. Being ahead doesn't hurt.

I am determined to make it!

I'm still without a plot or words or anything D:

I've really been working at this for most of the day. WHY DID I NOT PREPARE?!

So... Yep... One of my characters from an RP has made a whole novel by being alive. <3 me some Kolin.

This is my first year ever and I'm really nervous and concerned and only have a rudimentary knowledge of how this whole thing works. BUT! I'm up to 1,731 words from earlier today. I'm proud of myself. xd.png

I am NOT starting off this game three touchdowns behind, darnit. >:U 120 words later...

I've got 3,800ish words right now, trying to get to 5k before the night is out.

Nice o.o

I have a basic plot going, but up to a certain point I have no idea where it's headed.

I'm up to 2k.

Is it a race to see who finishes first?! I'll be the first to fail. That's for sure... D:

It's harder than I thought, but now I have the main players in place, so hopefully it'll get easier.

I managed to hit 1770, I was aiming for 2000, but I'm too tired to keep trying... I'll see if I can make 4000 total tomorrow...

@Kokay: Nope, no race at all! You're just trying to write 50k words in 30 days, that's it. :3 If you hit 50k (and validate it!) before November ends, then you win!

But even if you don't win, it's fun to try!

Edited by KageSora

Okay. Should be doing math homework or studying for my exam on friday, but who cares! I got NaNo to attend |D

Mkay. Hopefully these creative juices will get going. Usually I can hit a good 8,000 when I really get going :U /determination

Pshah! That seems simple enough. I love my characters so much... Yeah, no problem. The story made its self over night. I can't do more than 1,000 a day like some awesome people, but I can do that. I aim to win. xd.png

5,025 words exactly seems like a good stopping place for tonight. I sort of like how this is turning out. I got a decent amount of actual historical backstory in, and now I'm actually getting to the weird monster-y part of it more. It's coming I guess. I'm not sure how it'll actually turn out. I haven't even really gotten to the main character development yet, at least not for the historical part of it. So far I'm chugging through time by leaps and bounds, but once I get to the bulk of the story it's going to slow down a lot and actually be suspenseful and have more substance to it. I'm almost to the part in my historical context where they teach a couple natives English, at which point the bulk of the fiction part really begins with the addition of warnings of monsters wink.gif a monster which I haven't really envisioned in my head yet, but will have to be something thoroughly creative and amazing. Maybe zombies, but that's overdone. Dragons would be cool too, but I'm not sure how I could work it in. Idk, I'll figure it out tongue.gif

2.2 k down.

Jeez I feel like I should have more. But at least I got past 1.6 for today.

2.2 k down.

Jeez I feel like I should have more. But at least I got past 1.6 for today.

WTG!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Hey, you're actually doing it, and you exceeded your daily goal wink.gif BE HAPPY!! biggrin.gif just try to get past the goal every day and you'll be fine.

WTG!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Hey, you're actually doing it, and you exceeded your daily goal wink.gif BE HAPPY!! biggrin.gif just try to get past the goal every day and you'll be fine.

I just hope I can keep it up! <3

I'm up to 1077 words. I finished my prologue and tomorrow I'm going to start the first chapter.

-K-

I just started... I'm only at 500 words. I'm really doing bad so far. D:

I finished my daily quotient and I'm going a bit further, at 1972 words right now and still going steady. ^^ I'll finish pounding out the first chapter soon. It's got no plot or exposition in it but whatever words that make sense are goin' in anyways. xP I might go back and add a prologue once it forms for me.

I really gotta stop soon, I have homework xd.png

I'm only at 753 words! D: I'm drinking straight, black coffee to help keep me awake... I don't think I'll be able to make it, though, because my arm is fast asleep and it hurts to type.

I'm so proud of you guys! Keep up the good work!