prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Before Thanksgiving, I wasn't even halfway done - I had a few thousand to go before then.

Now I have less than three thousand to finish. : D

Congrats to all the winners so far!

And congrats to anyone that wrote anything whatsoever!

NaNo's almost done, everyone! Good job! Can't wait for next year. 'Cause I hope I will actually do it then..

@Coco Your actually doing the recomended quota. That's more than what I can say.

YAYZ!!!

Ironically, today did turn out to be a partial snow day, and school was called out just before seventh period (one of only two I take at the public school) so I had another hour more to write, plus, my mom wasn't able to get into town, so I gotta skip out on my appointment.

So, after a bit of grueling writing (not really, actually I enjoyed it immensely) I've FINISHED NANOWRIMO!!! EEEEEP!!! xd.png First time I've won, second time I've actually participated.

*ahem*

user posted image

That is all.

My novel actually isn't finished... but I have other stuff to focus on currently... and I'm a bit burnt out... maybe I'll finish it this weekend... tongue.gif

-K-

595 words left... Who thinks I can finish today? lol

EDIT: I AM DONE. HOOOOOLY POOPSICLES ON A STICK I AM AWESOME.

Edited by 7hippo7

Congrats to everybody who finished! You guys rock!

And so do the rest of you people who tried but didn't, for whatever reason. :3

user posted image

30 days. 51,063 words (lost two from Word to the validation monkey). 100 pages. I am now an official winner of NaNoWriMo for the fourth year in a row.

Congrats to all the finishers and good luck to anyone not quite there yet!

And to anyone who participated, be extremely proud of yourself for just writing something this month!

user posted image

30 days. 51,063 words (lost two from Word to the validation monkey). 100 pages. I am now an official winner of NaNoWriMo for the fourth year in a row.

Congrats to all the finishers and good luck to anyone not quite there yet!

And to anyone who participated, be extremely proud of yourself for just writing something this month!

I lost about four hundred words from docs to the word counter. rolleyes.gif Silly little monkey that it is.

I had to get over 7k in today, and only have a little more than 3k left at 11:27 AM. I'll be able to finish! What a ride these last eight days have been.

Too far behind. I won't win this year. Third participation, only won my first year. Next year.

As long as no character breaks off partway through and starts their own story and wants me to write theirs at that moment.

Well, through a lot of nonsensical rambling (if I edit this story, it's going to be a ground-up rewrite. . .) and about 8 hours on Sunday devoted to writing, I am done. Official. Now I sit back and twiddle my thumbs.

I lost about four hundred words from docs to the word counter. rolleyes.gif Silly little monkey that it is.

Lol, ouch. That's why I wrote a thousand more before validating - just in case. As I know someone who did lose about a thousand to the monkey. He must have been eating a banana at the time or something. x3

Congrats to the new finishers! And also to those of you that have actually finished your books! :B

Congrats to everyone who's won!

Also...

user posted image

YEAH!

Hey, congrats, soupnazi!

Thanks! It was a long road, but I ended up with a first draft of two novellas, a short story which I'll probably scrap, and a good proof of concept, so I'm nice and happy!

Edited by soupnazi

Congrats, Soup! And Aquamarine! And everyone I haven't mentioned!

I won! Can't believe I managed it! And was expecting to at least be struggling to finish within the final hour. Plus, the novel is also finished. Though I may make a sequal, prequal, and who knows what else.

I lost. Not in the sense of "I didn't quite reach 50k", but the fact that I absolutely, flat-out LOST. I'm not going to be upset over it, though. I'm just gonna keep writing till my story's done, three years from now, or twenty.

Congrats to all those who were able to get it together and win.

Edited by Shay-la!

It's ok, Shay-la! the point was to get the ball rolling no?

That, and you always have next year.

So I got to 50K and was like, WOO!

Then I remembered that the NaNo site subtracts several words (Word doc vs. site).

And I was like... "dammit."

But now woo done yay. /dies

So I got to 50K and was like, WOO!

Then I remembered that the NaNo site subtracts several words (Word doc vs. site).

And I was like... "dammit."

But now woo done yay. /dies

Congrats! And to everyone else that's managed to win on this final day of NaNoing (well, for many people).

WOOT! I won!

And instead of taking words away from me, it gave me words!

I had 50,102 and it said I had 50,121.

Well, I won either way! Yippee!!!

Now to edit like crazy and get it published!

~*~

Congrats to the other NaNo winners!

Maybe next year...I'll probably be unemployed anyway.