prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

What kind of fantasy do you like?

Er, I don't know how to explain it in a few adjectives... but I loved the fantasy in Eragon.

I barely wrote a thousand words last year :T But this year I'm gonna shoot for it. While I was showering I had a ttly original idea! I'm going to rehash one of my characters from this one Pokemon RP and give him a plot from his backstory. I really want to change the Pokemon aspect of it, but if I'm eventually too lazy to worldbuild a non-Pokemon world I'll probably give that up and write what amounts to a Pokemon fanfic. A Pokemon fanfic that meanders crazily and goes nowhere.

Nothing wrong with fan-fic!

I finally have an opening for the story hashed out - how Mr Kestra gets mixed up with the TARDIS crew, how to get the Silurians involved, etc. Just itching for midnight now!

Tange: So you can write something set in the Eragon universe, or a generic dragon-rider story.

SO STOKED for NaNoWriMo!

Also, because I'm just kinda throwing it around everywhere, I'm Soupnazi on there (how original!) if anyone wants to buddy me.

Whoa 46 minutes? I still got a whole 5 hours. xd.png but I'm starting after school tomorrow. wonder if I can make it.

EDIT: If anyone wants to follow me I'm here: link-y

Edited by lachrymation

I'm actually off to bed in a bit, so it doesn't matter that it starts soon :~P

Ooh, this is gonna be so much fuuuun! I still got just under six hours to go before it starts, although I'm probably going to have to be in bed by then. ._.

I'm setting the alarm on my DS (which is, sadly, more effective than the one on my clock) for two hours early during NaNo; I'm a homeschooler, so I don't have to worry too much about keeping my sleep cycle in order. xd.png

I'm gonna write a Friendship is Magic fanfic based on an idea I had a while back (about the horrible ancient monster spirit pony thing that steals ponies wings, horns, cutie marks, eyes and souls), and see how it goes from there. I was thinking about doing my Floating Castle project this year, which is loosely based on an RP I started a while back and has since grown far beyond, but I realized that I just don't have it well-developed enough yet to write even a rough draft. It's a huge project, and it starts out with about sixty-four characters. :/

If anyone cares to see how my horrifying tale turns out, gimme a holler!

Good luck, all!

Um, I might try it this year, if I have time out of college. ._. I think most of my reluctance stems from my unconscious competitiveness, and how intimidated I feel of everyone else x)

I have an idea that I used to write about but got tired of because my writing didn't do what I wanted it to. Now that I've kind of reconfigured it, I hope to actually sit down one of these days and do something.

My biggest problem is my inner editor D: I unconsciously go through everything I write just after I write it and change various things, which can then lead to complete confusion and/or frustration and eventually quitting. :< Hnng, I made a page thing anyways.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/hazehpants

Muurrr, I hope I actually sit down and write out a fair amount. I haven't done any story writing for a long time.

Um, I might try it this year, if I have time out of college. ._. I think most of my reluctance stems from my unconscious competitiveness, and how intimidated I feel of everyone else x)

I have an idea that I used to write about but got tired of because my writing didn't do what I wanted it to. Now that I've kind of reconfigured it, I hope to actually sit down one of these days and do something.

My biggest problem is my inner editor D: I unconsciously go through everything I write just after I write it and change various things, which can then lead to complete confusion and/or frustration and eventually quitting. :< Hnng, I made a page thing anyways.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/hazehpants

Muurrr, I hope I actually sit down and write out a fair amount. I haven't done any story writing for a long time.

A big point of NaNo is writing HUGE chunks without revision, which is an exercise in restraint for most of us who have particularly enthusiastic inner editors wink.gif my story is going to have to write itself. I have nothing as far as outline goes. My story is loosely based on history, which means this year is going to be harder for me xd.png I can't just sit down and make it up, I'll actually have to consult reality every once in awhile -.- *sigh* I hate coming up for air when I'm deep in writing.

I might try it this year, but somehow I always end up losing enthusiasm during the writing, I don't know why. I'm all pumped up at the beginning and am so for the next few days then it dies down and I just ditch :0

I might try it this year, but somehow I always end up losing enthusiasm during the writing, I don't know why. I'm all pumped up at the beginning and am so for the next few days then it dies down and I just ditch :0

Heh, I hit 10k in the first few days, then didn't get anywhere for the next week or so, then made a mad dash for the win at the end tongue.gif the story wrapped up JUST over 50k.

It starts in just a few hours... *rubs hands*

I barely know what I'm going to write this year! xd.png

... oh crap, I didn't remember...

... um...

I NEED A PLOT IN LESS THAN TWO HOURS D:

... um...

OKAY SOOOOO there's this guy. Annnnnd he goes to this place. And there's this girl he loves, and she gets kidnapped by... uh... derp... ALIENS! But not just ANY aliens, they're... uh... NINJA ALIENS!! Yeah, gotta have ninjas... and... er... he has to... fly to rescue her. Or something. tongue.gif

Here's my page if anybody wants to add me as a writing buddy.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/philpot

... um...

Potatoes!

~

Less than an hour for me and I've got like a twelve page essay test to write tomorrow, too. And a lab report. D|

Potatoes!

~

Less than an hour for me and I've got like a twelve page essay test to write tomorrow, too. And a lab report. D|

But I can't stretch a Portal fanfiction that long! D:

... TO THE INTERNET! -zooms-

CAN'T YOU?

/knows nothing about Portal except potato =P

No D: Believe me, I considered it...

Gwar. Should I resort to gobbling all my Coffee Crisps at once (yes, I have coffee-infused chocolate bars. Go trick-or-treating! biggrin.gif) or just stay up all night and let the natural hallucinations do their work.

... or should I go back to trying to create a Lovecraftian entity...

No D: Believe me, I considered it...

Gwar. Should I resort to gobbling all my Coffee Crisps at once (yes, I have coffee-infused chocolate bars. Go trick-or-treating! biggrin.gif) or just stay up all night and let the natural hallucinations do their work.

... or should I go back to trying to create a Lovecraftian entity...

Actually I bet you could. Give us a fanfic from the Aperture Scientist's perspective of people going through the testing chamber, start from wayyy back when and go through. Make up some ridiculous Aperture tests (Cave Johnson: Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts) and just go at it!! I could see that being perfectly possible biggrin.gif

Okay, got my mom to let me stay up until one in the morning to write last night. Got about 1,300 words written in 45 minutes; got another 1,500 written in the last hour. I've got one hour left before I need to start my day today, so let's see how it turns out.

Good luck to all! -cracks knuckles and gets back to work-

(Also, write the Portalfic, Dr. Paine. I want to read it when it's finished. 8D)

Wow, can't believe November 1st is almost over here O.o

I managed to stay up last night and got about 670 words under my belt. The only problem is I only have the beginning scene planned and now that it's written out, I have no idea what happens next unsure.gif

Oh yeah, and my father has also chosen this month to be home and constantly hounds me for my laptop password so he can lock it at 11 P.M. (And he's going to win no matter what because it's a school laptop.) Yeah like that's going to make me sleep early. dry.gifcensorkip.gif

Author’s note

The following record describes both modern day occurrences and historical facts, brought together to provide background into one of the most monumental discoveries of an era. The ancient historical accounts within were pieced together through careful examination of facts, historical records, journals, and personal inferences. As such, the language reflects a more modern tone. However, the facts stand as stated, accurate and reliable. The modern day account is exactly as was recounted by one of the young men involved in the discovery, transcribed by the author. The other was unavailable for comment, and as such, his account could not be compared to that of his companion’s. However, the author stands by this account as reliable and factual. Furthermore, the details within may be considered both shocking and disturbing to some individuals. With all due warning, the reader’s view of the world in which he lives may be unshakably altered as a result of this account. You have been warned.

Muahaha biggrin.gif

I joined, and I've got 900 words down. I aim to hit 2000 today, although that is PROBABLY not going to happen lol.