CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

Dues Ex human Revolution: Great Game, i love it, can't make it far on easy without ammo and I don't even know how to buy on it, I try to get ammo, but don't understand its mechanics, so i stoed after awhile as I do not have a clue how to buy ammo.....

I epicly fail< I know....

Skyrim: I was being a complete idiot and jumping on top of a tomb as it was opening without thinking anything about it.

And then, a Dragon priest popped out and shocked my butt all the way to Oblivion.

And now you know never to jump on top of something that you hae no idea what is in it c:

Skyrim: I was being a complete idiot and jumping on top of a tomb as it was opening without thinking anything about it.

And then, a Dragon priest popped out and shocked my butt all the way to Oblivion.

And now you know never to jump on top of something that you hae no idea what is in it

And knowing is half the battle!

G-I-Joooooooe!

I wish I had seen that happen. x3

Two epic fails that led to wins:

Legend of Mana- I used to play that game all the time, but while exploring, I got lost so often (and got into so many battles as a result of getting lost) that my character gained fifty levels just from not being able to leave places. x3

Pokemon Black- I let my Krookodile fall asleep in battle and couldn't wake her up. It would have been a really bad fail, except that she was holding a Rocky Helmet (which damages opponents when they attack) and the foe Cinccino kept using Tail Slap. It fainted in about two turns. My Krookodile won a battle in her sleep. x3

Edited by Athkore

I have so many (I guess that comes with how often I play). I'll share yesterday's:

I was playing Transformers: War for Cybertron. I was playing as Skywarp. I found a turret with unlimited ammo, and started firing at my enemies below me. It took me at least a few minutes to figure out I was shooting at Starscream. My teammate. I was then killed by Autobots behind me. Whoops.

First death in an MMO (Final Fantasy XI), I thought that if I clicked return to homepoint it'd be gameover :x Was extremely stupid looking back on it, waited the whole hour hoping for a raise before the game kicked me back to my homepoint just inside the city I was next to ._.

I can fail in one million ways... laugh.gif

But recently:

Skyrim (after playing for 8 days or so) - I was going up the High Hrothgar to meet the greybeards and I somehow missed the main path. I ended up climbing the worst rocks with my horse. It took me about 1 hour and I died few times falling down the mountain. (Not to mention I wondered why the hell the game was so difficult at the beginning) After all that effort I appeared at the Throat of the world and needed to find my way down, meet the greybeards, and because my horse was at the wrong side of the gate (and I was overloaded), I had to climb up, get around the building and climb down again... Using the path would take 5 minutes up and 5 minutes down? laugh.gif Fail.

Sims 2 - My favourite pair (already having one child) tried for another baby and they got twins, I found perfect names for them and decorated their room, etc... After few minutes one of the babies got glitched and it couldn't be picked up. Nothing helped and I had to restart the game from the last saved point (lost good 3 hours of playing). + Had to cheat the twins next time, because they wouldn't have had them again...

KalOnline (my favourite MMORPG) - When I made my first character there, a mage, (almost 6 years ago), I put stat points in all stats - you know: lots of intelligence and wisdom, some health and a bit of agility and strength. Later I found out mages didn't need strength or agility at all. Fortunatelly there was an item to reset the stats later, but very very expensive. Same with skills... Didn't know i wouldn't have enough skill points to max all three branches of magic spells... had to reset the other two later (another expensive stones). But after all, still playing the character. biggrin.gif

Also, my guilty pleasure: hunting video games.

And I want to be a vet. >>

I feel your pain.

I love the Hunting Unlimited games and I love animals too...

FUUUUUUUUUU

Three fails in a row on a Minecraft server-

I warped to the Skylands area for the first time. I walk around a bit, just enjoying the scenery. I climb up to a train station, to find a creeper just chillin there. I ran, seeing two more creepers and a skeleton, and the creeper blows the carp out of me on a ledge. I come back soon after, TRYING to enjoy the place again. I randomly take some damage, spazz out, and find that I'm being murdered by a burning Zombie. Zombie on fiyah pushes me off into the Void. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I come back a third time, walk around a bit, and start chasing a chicken. Me and the chicken plummet into the Void. Screw the Skylands, I'll find something else to do.

Uncharted 2. I'll be semi-vague so as to not spoil anything.

There's this part where you're getting constantly bombarded by a tank. I have been through this one particular section, like, 50 times, and could not figure out a way past it for the life of me. I tried suicide runs. I tried jumping off cliffs. I tried exploring. Few times has a video game made me so frustrated. After a couple of "GGRRRRRRRRRRR! Just let me sleep on it, I'll get it later!!!! " attempts, throwing the controller down multiple times, and shouting various explicatives, I finally gave in and looked up a walk through. Turns out, all I needed to do was go to the right, up a not-so-hidden pathway. I face-palmed, and thought to myself "Seriously?!! THAT PATH WAS NOT THERE!!!!"

stupid, stupid, great game.

*gives a cookie*

Been there, done that.

I also had trouble getting through a door on the train level. I just could not open it before I got blown up by the helicopter.

About nine tries later, I saw the RPG...

I can fail in one million ways... laugh.gif

But recently:

Skyrim (after playing for 8 days or so) - I was going up the High Hrothgar to meet the greybeards and I somehow missed the main path. I ended up climbing the worst rocks with my horse. It took me about 1 hour and I died few times falling down the mountain. (Not to mention I wondered why the hell the game was so difficult at the beginning) After all that effort I appeared at the Throat of the world and needed to find my way down, meet the greybeards, and because my horse was at the wrong side of the gate (and I was overloaded), I had to climb up, get around the building and climb down again... Using the path would take 5 minutes up and 5 minutes down? laugh.gif Fail.

I DID THIS ON SKYRIM!!!

I feel your pain! It took me a long time to find it. I didn't make it to the Throat of the World though. I made it to High Hrothgar instead but went clean around the mountain nearly. Couldn't find no path at all till like the last 300 feet or so maybe even less.

Getting anywhere on there can be a pain!

On Portal 2, there's the one spot where a big pipe falls and breaks the catwalk and splashes blue gel. Seems quite obvious that you're supposed to use the gel to jump over the gap, right? For some reason I could not make that jump. Landed too short, hit the side and fell, missed altogether.... finally got it after like 20 mins. It was absolutely annoying. >_>

On minecraft I made a extreemly tall tree and I put a ladder up to the top and one day I just went wtf and jumped off the top for some reason... xd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.png

Oh and on pokemon Diamond I had this cheat to run THROUGH THINGS so I felt like running through the trees you find every where and suddenly BOOM I couldn't move, it wasent frosen but i was like

"Mkay not doin' that again!"

@ Emily: No need to double post, just use the edit button smile.gif

Been playing racing Chocobos on FFXIII-2 this morning and was in the lead coming up to the finish line. My boost bar was filled but I didn't see any point in using it because I couldn't see any one else near me.

About four steps away from the finish line this black cocobo zipped right past me D:

let's see now... i say anyone who has played the sims games has at least one funny story to tell xd.png like once my sim was jumping on a trampoline, i paused the game and she is in this position like she's going to jump someone! so i move her to the only other sim who was at the house at the moment and took a picture xd.png it can be seen on my deviantart page too!

once i was watching my bf playing fable and looking for the gnomes, during a battle, one started talking and said "... it's like comparing mud to-" slow motion starts and the gnomes voice slows down and says "-SEWAAAAAGE". i burst out laughing so hard, and i still laugh thinking about it xd.png

Me and my brother had fun coming up with possible and impossible fails for SSBB yesterday. Some choice ones:

Possible: You know you fail at Brawl when:

- You use the Landmaster and drive off a cliff.

- You use Great Aether and kill yourself.

- You use Mario's FS and push yourself beyond the blast line

- You blast yourself off with a Wario Waft

- You accidentally send Sandbag backwards in the Home Run Contest.

Impossible: You know you fail at Brawl when:

- You play as Olimar and your own Pikmin attack you.

- You use Pit's Final Smash and the Palutrans stab YOU in the back.

- The Chaos Emeralds break when you try to use them.

- You take damage when you use Thunder. You are Pikachu.

- Sandbag kills you.

Here's an epic fail on Diamond- I was really little, and really only cared about my Chinchar. Do it became a level 58 Infernape. I fought half the elite four wit this.

Blaze or whatever his name is

Me- Infernape use Flane wheel!

His- uses earthquake

Me- O_O what the?

Infernape- dies

Me- >:o cheater!

Was recently playing Dead Space a few nights ago, and anyone who's familiar with this game will know it's glitchy at the best of times. Random freezing, Necromorphs running endlessly in circles, corpses getting stuck to Isaac's feet and disappearing essential batteries are just a few. Well I encountered a new one which just about caused me to die laughing.

Fought the Brute in chapter 11 and while I know they're the only enemy you don't have to stomp on after it's dead, I did it anyway out of habit. The moment Isaac's boot touched the Brute, the corpse seemed to suddenly disappear... only for it to come crashing down on the other side of the room seconds later. Yes, somehow little ol' Isaac had stomped the Brute hard enough that it had launched its body miles up into the air at Mach 3. I had to pause the game because I was laughing that hard. I was able to launch the Brute 3 more times before the game cottoned on that that wasn't supposed to happen.

I still don't know what caused it. It's like the Dead Space engine just went OH GOD AM NOT GOOD WITH RAGDOLL PHYSICS WHAT DO? D: and went mental.

Minecraft. When I was mining glowstone, I fell into the lava because of ghasts. And LOST ALL OF MY EQUIPMENT.

Also at the indie-game Cave Story, where I have tried to defeat the Core. Man, that was pretty hard ><

Final Fantasy 7. I was doing the beginning mission where you have to blow up the first Mako Reactor. I was walking forward to go place the bomb, and my character suddenly wouldn't walk forward. I seriously couldn't figure out why I was stuck, so I call my friend who lent me the game for a while over. He turns around from where he's sitting and backs up my character a few paces and he's like, "There's an item on the ground in front of you..." ...............Oops. I didn't even see it. tongue.gif

Mass Effect 3: (Warning, some minor spoilers)

Wrex: -awesome inspiring speech-

Shepard: Yeah! FOR TUCHANKA! FOR THE KROGAN! -charge and promptly slaughtered by a Brute-

Skyrim: Made the trek up the 7,000 steps, and couldn't go inside High Hrothgar. So I attempted (stupidly) to WALK AROUND THE MONASTERY. Well, that ended in a plummet down the side of the mountain and a respawn right in front of the frost troll.

TF2..pretty much every darned time I spy. *derp*

First off, I like playing on a Minefort 100% crits server as a warm-up map. Well, I was spying with a much different loadout than what I usually use. Normal loadout is Enforcer, Festive Knife, and Cloak and Dagger(C&D). This loadout was Le'etranger, Your Eternal Reward(YER), and C&D.

Well, the YER basically does silent kills, and gives you an instant disguise with a backstab, but disables your disguise kit.

Cue me epicfailing while trying to find someone to stab.

Though, I did eventually stab this annoying spychecking F2P heavy and make him ragequit, so we're all good now.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS:

Me- *goes up to Cucco* Haha, like this chicken can kill me.

Me- *hits Cucco with sword*

Cucco- *gets angry and calls friends*

Cuccos- *attacks*

Me- HFJAKHDSFNSVIOEUAIW!!!!!! *runs away from the evil chickens*

Me- *dies* x_____x'''

<XD Those Cuccos are some evil chickens.

And another time....

Me- *is running around*

Me- *runs off high ledge*

Me- *dies*

Me- ಢ^ ಢ .... CRUD.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:

Me- *standing in that field outside the castle village at dark*

Zombie Thing *pops out of ground and heads towards me*

Me- O^O HOLY CRAD!!! *runs*

*more zombie things appear*

Me- WTF?! *gets to Epona's ranch* WHEW! =-='

Then I find out they're easy to kill. <XD I felt so stupid. And yes, I did say holy crad. >XD