CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

Umm, let's see. Might and Magic 6, directing my sister who was playing in a speedy escape of a dungeon we've been looting repeatedly. She's playing and I'm watching the map. She yells out "which way do I go?" being that there's a turn coming up. I look at the map and shout "left!"

The map is facing south, not north...

Instead of the safe path out she lands in a pit of vipers. Perhaps 10 or so. Never seen a party make that many pained faces and all go green that fast.

Yeah, so characters in Might and Magic has facial expressions and voices. They react when hit and make grunting sounds and how bloody they are indicates damage and how green and sick looking they are indicates poison and disease. They even all say "pick me! pick me!" repeatedly while cycling through faces when picking the starting party. Gets REALLY annoying.

I was playing hands of war two, and I had heal on. Then I walked righjt into the bad guy's camp, and franticly tried to kill them with my healing spell... R.I.P, Axis Junior. (My character's name)

FFX - party is Yuna, Auron and Tidus. Everyone has their ultimate equipment on except for their ultimate weapons - I'm catching monsters. Tidus has a basilik sword that either captures if there's room to capture that type of monster or instantly stones/shatters/destroys if there's no availability for that monster.

So I go to catch Greater Malboros. I haven't saved for nearly an hour. Tidus is hit with Bad Breath. Berserked and confused, he kills the entire party, then smacks himself in the face with his sword, instantly turning to stone and shattering all over my screen.

Granted I hate him so I laughed like a hyena, but still. FAIL. An hour of work, gone, with one stupid character's AI-driven actions.

Halo - who knew that i could die in a game so many times? biggrin.gif

Soul Calibur 4 - not using my random button pressing strategy. who knew that i could die on my best game so many times? biggrin.gif

Bleach:Shattered Blade - decided to play as the one character i can't play as. i did not know that i could get hit that many times in a row, and scream at the game that long without losing my voice. xd.png

Edited by Blackmirror

Sims 3: I got a roommate and then later decided i wanted to marry....so i tried to evict my roommate! IT FAILED...I punched him, screamed, sweet talked and he still wouldn't leave...so in the end i had him run over by a car. Sadly...

Speed Racer: I was racing and it glitched, my car went down the track without me and i was still trying to steer it

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince: Malfoy killed me. alot.png. Nuff said.

Minecraft:

This.

I came out during the rain after getting the living censorkip.gif scared outta me by a spider, and I saw a Creeper. Naturally, I ran into a wall.

FFFF-

It took away my 'very nice everythings'!

Edited by Drako_tamer

I was playing pokemon, I was doing a really serious battle with Ghestis, I was really anxious so I kept on pressing the a button without even realising it then just like that my pokemon did the wrong move and if I hadn't of had any revival herbs I would've lost the battle laugh.gif

In Red Faction: Armageddon, I was using the Magnet Gun, which lets you tag something destructible (almost everything's destructible), then tag another thing to pull the first thing to it and usually destroy them both. Well, what I usually try to do is tag a bit of salvage (loot needed for upgrades) and tag the ground at my feet so I pull the loot to me. Turns out I had tagged the staircase right behind this one piece, so I pulled a bunch of metal at myself instead, and I happened to be standing on a destructible bridge...

I couldn't stop laughing when Darius (my guy) hit the bottom of the really deep chasm and then said, "Ugh...I can't believe this," right before the "You died!" screen came up. 'Cause I was supposed to make it over the bridge and then see an alien kill a couple guys, so then he would comment on how bad the spread of the aliens is getting, but instead he commented how terrible my fail had just been. biggrin.gif

And then there's Spore civilization stage... ah. I'm probably the worst RTS player in the world, so even in a game as simple as that, my first try was military (because I was so fail in tribe stage that I didn't know how to be social) and I had no idea what I was doing and then everyone was my enemy and I didn't have enough money to... sigh. I told the game to delete the planet so I could start over, but I didn't realize the entire planet would blow up.... Oops. I liked that planet, too.

Then I didn't know what I was doing in space stage either, so I got into messes with warriors wanting my money and allies dying and me dying even worse. Ha. It took, like, three games of this before I finally figured out how to get a hold of things. It makes my fails that much worse that Spore essentially has some pretty simple gameplay! Hehehe. At least I'm way better at it now.

Edited by Michangs

Lying in bed playing psp games while my psp fell from my grip and smacked me in the nose...does that count?

COD: Black Ops-online

I was at the corner of a house outside, I pulled a Semtex Grenade and it stuck to the corner if the house and killed me, do the same with Crossbow Explosive Tip all the time. I blow myself up more than anyone else blows me up.

So many fails in so few games.

Minecraft:

Fail 1: Went to lava level, didn't know I was actually at lava level (didn't understand how to read the debug screen either). Found my very first diamond, mined it and promptly lost the gem to the lava below.

Fail 2: Found myself in a massive underground cave, decided I wanted to make obsidian with the magma/lava down there. I made a small enclosure for the lava to sit in when I pour the water over the top. Placed lava ON the edge of the enclosure. Didn't think, lava pours on me and I die losing everything I had collected in that dungeon.

Fail 3: Went searching for cacti to use in an automated farm. Probably spent half an hour heading in who knows what direction, hoping to find a desert biome. Found two Taiga biomes, one forest biome and one plain biome, but still no desert biome. Not long after, I found a lone cactus on a beach. Didn't know which way was home (did not light my path during the night). Decided to go underground to obtain supplies to make torches (also didn't know charcoal was a decent replacement for coal). Long story short, I set up two different "base" areas underground but lost the one with the most equipment (around 30 bars of iron + two stacks of redstone, which was a lot to me then). Only after I made a compass did I manage to find my first base again, and that was after I realized the base I made was over a mountain, thus making it hidden at my initial spawn point).

Fail 4: Follow directions on how to make simple redstone circuits, still end up getting it wrong. Same deal with following directions on creating automated farms, both my wheat and sugarcane farms are at least 20% different from the ones in the tutorials I watched.

Did I mention I made my first base on a very small island? I end up almost drowning myself if I fall into the water under the 1 block thick land I had to place on the perimeter of the original island.

^I play on peaceful by the way (because I jump at the dungeon sounds alone...). xd.png

Assassins Creed:

Fail 1: Jump off building trying to escape guards, thinking Altair can at least swim, being an assassin and all. He can't.

Fail 2: Trying to jump gaps between buildings for the lulz, tried to jump a gap a little too big, making Altair fall. Hoped I wasn't up too high for instant death. I was.

That's all the fails I can remember for now. xd.png

Fail... Not really, but one I had recently.

Played Alice: Madness Returns yesterday and left the comp to my bro to go have lunch. I was still at the Vale of Tears with only Vorpal Blade. When I got back about three hours later, the char's already at Queensland playing with her new Hobby Horse... And my bro is 6 years younger than me and he had just started high school. *sobs*

I was playing a game on my DS.. Finally made it to the big bad boss, but I only had like 20% of my life left. However, going back to heal meant having to go through the super-hard part again. So I trudged forward. I actually got the boss down on life and almost defeated him. I was on my last couple of life points, as was the boss, when my dog comes in and jumps on my bed in my face. I drop my DS, and when I pick it up again, GAME OVER. And I forgot to save before going in the last room too.

Yuck. Having to redo that all was terribly torturous.

My Best/ Worst fail?

-

Was plyaing Borderlands online. And got this really good missle launcher. What i didnt know was that this was bugged. It destrioed all my saves... I wasnt laughing. Not at all...

Halo Reach: Okay, I don't own Halo and I was playing it at a friend's house. There were 4 of us and we split up in teams of 2, each building our own base. I was making a charge into the enemy's base in a...ghost? The little purple thing...anway, I kept saying "Don't worry, I got this!" to my teammate. There was some ramp leading into the enemy's base and as I was going up they noticed me. So I used the boost button to go faster and...I...kind of boosted too much, flew over the entire base and...kiiiiind of fell off the side of a cliff to my death. I then said "I don't got this!"

Super Mario RPG- Got to the Fifth Star Piece and Game over'd

Then remembered Last save was at Rose Town with 2 Stars.

This one is tiny, but I find it funny.

I was playing Pokemon Black and was going to battle a friend. I had to switch out a couple pokemon so I walked up to the Pokecenter counter where you get your pokemon healed and clicked, expecting to open the PC to switch pokemon.

I then had to go through healing everything before I went to the PC, switched out the pokemon I thought I needed and then realized I had one more to switch. I went back to the counter instead of the PC...

So yeah, not really a fail but I sure felt stupid. And to do it twice in under a minute! xd.png

Not that big of a fail, but still funny.

In Red Faction: Armageddon, at the start of the last zone in the single-player game, there's this pit thing with ramps and stuff that you're supposed to go on, but the road-ish thing you start on first looks like it continues even though there's actually an inconspicuous gap. I was assaulted by aliens from the pit right then, so I looked away from the road as I kept going and didn't notice the gap until I plummeted straight into it. Ouch.

I've got a new one.

The final level in cave story is called hell.

DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE?!?!?!?!

Also, earlier today, I was trying to get the transmission recieved achievement in portal.

I finally managed to knock the radio off the ledge.

and into the fizzler right below

Cake to anyone who can guess the test chamber number!

Finally, this happened last week, I got a chance at the professor Portal achivement, when my partner disconeted two seconds into the opening cutscene.

A few from a game called "Age of Conan"

One time on the first map where ya can go group questing me and a bunch of others went epic on this map (Epic means the guys are like 40 levels above you no matter what) Anyway we decided to take on a cave full of guys. Needless to say I was dying so I started running around our group in hopes they could finish the guy off. My sis (she was there to) tells they just watched me run in circles around them sleep.gif. Though it was funny hearing about that.

In the same game me and 2 others had to go on top of a cliff beat a boss then get back to the start of the area. We beat the boss and I go jump off the cliff to get there faster. Travel by death lol.

Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) : Gah. Me and me sister were in the Arena, fighting a basic Great Jaggi. It was our first time, so we had to. We were both around the age of 13. Me: 15 Her: 12. Dad had ordered pizza. We were about to beat the Great Jaggi. We had our last chance left, so if we died we lost the thing. About two more smacks and the creature was dead.

A second later: Sister and me about to kill it. "Pizza!" Knock on door. I run to the door, and so does she. A minute later we are staring at the screen; there goes the trophy. *Dead* xP

Call of Duty 4: I was playing randomly in our practice server before a clan funzie. A 2v2. Me and my team mate were practicing places to go on a certain map 'n stuff incase we had to vs our opposing team here. I was only 10, so we were mucking around and on a roof that was on top of the building in the middle of the map. Spinning on the edges. Two people came in, to practice aswell. We were talking through our mics, "Hey! Randomkid! (That was his name) Look, this is the best tactic ever. When you are left with your teamate dead and the other two, one a sniper and the other a gun. "Yeah?" He asked. "Well, if you do. You ca-" /shot. I fell off to the ground, stunned. "What, what is it?" He asked. "Oh, I forgot, I just fell... because... I just fell alright!" I was waving my arms up and down around myself, so I told him I was going to get a drink and stuff. I took off my headsets, and the next thing I knew I was knocking my sister's coke out of her hands. The cup fell to the ground, and the coke splattered everywhere. "I brang you a drink..." She said before it fell. Gah. Stupid arms...

My first ever Pokemon game (well, the first I ever played) was Pokemon Colosseum for Gamecube... I was under the assumption that "releasing" your Pokemon meant letting them out of their Poke ball for a bit... so I released my Umbreon...

Then i restarted, and later I had no idea where my Poke balls were... I didn't know there was more than one compartment in the bag... blink.gif

Games: Pokemon stadium (N64) And pokemon yellow (Gameboy)

So I was up to the Fire gym leader in Pokemon Yellow. When I decided I wanted to restart, well I found out I could store my Pokemon on the Pokemon stadium game I had by transferring them through a gamepack. Well I transferred all of my pokemon over to stadium (well atleast the ones I cared about) all of my lvl 40+ pokemon were then stored onto stadium. So then I restarted Yellow, then I went through and beat the rock gym, and then I transferred my pokemon from the old yellow (that are on stadium now.) onto the new one, So I then figured out that I couldn't control any of the pokemon that I transferred over. And then I quit Yellow!

In many games: Died in attempts to get stuff by jumping and landing into lava, spikes,endless space,etc, when I know I'm not supposed to do that and have done this over and over.

Madagascar (Xbox): I was on the 4th level, and I was told that the big,burly dudes couldn't be snuck up on and dispatched like normal sailors. I walked straight towards the guy to knock him out, and he grabbed me.

While on was at the part where you have to cross a swamp with these spiders in it, I got startled by the fat spiders coming out of nowhere and fell in the swamp to get away from them. Repeated 10 times.

I was playing Mass Effect 2 when my character randomly floats up into the air and dies during combat. It puts me back a good length of time into the game. I get back to that part, and it happens again in the same place. By the time I get there again, I go a different way to try and outsmart this glitch. I run right into a massive flank of enemies that takes me by surprise while i'm eeeing over bypassing the glitch.

Lol.

I passed it the 4th time, by the way.