prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Started using Write or Die, because I'm terribly behind schedule.

Got to 32k, and if I work towards it, maybe I could get to 40.

Oh man, I need that.

But I'm sleeping and then going out shopping so I doubt I can do it. e.e

That sounds like a great way for me to put in the extra five thousand I'll need to finish! Awesome idea, says I!

I'm now 3573 words ahead. smile.gif At this point I only need to write 951 words a day to finish on the 30th, but I expect I'll finish a couple of days early.

I'm not sure how good what I've written actually is, and the first draft won't be complete, but I got another 50k on the book! Yay!

I think I'm gonna have to check out Write or Die. I'm so far behind. xd.png

...But not right now, because I need to take the laptop someplace where there's no Internet so I can get away from the SCREAMING. Card games should not cause people to reach that level of LOUD... D:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/node/3899696

... Who else besides me is going to try this? tongue.gif

-K-

I may be forced to. :U

/will probably have to write another 5k today, while still not being caught up

Having some problems with my story, trying to think about shoving my final plot ideas in, and trying to get as many characters (that I need) introduced as I could.

I'm so close to finishing I can taste it. e_e

When I first starting writing this, I was really ahead, and I was like, "Yeaaaaaaaah, I can totally do this", then I hit the halfway mark, and I was like, "There's no chance in Hell I'm going to be able to do this."

And thankfully, I'm now back to that first one. >:Y

My character got knocked out and woke up in a bathtub full of meatballs in a five star hotel in Bangladesh.

I LOVE that dare.

After spending the day playing guitar with my brother-in-law and his uncle (and more or less alienating the rest of the family - I almost felt bad wink.gif), I've resigned myself that today I will likely be behind. And now that I've strayed so far from my outline, I've got to come up with a new conflict for my MC and one of her cast mates on the boat. Any ideas of what could set off a major dispute between an oceanography professor and a young underwater filmmaker?

@aquamarine84

Perhaps the filmmaker wants an 'action' shot that would disturb the balance that the professor thinks/knows is crucial to the environment?

Well, I don't think that I will be able to hit the 50k mark.. Simply because I have work every night, and that cuts my writing time into practically zilch. Oh well. I got a good way in for my webcomic.

Something like how much interfering with natural balance humans can do with underwater life?

Any ideas of what could set off a major dispute between an oceanography professor and a young underwater filmmaker?

... Pyrotechnics... *sunglasses*

Okay, it's Friday, so... 28,758 words right now... I need to get to 38,758 by midnight.

Time to rock and roll.

-K-

Edited by Kamak

I have a friend who was showing me some wonderful dive shots she and her husband took for a film the reef contest. She was talking about how many of the other divers would do things like pick up and move organisms to get 'a better shot', and how much care a responsible diver has to take not to kick the reef (to stabilize yourself in the water you've got to be kicking pretty constantly).

45K!

Only 5K to go!

WOOT!

~*~

Congrats, Kamak!

That is a whole lot of words in one day.

Good job, Kamak! 8D

I've written 7k words the past few days and am still behind, but I'll finish on time. :3

I won last night! Yay!

But my story is far from finished, so I'm going to try to keep up this pace for a little longer and finish it.

1633 words away from the finish line. smile.gif I may wrap things up tomorrow! (Well, "wrap up" is a relative term -- the book is far FAR from finished, but I'll hit 50k. Woot!)

ETA: And congratulations to all who have won so far! To everyone else: YOU CAN DO IT! GO GO GO! WRITE WRITE WRITE! *waves pom-poms*

Edited by prairiecrow

@KageSora I think we know the same people in regards to card games, lol.

@Soup Glad someone took that dare!

I'm at about 27k now, that's two for todays quata, but I'll probably have to fill in extra, since I've got a lot of college work due before December.

Okay, I think my biggest problem is that I'm intimidated by my story.

I have a lot of unconnected events that have to occur, but I have no idea how to connect them, or anything.

I'm definitely going to have timeskips...

Anybody know the best way to take disjointed, hard-to-connect scenes and get them strung together?

And I need a way for my characters to communicate with people across the world--but they're all dead, so... Hrm...

I'm so far behind, I have to do over 12k words a day to finish on time... Ahahaha... /dead

I don't even want to think about how far behind I am. ._. And with two term papers and two other papers and books to read and 3 optional papers to maybe do...dunno if I'll finish.