prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Congrats!

I'm still not even at 21k yet... >.<

Okay, I need a suggestion for getting super-motivated. I need to write more than 4k words a day to finish on time. anybody have any ideas?

And congrats, EeveeSkitty! That's awesome!

I really just started this morning. Got it up to 1 1/2 k in a few hours. However, with school work, I'm not sure if I'll get it done it time. I'm just an insane, master procrastinator.

@KegaSora If I knew where your story's at, right now, I might have some ideas. I've had my own various ideas, both comical and serious, for ghosts/death/etc.

Edited by Bourne151

Incite change, Sora. That gives you something to write about, at least smile.gif.

I'm getting better this week, but now I've got a monster cold and want to do little else but lie down. I've got about 200 words left until I hit 1667 for the day. I am determined not to get behind at all in the home stretch. But how much can I write about a place I've only seen through YouTube videos? cool.gif.

Ok, I must be working very very slow, cause I see my updates for 33K and 34K and I'm now at 35K.

I have been sick, so I have an excuse but now I need to crack down and write 2k or more every night.

Good luck guys. We can do it!!!

You guys should beware of getting sick. It's what did me in during 2008. All it takes is that little fal behind... anyway, I've got 3k over a few hours of writing. I don't know what's crazier: the fact that I've joined so very late, or that I'm starting to believe I can still make it, since right now it seems I could put 5k in a day. Good luck, everyone else!

I am so far behind..

But this week I have the house to myself, so except for work, I can write in peace. As long as my characters co-operate.

I was caught up yesterday, but I haven't done mine today. At least I have a five day weekend to make up for it, and hopefully get far ahead.

This is my first time...too bad my story has no plot.

FutureVampie, sometimes no plot can be awesome. All depends.

At 4k, I'm not far from my quota for the day.^^

EDIT: Make that 5k, quota met. Succesful first day.

Edited by Bourne151

I really just started this morning. Got it up to 1 1/2 k in a few hours. However, with school work, I'm not sure if I'll get it done it time. I'm just an insane, master procrastinator.

@KegaSora If I knew where your story's at, right now, I might have some ideas. I've had my own various ideas, both comical and serious, for ghosts/death/etc.

I'm at the point where the 3 good MCs have met up and are just about to discover the thread that ties them all together.

They're watching a local news report on a nasty fatal car accident. One of them is like "Hey. I woke up right around there. I have a few similarities to that kid who was put in a coma, and I had a flashback to that. I think I was that kid." The other two are like "Cool, now you know, and damn you for not being dead that means you might someday get back into your body."

Then they show a picture of the driver, who was killed. He was being pursued by police, and has wanted for a number of things including armed robbery of a bank, as well as the abduction, rape and murder of one of the patrons at the bank. One of them flies into a rage, being all "THAT'S THE censorkip.gif ER WHO SHOT ME!" and the other just kind of shuts down and has a breakdown, because she was the abduction/rape/murder victim.

After psycho-guy calms down and breakdown-girl recovers a bit, they realize that they are connected through him. I just...

Actually, thanks. I just needed to write that out to plan it out to get it to play out right. xd.png

Lol, sometimes just writing it our helps. Even faking a conversation can help.

Yeah, it can. I like that about writing, it can be prompted in ways you wouldn't think it would be.

Aand then last night a character that I was counting on said that she couldn't make it to my NaNo this year, because I am planning on turning this year's into a web-comic, and her story is more fit for a series of novels. Great. Now I have to replace her.

Respect for their creators? pshhhh. I've met maybe three characters like that

also, 10 K in one day, but still not caught up. Bugger.

Okay, SO.

I'm now writing a fourth book (the third gave me horrible writer's block) so now I'm writing a slightly frivolous story about a kid who has a really weird life, then stranger things start happening (namely things from YWP dares). Anyone else thought of making a story almost completely based around dares?

Respect for their creators? pshhhh. I've met maybe three characters like that

also, 10 K in one day, but still not caught up. Bugger.

I haven't seen a character who respects their creator without motivation, either. Mine mostly play along because they're afraid of me. They know I'm not above cheap one-shots where they undergo unspeakable things. So they usually cooperate because of that. >D I find that a little force usually helps out...

If a setting is being hard to handle, however... D:

My character's don't know they're a story, so I just try to not torture them too much. >> If they knew...no, no cooperation at all. One would probably try to kill me, one would be stubborn and refuse to do anything that isn't going back to her husband and kid, one would bug me to give him pretty girls and more action, and the other would be too busy trying to corral everyone back together to bother with me.

@Bourne151

Thanks for the advice, but she's not gonna listen. And since she's a quiet character, this means she is serious.

But, she only had one small appearance so far, and hasn't had her big introduction, so it's not too bad. Of course, now she wants me to write her story now..

Maybe I'll introduce an author character who talks about his writing..

@Soup Dares look like fun. I might sometime, for all I know.

@Russian 10k in one day? Your a rockstar!

Gah, I forgot that November was NaNoWriMo! Curses.

I signed an account though. Doing it next year. I've wanted to write a book since I was in the second grade, but I've never finished anything. So I'm going to. It'll be good for me. :3

40K words! YES!

Lets see, my charcters.

So far I killed off one character, made another one have short term amnesia and had a third one kidnapped by a stalker.

Oh, and I pushed an 11 year girl out of a tree, but she's ok.