prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Hey now, no writing before the first. tongue.gif

I think I'm starting to get a vague idea of what I'm going to write, only problem is I have no plot yet. Dx

Probably going to abuse TVTropes' story generator and random button a lot.

It's the novel description, not the actual thing :~P

I think I'm starting to get a vague idea of what I'm going to write, only problem is I have no plot yet. Dx

Probably going to abuse TVTropes' story generator and random button a lot.

Not knowing what you're going to do is the best way to do it wink.gif

Not knowing what you're going to do is the best way to do it wink.gif

Quite the opposite for me. Like I said earlier on this page, I need outlines or notes or something to go off of.

Going to do it again. This year I'm writing the sequel story to last year's NaNo book.

... I just need to FINISH last year's book to know how to begin this year's book. :/

It's going to be a fun month. *tests and clubs and stuff*

-K-

101 Things You Should Know About Your Characters

I've got a hella busy day but this is getting done. >3 And I have like at least 9 characters off the top of my head I could do it for, most of which are main and will need the fleshing out.

Oh, and Mary Sue Litmus test after this. Note to self.

Edited by NixAyum

101 Things You Should Know About Your Characters

I've got a hella busy day but this is getting done. >3 And I have like at least 9 characters off the top of my head I could do it for, most of which are main and will need the fleshing out.

Oh, and Mary Sue Litmus test after this. Note to self.

Oh mine is gonna be a big Mary Sue. But I don't care :~P

At first draft, it's a 64.

Edited by Kestra15

I'm kind of scared I won't make it this month. I set my own goal for myself, but I probably won't make it.

Hope homework doesn't get in the way. D:

I /need/ copious amounts of pre-planning. >> Like, I'm already grumpy I have no idea what I'm doing by now. I want to have most of everything laid out before the actual count starts.

This.

Ooh, I'm so exciiiiited! This is my first NaNo year, and it's going to be so much fun! Except that my mom is all like 'AH WANTS STAN-DAHRDS FROM YEW' and she's probably going to read all of it if she possibly can, which will be unfortunate because it has a great deal of horror, violence, magic, the word 'freaking' (which she thinks is OMG SO BAD 'CAUSE IT'S LIKE THE F-WORD) and whatever in it. So hopefully she'll just forget about it/realize it's none of her business and back off. >_>

...Okay, calm down, Carnie. No bad thoughts. No bad thoughts. This is your first year of NaNo, and you're going to enjoy it. Hopefully...

I figure that it'll be kinda interesting to have two versions of my character interacting with each other as separate people.

I've decided that the Big Bad from the first story arc of one of the ones I'm using will show up to give a little speech about how the main hero isn't quite so different from him, and is in his own ways more of a monster than he ever was--and a hypocrite. This will also include a line that will strike the first blow against the fourth wall, and it will just be torn down from there. xd.png

I've always wanted to join NaNoWriMo since I first heard of it two years ago, but I just don't have enough guts to do it. Sure, I love writing, but I'm more of a fanfiction writer (basing my stories off existing games and TV series) than a novelist. Plus, I prefer to write at my own pace, and I'm afraid that the most I've ever managed in a month would be 30K.

I'll just leave it to the pros this year, and maybe enter next year when I've actually prepared. I can't wait to read everyone's literary works! :3

I've always wanted to join NaNoWriMo since I first heard of it two years ago, but I just don't have enough guts to do it. Sure, I love writing, but I'm more of a fanfiction writer (basing my stories off existing games and TV series) than a novelist. Plus, I prefer to write at my own pace, and I'm afraid that the most I've ever managed in a month would be 30K.

I'll just leave it to the pros this year, and maybe enter next year when I've actually prepared. I can't wait to read everyone's literary works! :3

Nothing wrong with writing a fan-fic. And the idea of the competition is to push you to write that little more. I've certainly never done anywhere near that amount in that time.

Edited by Kestra15

There is definitely nothing wrong with writing fanfic.

Last year, I wrote a 50,000 word fanfic for my favourite TV series. I would definitely recommend it if you want something to challenge you! I would probably never have done it without it!

Good luck if you do!

Just write what you can write. If you don't win, no big deal, there's always next year.

I personally am breaking the 'rules' slightly. I'm taking a novel that has been on the backburner, with absolutely no motivation, and going to finish that up. It's already at about 40k, and I hope to get it to 90k with NaNoWriMo. I'm currently re-reading it to catch myself up.

Eeek... only three days away 8D

Tried planning/outlining but as soon as I wrote things down they lost their magic, so I'm just going to keep everything in my head until the time comes to write the story. Hopefully I won't lose too many details.

Kick-off party tomorrow evening~ Can't wait.

When I first joined, I'd never written more than short stories for school. Not exactly what you'd call a "pro". Sure, I failed miserably, but when I did it again the next year, the longest work I'd ever written at that time was the previous year's NaNo at 6000+ words. Still not a "pro". Nevertheless, I managed to win that year.

Just give it a shot. The point isn't to win, it's to have fun and, as Kestra said, to push yourself to write more than you think you can. Feel free to write fanfiction if you like. Plenty of people have and will be doing that. Also, preparation isn't always necessary (;

Ever since I've heard of NaNoWriMo on this forum, I've always wanted to join it. However, I've heard that it requires so much time to preplan. Hm... maybe next year.

Ever since I've heard of NaNoWriMo on this forum, I've always wanted to join it. However, I've heard that it requires so much time to preplan. Hm... maybe next year.

Planning isn't required; my friend is doing Nano and is *still* trying to work out what to write. She hasn't got a title, a plot...not even a genre. So you can just go for it. One of their quotes is "No plot, no problem!"

Planning isn't required; my friend is doing Nano and is *still* trying to work out what to write. She hasn't got a title, a plot...not even a genre. So you can just go for it. One of their quotes is "No plot, no problem!"

Hm, alright. I guess I'll give it a shot this year.

...now I need story ideas. Fantasy story ideas.

You can even just sit down and start writing. Stories might just come to you. I only have a basic plot that's not even making much sense, and no other ideas. But I guess it's to make your creative juices flow. I'm just going to write. :3

It's tomorrow! I won't be able to start! D:

Decided I was gonna do it at the last minute. No planning. Dunno how this is gonna work...

Hm, alright. I guess I'll give it a shot this year.

...now I need story ideas. Fantasy story ideas.

What kind of fantasy do you like?

sdfghjk panic tiiiiiime.

I barely have a plot and have very skeletal characters and I'm antsy and aughdfnrto.

I barely wrote a thousand words last year :T But this year I'm gonna shoot for it. While I was showering I had a ttly original idea! I'm going to rehash one of my characters from this one Pokemon RP and give him a plot from his backstory. I really want to change the Pokemon aspect of it, but if I'm eventually too lazy to worldbuild a non-Pokemon world I'll probably give that up and write what amounts to a Pokemon fanfic. A Pokemon fanfic that meanders crazily and goes nowhere.