wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It depends on the dragon. If I absolutely have to, I will take one. But if I find one I usually release it into the AP. Give it to someone who really wants it.

Back when I didn't care, I inbred my silvers and sometimes golds. Now I regret that.

I don't mind inbred dragons but I do not inbreed my own. That being said I DO breed dragons that are inbreds, usually with other inbreds or a random CB.

...and no those two sentences are not the same wink.gif

If I am trading however, I do not offer inbreds because of how picky other traders are, and will usually just gift inbred dragons - even the rares. I also do not accept inbreds in trades, generally speaking, unless they are rares.

that being said i think too many people are making a fuss over "inbreeding", i mean you do realize most of the european monarchy is what we would consider "inbred", right? yet look at how highly we regard them.

I really like inbreds with a purpose, like a special lineage of inbred dragons (which I'm planning to do). I don't mind inbreds for dragons like Reds, Pinks, and Purples, since I'll just use them for BSA benefits. I don't really like inbreds of other species and/or without a purpose, but I'd never kill a dragon just because it's inbred.

I don't mind inbred dragons but I do not inbreed my own. That being said I DO breed dragons that are inbreds, usually with other inbreds or a random CB.

Same.

And my so-called 'inferior' Waterwalker is my best Thunder breeder.

At this point, since the risk from vamp bites is greater than I want to risk, I now freeze the inbreds that wander in from the AP. They do all get proper care and names, and will all eventually have their stories told. I just don't want them for trades or breeding.

I voted for "other" b/c while I don't collect them, I don't mind them either. If I get an inbred I throw it back, but I want to start my own inbred lineage.

inbred eggs get tossed back to the AP. basically all hatchies off the AP without a lineage i want to keep is frozen, inbred or not. i avoid breeding inbreds. i dont have any to offer as a trade, and i wont take any as an offer.

i avoid them, but i dont look at them as bad. i just think that, when building a lineage, its a more fun challenge to get more individual dragons in it than to just breed a couple on your scroll over and over to each other. wink.gif

I don't keep inbreds, I toss them back to the AP.

I have a few on my scroll, back from when I was newer and didn't quite understand the lineages. I can't stand to get rid of those because they are sentimental.

But I won't keep any new inbreds that come onto my scroll *shrug* I just don't like it.

Very interesting thread ohmy.gif never crossed my mind that inbreeding could be an issue, I just started a few weeks ago so I had no idea tongue.gif but it doesn't bother me at all I'll keep all inbreds I get from the abandoned area (still don't know the acronyms rolleyes.gif ) My goal right now is to collect all the dragons, and I actually like when the lineage page is long, messy is ok too biggrin.gif I actually just found out I have an egg whose great great great x4? grandparents are related blink.gif its fun to follow the lineage and see what happened along the way. Since they are pixels it's ok, no health problems there, and they all look as pretty as the rest. But once I start breeding I guess I'll have to be careful since a lot of people reject inbreds, I don't want my eggs to get abandoned or killed sad.gif vampires are cool tho' cool.gif . I wrote a lot blink.gif my point is, I'll care for them in the same way, whether they are inbred or not \(^o^)/

Very interesting thread ohmy.gif never crossed my mind that inbreeding could be an issue, I just started a few weeks ago so I had no idea tongue.gif but it doesn't bother me at all I'll keep all inbreds I get from the abandoned area (still don't know the acronyms rolleyes.gif ) My goal right now is to collect all the dragons, and I actually like when the lineage page is long, messy is ok too biggrin.gif I actually just found out I have an egg whose great great great x4? grandparents are related blink.gif its fun to follow the lineage and see what happened along the way. Since they are pixels it's ok, no health problems there, and they all look as pretty as the rest. But once I start breeding I guess I'll have to be careful since a lot of people reject inbreds, I don't want my eggs to get abandoned or killed sad.gif vampires are cool tho' cool.gif . I wrote a lot blink.gif my point is, I'll care for them in the same way, whether they are inbred or not \(^o^)/

Yea, I'm fairly new as well and found out like a week after I started that inbreeding is actually an issue for some people on here. There is another thread about inbreeding and I just posted there saying that I don't understand why people have an issue with inbreds. It's not illegal and doesn't cause deformities like with humans an live animals. I don't go hunting for them in the AP, but I think inbreeding is a good way for newbies to start a breeding. It's easy, don't have to go hunting for 10 CB eggs and wait for them to hopefully gender right. One could make a very pretty lineage all with the same pair. It's a good way for a newbie to get the hang of things in the world of breeding. I plan on doing an inbred lineage with my 2 Moonstones b/c they're so gorgeous.

I will attempt to avoid getting inbreds, but if I ever create one or pick one up by accident, I will usually keep it. It's not the poor egg's fault anyway :/

I recently discovered that the original split female that I've been breeding is actually inbred. I was liek "oh crap" for five seconds, before I realized it doesn't really matter.

My biggest problem with inbreds is that other people have a problem with them--as in, I don't like to breed inbred dragons unless they're for me because they may end up unwanted or killed. I know plenty of people don't mind inbreeding, but I don't find a point in breeding sought-after dragons if so many people will hate the lineage. Right now I'm doing a lot of CB collecting anyway, so I don't want lineage of any kind, but if I'm not looking to breed the dragon raising an inbreed isn't a huge deal. I favour them for freezing, but I've got plenty of adult inbreeds on my scroll, including one of my first dragons, Wesley.

...in other words, "Other".

I don't generally care for inbreeding. Exceptions aside, I don't generally bother collecting inbreds.

HOWEVER, I do specifically only collect inbred water walkers. Inbred water walkers are just plain 100% concentrated awesome.

<3

I do keep frozen inbred hatchies, though. Mainly because I always need place holders, and those are the most readily available.

:3

Edited by Pink

I LOVE the beautiful inbred dragons over on the inbred even gen thread. I was contemplating doing a project like that with my Tinsel one day. Other than that, though, I hate inbreds. Not for any moral reason, but because I don't like the look of the lineages involving them. There's something satisfying about knowing there aren't any repeating names in a lineage.

A part of me doesn't care, but after the lineage feature came out I went and found out all the adult dragons that were inbred and replaced them with clean ones (with a couple of exceptions: one is a Dorkface Black (which I avoid breeding) and another I was using for a lineage thing that I gave up on and just haven't replaced her yet).

That said, I do have a frozen inbred hatchling project where I am trying to get one inbred of each (non-rare/holiday) species to freeze. Besides that, I usually just toss them back, or if I feel like doing my part to help clean up the AP grab a bunch of eggs and hatch them: I freeze/release the ones that are inbred, while the clean ones I just abandon.

Edit: oh and I just started a project where I am purposely inbreeding just to see how many gens I can go before I get sick of it (basically just using one male ever, like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/gM4Em)

Edited by Slaskia

did you guys know that most, if not all of are inbred in some way. old times, people married cousins etc. its just weird if you think about them now. yes, it may sound sick but if a 12g and 12g who both have the same 1st gen ancestor, its not so bad compared to 2g and 2g with the same parents.

I was going through my scroll when the lineage feature was first implemented and I discovered that almost all of my black dragons were inbred sad.gif I picked up a bunch of AP dragons when I first started and bred them like crazy for the alt lotto. Same with my seasonals. The dragons hold nestalgic value, so I won't release them or kill them. I just don't breed them and if I forget who was inbred and breed them by mistake, I just freeze the hatchie. I do the same with eggs from the AP. I picked up 2 Hellfires that were crazy inbred, but the lineages were nice so I just froze them.

This. Except I actually like inbreds. Especially pretty lined ones.

I don't mind inbred dragons. Usually, I just abandon them, surely there is someone out there who collects them and would love to have them.

I don't think inbreds are a big deal. Whenever I get an egg that I've been trying to get for a long time, I don't abandon it if its inbred.

personally, i dont care if a dragon is inbred. i really dont care about their lineage much.