prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Congratulations to everyone who won, and everyone who tried. smile.gif What a ride, huh? But NaNo isn't necessarily about getting that 50k -- it's also about pushing your limits and just trying something that you've never tried before.

Here's to next year!

Agreed! Like since I know I can write that much, in such a short time, I writing other things seems easier.

I wallow in the shame of only getting halfway done. ;-;

And now that the push is over, dunno if I'll have much motivation to write more on this. It was never going to be a published novel, but it's a very personal project. Already left the first two of their stories to die.

best time to get sick, on my thanksgiving break, where i could have written everything...

that's my excuse for not finishing...

sad.gif

im ashamed of myself.

@Nix Half-way is darn good, that's more than what many can do

@Sapphire Yeah, getting sick pretty-much did cause me to lose last time. They're some things that just can't be predicted.

Well, I'm hopefully going to finish my novel (since it's gone past 50K words and isn't over with) and have it edited completely by the end of december... After that I may post all or part of it on DA...

I hope it gets noticed... xd.png

-K-

Hrmmm... Anyone insane like me and want to try this? x3

I'm doing the August camp |D Desperately scrambling for an idea here, but I may have accidentally found something...

I might just get back to the one I was doing in November. After all, I'm now unemployed...

I might try for the August camp, might not. Probably won't get very far, though. Hmm... Maybe I could... Try that one idea...

...But that would require that I link something to myself that I've been trying to keep at least a little separate... But... Hrm... And I'd need to come up with some more information... Hmmm...

For this November, I figure I'll just write something really random instead of trying to plan it out. xd.png

Haha, I'm not prepared enough for November, let alone RIGHT NOW AGHGHGHGHGHGH.

I've gone for a head start this year and am writing an outline, and I already have a better idea of what's going on with my novel than last year. I might actually be able to win with just one novel!

Everyone who wants to try out Camp NaNoWriMo...go for it! I just finished a July NaNo a few days ago, and it's really fun, and they'll be adding more features to the site in August ;D

Won't be able to do August, but will try to do something for November.

I want to do NaNoWriMo, but I'm a slow writer. D: Plus, I have school in November.

August NaNo starts today! Wheee~ <3

It's interesting to try and juggle writing and school and trips and orchestra and band and jazz band and chamber orchestra and auditions. I somehow managed to win last November. x3

Cabins? ohmy.gif WHO WANTS TO SHARE A CABIN WITH ME? I PROMISE TO BE GOOD AND NOT LEAVE MY CHOCOLATE BARS ALL OVER THE PLACE... THOUGH IF YOU FIND ONE ON YOUR BUNK, IT'S YOURS! <3333 My name's DeviousBookworm... so... OwO

Edited by Devious_Bookworm

Guys, pardon the newbish question, but is this an actual camping trip? There's a website for the August Nano Camp, and on the Main Site, Lindsey is explaining things to take on the trip. Halp.

I don't think it's an actual camping trip... I took that message a bit satirically, but... I know I'm writing from the comfort of my own bedroom... x3

Hyuuu~ Try 'n post your user information here so we can track one another... or sommat. 'cause stalking is fun, right? >:3

This is me! <3

Spur of the moment, very randomly decided to join with a vague character idea and a vague plot idea mostly inspired by a song. >.> Hopefully it become less vague. xd.png Woo!

This is me! >.> I don't even have a title yet. xd.png

Hey, sounds almost just like my original plan biggrin.gif

... except now I think I'm doubling up and reviving an old novel idea of mine from my very first NaNo...

I've called top bunk! Feel free to add me on your cabinmate list biggrin.gif

And no, it's not a real camping trip xd.png It's just a very camp-themed NaNo.

Also, is anyone else taking advantage of the Traveling Blue Tent of Woah? I have, it's become... kind of the only other character in my story xd.png

I will now that I know about it! x3 *doesn't have time to check the NaNo forums and DCF* Hooray for medieval fantasy settings where characters travel around and are often too poor to sleep in inns and taverns! One character will have a blue tent... and it will be mine... and I will call it squishy and... *blinks* Enchanted blue tent whar? *shifty eyes*

Merp

I fail so much when it comes to sticking to things. I only got to 11k words last November. Let's hope that camp NaNoWriMo helps me get a better job done.