CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

I'd like to mention a story about a fail in a video game, although it was really someone else's fail and my gain. tongue.gif

One time I played Super Smash Brothers with my friends at one of their homes. This was at my favorite map, the Star Fox one. When it boiled down to just me and my friend left, my friend grabbed a bob-omb so he can throw it at me. Where I was exactly was at the part before the highest part of the ship was going up. I waited patiently for the move. So, he jumped over and throws the bomb down at me. I immediately popped my shield up and the bob-omb ricocheted right off rather than explode. When my friend landed in front of me, the bomb went his way and well...he got caught in the blast and he flew. I ended up winning the match cuz of that one slip my friend did. My other friends laughed while he just stared at me appalled.

Unfortunately, a computer player played that exact same trick on me another time later and I got caught in the blast. I didn't fly far though and I recovered, so that's a bit of my fail.

Apparently I never posted it, though it happened a while ago.

Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories. I finally got around to the second Larxene battle. So, like every boss battle, I start it out with a Vexen card and then just go with it. Usually just Sonic-blading these bosses to death. I managed to get Larx down to about half an HP bar.... then she used her incredibly annoying Blade Storm. I died and put the controller down.

I forgot that I used the Vexen card, so I was brought back to life. Then she Blade Storm'd me back to death again before I could pick the controller back up.

*facepalm*

This just happened today. I was playing Epic Mickey, got to the Colosseum, had to fight a whole bunch of enemies. I died SO MANY TIMES from falling in the thinner pool because I kept trying to thin the floor under the enemies to make them fall in. Then my friend showed me a Let's Play video, where I realized that you can use the spin attack on enemies, and it's much easier to destroy the whole floor and spin the enemies into the thinner.

Soon after that, I jumped off Mean Street just to see if I could.

Yesterday, on WoW, I was in Sethria's Roost, going through the Hyjal dailies, when I somehow aggroed the Seething Pyrelord I was fighting away from the NPC tank that was helping me. Even though he was close to death himself, he killed me just before he could die. Then when I found my corpse and rezed myself, one of his minor Seethers that hadn't quite disappeared yet saw me and attacked. Since the NPCs who were helping me hadn't reappeared yet, and I was afraid killing it would attract the attention of the Pyrelord, I ran away... right off a cliff. xd.png Luckily third time was the charm and I got revenge.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

My strategies for LoZ in general. They vary slightly by game, but I have three in paricular:

- If I can't figure out a strategy, bang my head on a wall with the strength bracelet. (Have done this in Awakening/Oracle of Ages.)

- New Idea: BLOW IT UP! (Memetic mutation in my house)

- Act first, think later. (Applies to all. Has resulted in many solved problems. And many stupid deaths. Like jumping into magma.)

SSBB: I try everything. Including stupidly difficult jumps. A jump designed to be acheivble only by Pit done with Meta Knight. An inescapable custom trap escaped. Et cetera. I often do more experimenting than fighting. xd.png

Recent specific things: Skyward Sword (LoZ)

- I the normal playthrough, I didn't pay enough attention to my sheild gauge. I broke my first wooden shield. I meant to keep that... sad.gif Oh well.

- Hero Mode: I got cocky. Converstion went along these lines:

Me: Meh, I'm invincible. I've got a fairy!

Bro: Hey, go kill those Bokoblins.

Me: Okay. *attacks them* *gets ganged up on* *dies* blink.gif

Me: ... I don't have a fairy anymore.

- First mid boss of Hero Mode (Stalfos): I got cocky. "Hah! There's no way you could kill me, this is easy!" *killed in one hit* "OHSH! ...I didn't have a fairy." xd.png

Most of my gaming fails involve getting epically lost and stumbling across some random optional uberboss and such.

Recently, many fails while playing Uncharted 2 for the first time. There's a reason why I stick to RPGs and games with swords in them. xd.png I have absolutely terrible aim with guns. And grenades. sleep.gif I don't want to count how many times I went to throw one only to have it bounce off a conveniently placed obstacle and blow up in my face. I've also had more than a few jumping fails, either from Drake not actually jumping where I've aimed him or from falling just a few inches short.

Recently, many fails while playing Uncharted 2 for the first time. There's a reason why I stick to RPGs and games with swords in them. xd.png I have absolutely terrible aim with guns. And grenades. sleep.gif I don't want to count how many times I went to throw one only to have it bounce off a conveniently placed obstacle and blow up in my face. I've also had more than a few jumping fails, either from Drake not actually jumping where I've aimed him or from falling just a few inches short.

Even though you can throw genades back in Uncharted 3 I never did becase I kept forgetting.

My main method of dealing with genades is running away...usually straight into a wall.

Boom.

Even though you can throw genades back in Uncharted 3 I never did becase I kept forgetting.

My main method of dealing with genades is running away...usually straight into a wall.

Boom.

I actually enjoy throwing grenades back(particularly when there are lots of enemies, and little cover), though occasionally one blows up while I am trying to toss it back.

Mass Effect. I don't remember it being this hard. My playthrough has just been a big fail. I've died more times playing on 'Normal' with only 10 hours than I did my entire playthrough of ME2 on Hardcore. D:

I don't understand.

Pokemon Diamond.

So I was riding my bike to the poke center so I could heal my pokemon. Now, my old ds has a bad habit of freezing and glitching. So when I rode into the poke center, I was still riding my bike inside and somehow gained the ability to walk through walls on my bike. tongue.gif

So much of a fail, I didn't even get to play anything. Tried to turn on my DSi to play Pokemon Black... it didn't turn on. I thought maybe I'd accidentally pushed the power button in a way that it registered twice somehow, so I tried again. This time, I saw the screens and power light flicker once, and the power light was red. Apparently I'd left the DS in sleep mode and forgot about it for I think a few weeks. xd.png

Haha, I was playing Portal 2 yesterday and GLaDOS is like "Here's the last test chamber! It's shorter than what your friend came up with." I laughed because of the heart on the wall and was curious about what would happen if I did what she said instead of following Wheatley. I run over... "There's a deer over there by the door. You can't see it from where you are." Ran to the door. Cue neurotoxin coming out of the vents above and me falling over dead. "ACHIEVEMENT EARNED: Good Listener". xd.png Made me laugh.

Haha, I was playing Portal 2 yesterday and GLaDOS is like "Here's the last test chamber! It's shorter than what your friend came up with." I laughed because of the heart on the wall and was curious about what would happen if I did what she said instead of following Wheatley. I run over... "There's a deer over there by the door. You can't see it from where you are." Ran to the door. Cue neurotoxin coming out of the vents above and me falling over dead. "ACHIEVEMENT EARNED: Good Listener". xd.png Made me laugh.

Haha very nice tongue.gif

Once, when I was playing a dragon game on my PSP, I flew into a mountain because I was going too fast and died. I lost the game because of that >.>

Sooo a couple weeks ago my guild was raiding Dragon Soul in WoW. We're doing pretty well for a RP guild, and we'd gotten to Hagara (our first time in the raid outside of LFR) with only a few hiccups.

Well, Hagara does this thing where every once in a while she creates this huge dome of death around her and summons these crystals (4 total). You kill a crystal and this icewall of instadeath comes, and you just outrun it until you kill all 4. Easy, right?

Nearly half the raid ran face-first into the icewall that formed in front of them. :| SO MUCH FOR THAT.

i was playing TLoZ skyward sword(best game evah xd.png) and i didnt know you could flap your wings on your loftwing...

yyyyep i beat the wing ceremony without flaping. it took me FOREVER!!!!

i was sereosly like halfway through the game before i figured out how to flap!!! LOL

i was playing TLoZ skyward sword(best game evah xd.png) and i didnt know you could flap your wings on your loftwing...

yyyyep i beat the wing ceremony without flaping. it took me FOREVER!!!!

i was sereosly like halfway through the game before i figured out how to flap!!! LOL

Haha, I did that too, didn't realize till after the ceremony that you could flap. xd.png

This wasn't MY fail, but way back in the day, when my brother was playing FF8, he skipped all the tutorials, and managed to make it all the way to the fight with Adel without knowing how to properly junction or use magic. Yep.

I actually enjoy throwing grenades back(particularly when there are lots of enemies, and little cover), though occasionally one blows up while I am trying to toss it back.

My Dad is now playing Uncharted 3 and he's having fun with the grenades too (ie, getting blown up).

He has just reached the Pirate level and the first major gun fight with them.

One of them lobbed a grenade at him and he vaulted over a wall to escape it, feeling pretty pleased with himself, and straight into the path of a sniper rifle.

I've gotten better at knowing when to toss back, and when to just run.

Anyways, my latest fail was playing Skyrim. There was something I wanted to get to, just on the other side of a river. I jump into the river, but I can't find anywhere to climb out, the bank is too rocky, so I head downstream hoping to find a place to climb out, and I ended up falling off a waterfall, killing myself. After going back to where I last saved, I realized that had I gone just a little bit upstream, it was shallow and I could have crossed it easily.

he skipped all the tutorials, and managed to make it all the way to the fight with Adel without knowing how to properly junction or use magic. Yep.

I'm on the forth disc and I still don't know how all of those mechanics work xd.png

In Portal 2, I thought you were supposed to go through Test Chamber 22.

I also died trying to Rick, I managed to do it when there was about 5 seconds left on the clock. Then I died.

Oh, also in Portal 2, I was also running around with a turret. Then I dropped it when it was facing me.

I died.

Uncharted 2. I'll be semi-vague so as to not spoil anything.

There's this part where you're getting constantly bombarded by a tank. I have been through this one particular section, like, 50 times, and could not figure out a way past it for the life of me. I tried suicide runs. I tried jumping off cliffs. I tried exploring. Few times has a video game made me so frustrated. After a couple of "GGRRRRRRRRRRR! Just let me sleep on it, I'll get it later!!!! " attempts, throwing the controller down multiple times, and shouting various explicatives, I finally gave in and looked up a walk through. Turns out, all I needed to do was go to the right, up a not-so-hidden pathway. I face-palmed, and thought to myself "Seriously?!! THAT PATH WAS NOT THERE!!!!"

stupid, stupid, great game.