prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Blargh, when I was coming home from school today I started trying to see the logic of my NaNo story and discovered it mskes no sense. I was going to have it set in futuristic Earth (blame the Hunger Games and Ray Bradbury) and just realized the geography I set up for it... doesn't make sense for Earth. So now it's just a regular fantasy world that just happens to be futuristic. With genetically engineered dragons. Yup. Gonna be a regular anachronism stew.

Ugh, I know. I changed it to a desk that I'd made, then I wanted to change it to a desk with text on it, but it keeps going back to the non-text one. I just gave up and was happy it let me change it back to my dragon...

But now it's letting me. Maybe leave it be for a while and try again later...?

It is driving me crazy. I've tried all night and it keeps reverting back to my first icon. It is driving me nuts! I want to change my icon to match my story...

6357 words so far

Aaaaagh 2,000 words left to write tonight, but need to go to bed early in order to wake up in time to write stuff tomorrow morning. Frickin' dilemmas.

So far my story has started out with a prologue about a colt getting trapped in a silent, nightmarish void, being chased almost to death by a horrible, barely-seen monster, having his wings ripped off, barely being saved in time to keep his soul from being absorbed, driven crazy, and running off into the night, covered in blood.

Then the next chapter is a silly one about Twilight being woken up too early, not being able to find parchment to make her list with, being an annoying customer at the Quill and Sofa Store without meaning to and nearly driving Davenport to tears in the process, nearly roasting Angel with a reflexive fireball by accident when he tries to steal her parchment for Fluttershy to make a friendship report with, realizing that she's also out of quills and having to go back to the Quill and Sofa Store, managing to get hopelessly lost (which is when she realizes that she really needs to get some more sleep, because Ponyville is tiny and she's lived there for over a year), wanders into Sugarcube Corner for coffee, and just as she starts to wax poetical over how the day really is as beautiful as it is sucky, a cardinal lands on the windowsill and makes rude gestures at her. Then she goes home to sleep for an hour or two before she has to go to her first appointment of the day as acting-psychiatrist, to comfort Lyra after Bon Bon has disappeared.

I'm both excited and slightly worried as to where this story is going to end.

BLARGH MUST WRITE

(Does 'ma'are' as a replacement for 'ma'am' sound too awkward?)

Edited by Carnivorous M.

I have 2,702 words. *dances*

And I did not start over again, like I was considering. I guess I'm just going to let it go where it will.

Well, I got my words for yesterday. Hopefully today's will come easier, too! But I'm off to bed now.

(It was really fun to write Atos discovering street lamps and cars. xd.png)

I'll just leave a little excerpt from Chapter 1 -Awakenings- here~

When he’d recovered from his shock and confusion, he made his way around the edge of the roof, looking down and around.  He slowly retreated back to the side he had come from, jumping down and leaving a small crater in the ground where he landed.  He shivered, very uneasy.  Making his way around to the front of a building again, he peered inside one of the large windows on the front.  There was no light inside, and it became very dark not too far into the building.  He moved to another, and another, each one the same.  He began to walk very quickly, the unease building as he broke into a run, the silence save for his own feet pounding against the hard ground ringing deafeningly in his ears as the realization sunk in.

This city is empty.

I've reached 4k, but I also think it's time for bed.

I just reached around 3.1k. I'm a little behind because of life xd.png I think I might bring my laptop to school tomorrow and continue on it, since I'm allowed to take notes on my laptop for AP History. I'll be sneaking a little NaNo-ing between lectures.

That's what I did last month! biggrin.gif Word of advice: if you're struggling for words, try thinking back to that dream and putting in little details.

Ohhh nice advice! Thank you!

Okay in order to catch up I must write 5000 words today... I can do this!

Have heard of this but never really checked it out. Hmm, sounds fun, though I'm 3 days behind ^^" Haven't had a plot or whatnot. Well maybe a genre, but well, since I have time, maybe I 'll give it a shot. biggrin.gif

Okay, so I've got an extra 500 words to add to my daily goal of 3,000 over the next few days.

-challengeaccepted.png-

I've got a half hour left and 666 words to add onto my current amount.

*firstpump* Yeah!

Typed up 841 words so for. My goal is about 1900 a day, which lets me finish on the 29th if I work hard. Let's do this!

You guys type so faaaast

1190, trying to get at least another 700 before I have to go to bed. Shouldn't be too hard.

You guys type so faaaast

1190, trying to get at least another 700 before I have to go to bed. Shouldn't be too hard.

I type extremely fast. What slows me down is when I hit writer's block xd.png Like now. I've only typed 600 words today, fail. Where is my writing muse.

I need to catch up. Considering I have a lot of work to do today as well. D:

And the NaNo WordWar chat isn't helping.

Ahhh 1500 words today, but seeing as this is my first day and my target for today was the highly unrealistic 5000 words... *shrugs* I can't write anymore I'm too tired, but it is really fun happy.gif

|D I should be studying for my big exam tomorrow, but I just breached 8500. I'm so proud of myself 8D

Wrote 1924 words today. If I can keep this up, I should finish right around the 30th. I can still submit my story then, right?

I'm probably going to lock myself in my room over the weekend with a laptop and type out 5K words. That will help a lot :V

None for today, given I spent nearly 12hrs travelling for a poxy 1hr session.

This is sad. My homework is getting in the way of my nano-ing! It's depressing!

I know, it should be the other way around, but I treasure my nano a lot more than homework.

|D I should be studying for my big exam tomorrow, but I just breached 8500. I'm so proud of myself 8D

Dannnnnng! Somebody's on fiiahhhhh!

I'm at about 7,100, but I'm shooting for between 8500 and 9000 tonight. Maybe I'll forgo sleep and shoot for 10k.

Got to 5069 today and that's where I'm going to stop. Maaaannn this plot is moving along so slowly but as long as I'll still have something to write about when I hit 49k right?