CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

Remembered one from many many years ago.

Relentless: Little Big Adventure.

Halfway through the game, we reach the mountains. I have access to the southern hemisphere and all the islands therein, but need to do something important on the northern half of the planet.

Unfortunately, the way back to the dock where my boat lies is blocked by very powerful elephant clones that take me out in a single tracking shot. So as a result, I'm unable to get to my vessel no matter how hard I run through that area. I spent hours searching the mountains, both the military base and the village, trying to find another way to get there.

I run up to kill a guard, but misstep and get shot. I'm knocked back into what looked like the edge of the area. And zone in to the neighbouring piece of the map.

I appear right next to the boat.

Oh.

Shadow of the Colossus.

Versus colossus #9, Basaran.

Tried to avoid his lazors without Agro.

Guess what happened.

Well, the Tank's music is pretty noticeable. It goes 'Da da da DAAAAAAAAA...' when a Tank spawns. And the Charger's music isn't as loud. And there's always the subtitles. When it's on, it will say [Tank rage] or [Tank throws concrete] or something like that.

Well, I've just cleared out the area, collected all the items, fought some battles, etc.

I should go to the save point!

But wait, there's a monster here! It's big and powerful and at least 10 levels stronger than my party, if not 15! It will most likely exhaust my supply of healing items and then proceed to curb stomp my party.

What to do? The choice is clear: ATTAAAAAAAAAACK!

...And then reload, and attack again and again and again until I win, not bothering to restock healing items or level up in between. xd.png

Playing Oblivion, lv 35, leader of every faction including Dark Brotherhood(And that was difficult without getting more then one murder point), I was strolling across the main bridge to the Imperial city and I fell off. Landed in between two rocks and the wall... Couldn't move anywhere, however a nearby mudcrab (Who I know had been stalking me) sidled up to me and started to hit me. I couldn't hit him with either sword or magic, I couldn't run, I couldn't even fast travel because of that stupid little crab... So I got killed by a mudcrab... The weakest enemy next to rats and it kills me at lv 35... Sad day indeed. sad.gif

Edited by Blackcatzombie

Skyrim has my latest one. Level 30-ish with light armor, I see my first Edler Dragon. My initial thought was "Haven't killed one of these yet... Go time baby!!!! >:)". One breath shot later, almost dead, I chug a potion. By the time i stopped being on fire, and after drinking that potion of extreme healing, I had a small sliver of health left. My new reaction became "Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom RRRRRRUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".... Shortly after this, I encountered an Edler and Frost dragon at the same time, barely getting away with any health, only to get killed by a nearby forsworn archer... Skyrim.... Y u hatez on me? T_T

Four Swords Adventures:

I was fighting my way through the Wind Tower and trying to get the last moon pearl I needed. I was in the room that had the spikes and floating hands... I was running across the gaps, avoiding the spikes and the floating hands, got to the chest without loosing any life and opened the chest. I nabbed the moon pearl, started to run back and got hit by a spikey thing. I fell. I started to run again, got hit again, got hit by a hand after the spike had knocked me onto a nearby ledge, tried to kill the hand, missed and fell off. I have two hearts left. I started to run again, fell as I ran into a wall. I made it to the other side and started to run my way back to the entrance of the room using the 'tunnels' and I got to the opening. I started to switch to the other people and repeated the same process. The last guy with the moon pearl I couldn't figure out how to get over the gaps so I kept running him off the edge until he died...

I remembered afterward that I could have used the first guy to call all the others back to me... I still don't know how I forgot that xd.png

I was playing Darksiders on Apocalyptic mode and was on the last fight, got soo close, then had a sneeze attack, and not only lost, but kicked my 360, which scratched my game to the point it was no longer playable. That was difficult explaining to my sister who owned it.

That was my most recent fail. There are just... so many.

Playing SMT: Nocturne/Lucifer's

Wandering around the Amala Network when I bump into a NPC Child/Ghost at a fork in the path.

They tell me to go right, then immediately retract it. I know the treasure room I was searching for is to the left, but figure I should check out where the right path leds first in case it is something interesting.

Turns out it is a one way door right back to the beginning. I have to navigate the entire labyrinth again to get to the treasure room.

Team Fortress 2:

Me: Gotta sap this sentry gun before my cloak runs out...*proceeds to try to sap a sentry while invisible*

*invisibility runs out*

Me: *promptly blown to bits by sentry*

Everyone watching me: *facepalm*

Me: Gottagrabtheintelgottagrabtheinte-

Sentry: lolnope. *guns me down*

Corpse: *falls through map*

Me: O____O

Me: *running through vents with Dead Ringer ready*

-later-

Me: Hm. The team must have this place locked down tight. I guess it's alright to disengage my Dead Ringer now. *puts Dead ringer away*

*Heavy medic and demoman come at this exact moment and own me horribly*

More will be posted later...

Playing harvest moon ToT singing the chocobo theme while riding an ostrich

Playing pokemon for 5 hours, game freezes I hadn't saved once in those 5 hours...

I was playing harvest moon back to nature and it was the potluck festival where everyone puts an ingredient in the pot. For some odd reason I wanted to carry my dog everywhere, I moved to put him down and accidentally threw him in the pot T_T

I was playing Yoshi's Island and I got to the point with the Potted Ghost. Easiest boss in the game. I mean, you just shove him off a cliff right? Right. So that's what I did.

And at the last second I FELL IN AFTER HIM! No amount of fluttering could save me. Worst. Fail. EVER!!

Dark Souls.

Fighting the Bed of Chaos and dying about 10x from it throwing me into the holes in the floor. Then I realized I could stand against the back wall and shoot it 10x to kill it -.-

Dark Souls.

New Londo Ruins- first time walking through, walk into "empty" room. 10 ghosts come through ceiling/wall/floor. Insta-kill lol.

Total War: Shogun 2

Playing through 125 turn Short Campaign. (Requirements to win are holding 25 territories). Last year, go to take over the 25th...5 Christian rebellions occur and I lose all 5 provinces. (Failed the campaign of over 10 hours due to forgetting about religious sway)

Also, new campaign. Lose home province on 5th turn due to not paying attention to my surroundings. (Went to take enemy province, enemy army went around behind me...doh)

Call of Duty MW3.

Get to round 43 of Survival on a medium map. Forget to buy ammo in between rounds with 10,000 credits. Fail.

Dark Souls...again.

Missing any platforming section makes me feel like a complete failure. Or anytime you fall for someones fake message (leading to your death).

My friend and I were playing Super Smash Bros Brawl and we had it on team battle(him and I vs CPU) and we had it to where team mates can hurt eachother. IDK why we did that but when we were playing stamina mode all of the players were piled on top of eachother and instead of KOing them I KOd my own team mate. I was wondering why I didnt see him anywhere until he told me that he got KOd. I laughed so hard even when I think of it now I still Laugh laugh.gif

FF8, out hunting Malboros to devour them. Zell one-hit kills everyone when berserked by Bad Breath then proceeds to punch himself to death.

Catherine, running from Thomas Mutton. End up getting speared by the same trap block. 5 TIMES IN A ROW. Because I'm dodging his kick-attack. (facepalm)

On an epic kill streak (like 6 in a row) and in the middle of getting two more (would be 8 in a streak which is practically impossible without hacks and I'm legit) at once in that cheap Korean shooter called Combat Arms, and I had plenty of health and was owning them but I sneezed and stepped on a mine. Kaboom!

I was so mad at myself!

But now it doesn't matter because now I don't play it any more cause it's awful. I wasted so much money on that game... mad.gif Anyways that's my fail and I suggest you don't play that game it's a trap in so many ways.

More TF2 fails...

I was playing as an Engineer and, since nothing seemed to be attacking my buildings, I pondered off to go help get the intel. Well, while I was there, I was waiting for the rest of my team to capture the intel so I could get it as soon as possible. Well, I quickly got impatient and began shooting a lightbulb. Then, I proceeded to get my head blown off by a sniper...and one of my friends had witnessed the whole thing while he was respawning. XP

"legend of zelda: a link to the past"

i was in the dark world, looking at the gargoyle statue and wondering how the hell i was supposed to open it, i tried every item in my inventory, and all possible things i could possibly do to the statue when, i finally realized i just needed to pull on the trident.

i spent 2 hours trying to open that dungeon.

Mass Effect:

Got up to the mission where you have to save a bunch of colonists on Feros (which all died mind you, anything that points a gun at me deserves to die, brainwashed or not /Not really just going down the Renegade pathway). Anywho, I went back through the area as I remembered I left a doorway locked (one of those you have to use decryption on), and decided I was going to find out why it was locked. After unlocking it the first thing I saw was an upgrade chest/storage locker forgot which, so I figured hey free loot.

I then looked at my radar and realised it was being jammed, so I new there was at least one enemy inside. Took a few steps towards said enemy and died. Yup, I found out it was one of the only enemies that really annoy me. Geth Armature. Died a good five times trying to snipe it from poor cover (it was placed in such a way that even scoping it would risk being killed in one shot). What made it worse was forgetting to save the game at a recent point the first time around. ;_;

Another fail? Forgetting to put shield boosters on Garrus's armour during the fight with the Thorian. He dropped like a fly at least three times, probably more. I really wish their AI would be slightly more intelligent instead of either A; Standing in the way of me trying to snipe enemies. B; Using cover but trying to shoot enemies just as the enemies fire off a few rounds. And worst of all, C; Decidng they wanted the spot I was using as cover more than I did, therefore not only blocking me from scoping anything, but also being a royal pain in the neck. Wrex is the most annoying for that. ;_;

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Got killed like 10 times by the tiny spawned monsters before I realized that you could kill the spawners...

Space Marine: Landed in a mob of 10 mobs with an empty bolt pistol and a chainsword in exterminatus. Needless to say the it didn't end up well for me.

Not so much as a fail on my part, but Nocturne keeps freezing up on me.

Normally when I've just spent ages in a dungeon/labyrinth without saving.

Edited by Fortune86

Woo, got an awesome one just a couple hours ago.

Climbing a tower in stage 6. Pushing blocks to bring the top of the puzzle down to me.

I pushed one final block, not realizing that nothing else above me was jutting out far enough to connect with the edge of the tower I was on. So I got to watch with fascination as the goal fell into oblivion and I was left without any recourse to finish the stage.

My recent Minecraft experience:

*walks into house*

Ohey, creeper, how'd you get in h- *BOOM*

-rebuilds-

*walks into house*

Ah carp, I left the door open aga- *BOOM*

-rebuilds-

Imma go find a pink sheep for my farm.

(After walking for about 30 minutes, I finally find a pink sheep)

(I start leading it home with some wheat)

Hai, wolfie. Wazzup?

*wolf kills sheep*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- [/ragequit]

Halo Multiplayer: We were playing infection. The zombie took out one of my team mates, whose ghost then exploded. I was several metres away, but part of the ghost's wing flew over and killed me. xd.png

Need For Speed- Hot Pursuit 2: Not so much a fail on my part. But the game was getting old, and invisible barriers kept popping up everywhere.

Like, part of the track would disappear, and a random invisible wall appear where it had once been.

That was most annoying. I would have to turn around and drive the other way, to try and escape the police; before charging back and hoping that the wall had gone.